“Great hotel ideally located” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kempinski Hotel Amman

Kempinski Hotel Amman
Ranked #12 of 148 Hotels in Amman
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Great hotel ideally located”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is a great hotel. I stayed here for business a few weeks ago and the staff could not have been more welcoming. The facilities are great. Lovely relaxing outside area, the gym is well equipped but quite small and plenty of choice of places to eat. The breakfast was great, lots of choice including fruit, cereal, cooked breakfast an omelette bar, pastries and selection of teas and coffee. The sports bar is a strange bar. It's a huge area with some comfy chairs that look like they belong in a poolside bar and some more casual seating. This was a huge space that was never busy. The staff in there also sometimes needed prompting a few times to try and get their attention. Other than that I cannot fault the hotel and would return. Good tip - there is a restaurant called Houstons across the road, which doesn't look much from the outside but does great food reasonably priced.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kempinski_Amman, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Amman, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during your recent stay at the Kempinski Hotel Amman. Being our valued guest, your opinion and feedback is extremely important to us, as it will help us to further enhance and shape our service in delivering a truly memorable and authentic experience to our customers.
I am pleased to know that we were able to delight you and look forward to welcome you back to Kempinski Hotel Amman soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time if I can be of assistance to you for your next stay in Amman.

Beat Wiesmann

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Oswestry
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed for three nights at the start of a tour of Jordan.

The hotel is a typical modern hotel, the location is not idea for extensive eating out as there is not a lot around it in terms of restaurants. Contrary to some of the reviews on this site we found the suite we were in to be clean, tidy and modern and well on a par with European hotels (better than a lot on the continent!). The food in the main restaurant was OK, nothing special though and expensive but we were to find this the case everywhere we stayed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kempinski_Amman, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Amman, responded to this review, 2 June 2014

I appreciate and have noted your suggestion where we have room to engage in further strengthening our product and service regarding the food offered and provided at our main restaurant as well as the rest of the outlets, to meet the expectations of all our valuable guests. Meanwhile I look forward to welcome you back to Kempinski Hotel Amman soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time if I can be of assistance to you for your next stay in Amman.

Beat Wiesmann
Mombasa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I was there for a 4 days for a conference .
The rooms for the conference are good, with all the facilities .
The tea breaks where good .
The rooms spacious with the essentials , good beds. The bath room as well good.
The meals all buffet well displayed , lots of varieties to all the tastes, plenty .
Staff ok but sometimes not very helpful , maybe because the language barrier , but always very kind.

Room Tip: I believe that all the rooms are good. The higher the better view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kempinski_Amman, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Amman, responded to this review, 17 May 2014

I appreciate and have noted your suggestion where we have room to engage in further strengthening our product and service. Meanwhile I look forward to welcome you back to Kempinski Hotel Amman soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time if I can be of assistance to you for your next stay in Amman.
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at the Kempinski hotel for one night as part of a business trip. Remarks to be made are that the hotel is located well i Amman with essy acces to downtown area but also malls and shops. The hotel staff is friendly, helpful and professional. Rooms, gym and business center are making Kempinski a good value hotel for a business trip.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kempinski_Amman, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Amman, responded to this review, 14 May 2014

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Probably a wonderful hotel in its day, but it is getting run down and, more importantly, the basics are just lacking for a modern business traveler.

There aren't any outlets near the bedside, and those that are nearby are all switched (and needed for room lighting), so you can't charge your phone on the nightstand. The only outlets that aren't switched are UK-style, not the expected two-pin European-style. On the positive side, they did supply with me an adapter on request.

The Internet connectivity SUCKS. Your room comes with "free" internet which maxes out at around 200-400 kb/s. Yeah, my cell phone on 2G on a bad day is a lot faster than that. All the web pages apparently get rewritten and framed by their proxy (p2026.superclick.com), so BYO VPN if that concerns you.

The desk is your typical "good looking" rather than functional desk and there isn't a chair that has adjustable height so that you can work on a laptop.

The room has a reasonable place to lay out a single bag, good closet space, but no drawers to speak of. OK for an overnight, but if you're working here a week, then not terribly easy to organize your goods.

It's in a very business-oriented part of town, so past the nearby well-stocked and clean supermarket, there isn't much.

Book here if you want to be able to walk to a client, but hardly my first choice for a return visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Kempinski Hotel Amman for your future travel needs and I look forward to welcome you back soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time if I can be of assistance to you for your next stay in Amman.
Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed here with partner in May 2014 for one night, partner stay on for another night for work. Overall good, but some noise issues.

Checked in around 1.30 but the room was not yet ready so we had a tasty mezze at the pool terrace. There was a little confusion with the order, as the menu said it was for 2 pax to share, but something was lost verbally in the confirmation of this and try as we might, we eventually resigned ourselves to the fact that 2 portions, enough for 4 people, was coming. Sure enough it did, but a manager arrived with it and said he thought there was some confusion alright but there was no extra charge and we continued to graze.

We were checked into a suite on the 2nd floor, which had a living room/workspace, very handy for partner who ended up plugged in a bit, a good bathroom with separate shower and shower over bath, and a large bedroom with dual aspect balcony overlooking the pool 2 floors down.

Napped, showered, headed for dinner in Amman which hotel booked along with taxi, both very efficient and smooth.

Returned early as I had a 5am start for flight. We had a nightcap at the pool around 10.30 where there was one couple at a table and a group of 4 sharing a shish. And the DJ. Who was now mixing up some interesting tunes. We retired, leaving the 6 other people there.

Well, we tried to, at least. Overlooking the pool meant we were kept awake by the music which got progressively heavy and bassy throughout the night. Not blaring, but certainly enough to distract from sleep. If you rolled on your side expecting to hear the low thud of your heart beat you were in for a shock. At about 1am as the bass was reaching a crescendo, the lighting rig seemed to kick off in our direction, with beams bursting through the gaps in the blackout curtains. I got up to take a look out, half expecting to be brought back to some late teens first holiday without parents in Gran Canaria or a Berlin underground rave, only to find a middle aged couple alone in the entire pool area, quietly sipping their drinks, as clearly a conversation would have been easier for them by text or email.

It finally seemed to end at 1.14am but then started again at1.23. I dozed off about 2.30.
Woke at 5am, though the wake up call never came. I figured the taxi 'booked' for 5.30 was probably in a similar limbo, stuck forever as a scribble on a post it, so I headed to reception at 5.20. No taxi, but the bell boy had no problem getting one in 2 mins.

It's slightly mystifying why a luxury brand, business hotel would have a poolside outdoor DJ going so loud and so late on a Monday night... Especially when the hotel has an indoor rots bar one floor under it. It really was bizarre, considering a DJ was allowed to play to no crowd, but instead disturb hotel guest and no doubt residents nearby. Don't get me wrong, I love a good loud boogie, but usually at 5pm in an Austrian après minbar or on a Saturday night in a city club. Not on a Tuesday morning at 1am courtesy of the business hotel I'm in.

Room Tip: Higher floor, not overlooking the pool
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

I do apologize that we were not able to accomplish your expectation of service and product this time and I have made note of all the particular areas you felt that we have room to improve. I have well noted all your constructive comments and I already took all of them up with my team to make instant improvements

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Lobby and staff: perfectly lovely.

Rooms: tired, dated, worn.

Noisy pool bar pumping music late into the night on a Thursday night.

Not many restaurants/bars in the locale.

Its fine: but not sublime and not 5 star.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple