“Good Place”
Review of Larsa Hotel

Larsa Hotel
Ranked #28 of 151 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed 24 November 2013

It is a place with full value for money. Located a little far from downtown but easy transport is available. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Good Customer service. The buffet breakfast was amazing. Was a good experience staying here.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 November 2013

A nice hotel, but in the middle of nowhere. The rooms were adequate and breakfast was fine. The lobby area was small, but there were several lounge areas that were nice, especially one outside the dinning room.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DaiWeiShi
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by larsa. This was the first hotel we stayed at in jordan and stayed for two nights. The rooms are nice, spacious, comfortable, clean especially for how reasonable the price was (about £20 a night).

Customer service was excellent! They gave us the information we needed, arranged taxis, and were very helpful. We arranged to leave early in the morning for petra, one of the staff came and asked me if we would like (free)breakfast boxes packed for us as we would miss the breakfast buffet. We really appreciated this!

The only negative thing was the drinks prices were high. The breakfast buffet was good for the price but nothing extraordinary.

On the whole a great experience thanks to the lovely staff!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TEEDI
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in total , the first time when we arrived very late after 1am, we were given a room with 3 beds ,no room for our luggage , and we were a couple, why a family room? The room was so noisy , traffic awful .The bathroom had no blind so goodness knows who could see us , a huge building opposite? The staff this time were friendly enough . The food was Ok , not a big choice The room appeared clean enough.but needs to a bit of freshening up especially the bathroom.
The second time we arrived, at about 3.30pm, we were told to sit and wait , no explanation? We had to go and ask to see what was happening ,we were told they had had a flood , but I suspect they didnt have a room for us. He eventually said he would be taking us to a upgraded hotel, this was about 4pm. We wanted to go to a hotel which we knew but he said it was better than the Amman International , ( how wrong was I ). The staff member was so miserable , no smiles, and seemed to speak to my husband not acknowledging I was there. We had wasted an hour of our precious time , waiting. I wouldnt recommend this hotel, cheap and cheerful.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the main road very important , otherwise you will be so tired.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sagittarius54
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I honestly do not know where to begin. I had a layover in Amman overnight and thought the price was reasonable. Little did I know this would turn out to be one of the worst nights of my life. The guy at reception was hands down the rudest person I have ever come across- I had quite a bit of luggage on me and he would not let me take it all up to my room! After arguing for nearly an hour (mind you I had only planned on staying at the hotel for 10 hours) I finally got up to my room. I go in to take a hot shower before I sleep, to find the shower CLOGGED with loads and loads of hair! I called reception - no help on their part as expected - so I unclogged the hair with a few tissues on my own. I head to bed only to find blood stains on the sheets and a cockroach right under the pillow! An absolute nightmare. I couldnt stay an extra minute and headed over to the airport hotel. Never again.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We thought this place was good, not too expensive, the rooms were clean, we had no water problems and the desk staff were very helpful. Wifi worked fine and it is within easy taxi ride of central Amman. The restaurant was not so great, with poorly trained waiters, but breakfast was better as this was a nice buffet. We left a couple of things in rooms by mistake and they were not returned, which was annoying, but security otherwise seemed fine.
Everyone in commerce here is out to make a buck so be ready to bargain hard, it can be off-putting and I doubt you ever really win but there we are, I even got charged an extra GBP 20 for paying by credit card for our visas, go figure! That was # 1 Jordanian transaction, the second was getting short changed at the airport Starbucks, which i saw happening and challenged at once, getting it put right.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I've recently been to Jordan, and spent the first 2 nights at Larsa hotel while in Amman. We had 3 rooms, and we got an upgrade to one of them. My room was OK. Clean, big bed but nothing special. However, good value for money. They only downside was probably the bathroom. The shower wasn't great, and the water pressure wasn't amazing...but, given the fact that Jordan lacks of water,..I didn't feel like complaining! Really good breakfast!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family