“A nice little hotel”
Review of Larsa Hotel

Larsa Hotel
Ranked #28 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was the first hotel we stayed in during our trip to Jordan. Reception staff always very helpful. Handy little supermarket within walking distance. You are reliant on taxis if staying at this hotel but they are plentiful and very cheap. Door man was very helpful in helping us locate a taxi in the evening, usually they are parked outside the hotel but on this evening there was a football match on TV and the whole of Amman appeared to come to a standstill while everyone watched the match - but not a problem.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel is in the outskirt of Amman where in general public transports are not good so you will rely on taxis (which are everywhere). The facilities are ok for a 3 star hotel including a fresh swimming pool. Breakfast buffet is fine as well as the rooms decor. Overall a good quality/price in a town where accommodation are surprisingly expensive.

Room Tip: Lower floors rooms are quieter from the AC units and muslim early morning prayers.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed here at the beginning and end of our tour in Jordan. It's a 3 star hotel but punches way above just 3 stars. Lovely rooms, clean and fantastic staff.
We asked where we could get just a snack meal as we didn't fancy another full buffet. We were driven to the Mall, the driver made sure we were safely across the road and happy with the service in the pizza place - and we just called the hotel and they came and fetched us. All done for no charge and a big smile.
Lovely people, would definitely stay again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LFHbod
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel from 27 May 2014 - 20 May 2014. The room was very cosy and clean. Same for bathroom. Free wifi is also available.
My room was very close to the dining hall, and even with the window closed, i was woken up every morning at 6 am to the clutter of dishes. I didn't mind that too much as it served as my alarm clock, so to speak.

I was however shocked and disappointed by the visitor policy. I discovered within 10 minutes of my stay, that guests are NOT allowed into the room. I discovered that through a telephone call from reception, informing me that my "guest" was not allowed to be in my room, especially since it was a female!!! apparently this rule applies to all hotels in amman, unless its a 5 Star hotel....... I did manage to speak to the hotel manager and sort the situation out, but surely this should be stated more clearly, somewhere when making the reservation, so that foreigners such as myself know what to expect....

Other than that, the hotel is wonderful. Staff are Helpful.... location is nice, very close to the city Mall.... all in all, i was satisifed

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Riyad K
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Larsa Hotel is a good quality hotel, and relatively cheap if you are on a budget. Staff were exceptionally friendly (from the reception desk to the cleaners).
Hotel is quite some distance from the big hotels and the historic centre, but taxis are readily available and are cheap.
Breakfast is ok, its basic, but plentiful and fresh. No live cooking stations for egg orders. Be aware that smoking is rife in Amman, and there were people smoking at tables in the breakfast room.
I was given a corner room on the fourth floor. Very large room, with a seating area. Bed was huge and very comfortable. The mosque nearby was quite loud, and did wake me a couple of times during my stay (even with the windows closed) - but you are in a mainly muslim country.
Free wifi at the hotel, which was of adequate speed.
Overall, I would stay again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Al1970
Reviewed 22 May 2014

A very very very cosy and nice hotel. The stuff is really helpful and know what they do. It is really a nice hotel to stya with friends; family or even "solo". I'm quite often visiting Amman in business and that's why all the time trying to stay at this hotel. Do love it.

Room Tip: all the rooms are in quite good location.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Larsa hotel.
The hotel itself is wonderful and if you're with a car (just like us) it is located convenient in the outskirts of the city, so you don't have to drive by yourself in downtown Amman.
The staff is very helpful and they can arrange a taxi for you to downtowm Amman for 5 Dinar (so you won't be paying too much for this).
The hotel is located just one block from road 35, which is the road to Jerash and the other sites in northern Jordan as well as to the Kings highway and Dead sea.

The rooms are clean and the bathroom is capacious, only the shower itself is small.
The breakfast and dinner are very good and there is plenty of choice. Both breakfast and dinner are buffet, but if you want, you can also eat a la carte.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple