“good”
Review of Larsa Hotel

Larsa Hotel
Ranked #29 of 149 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed 25 June 2014

we were a group of 10 people with a baby; the staff was very friendly and they helped us alot.
the breakfast is not that special, I've had better, but it's ok.
the rooms are big and cozy with 2 or 3 beds, a tv, a closet, a desk and a table. they got us a water boiler with coffee and tea as soon as we got our room.
we did not have any problem here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights (couldnt wait enough to leave) too bad our reservations was non-refundable. Our AC in our first room wasnt working and we got the run around took about 6-8 complaint before they decided they are going to give us another room, after they switch our room the next morning we go a call from the front desk stating that we are being transfer to another room because the room that we are currently is booked. The front desk sucks/not efficient and doesnt really know what is going on. For example the day we are going to petra they made our driver and us wait for each other (mind you the driver was on the lobby waiting and so did us) 20min wait for no reason because the front desk did not do there job and failed to connect us with our driver. Talk about getting taxi, we waited multiple times for the hotel taxi was told 5 min but then 20-25 min then nothing and being ignored by the doorman when we ask question, we are forced to hail our own taxi. This hotel is in the outskirt of town, in my opinion not worth the hassel. The only thing that is posivite about this hotel is the huge room but AC not working. Avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid room 316 AC is not working, just blowing hot air. Room 413 is very good and large, as well as...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was the first hotel we stayed in during our trip to Jordan. Reception staff always very helpful. Handy little supermarket within walking distance. You are reliant on taxis if staying at this hotel but they are plentiful and very cheap. Door man was very helpful in helping us locate a taxi in the evening, usually they are parked outside the hotel but on this evening there was a football match on TV and the whole of Amman appeared to come to a standstill while everyone watched the match - but not a problem.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel is in the outskirt of Amman where in general public transports are not good so you will rely on taxis (which are everywhere). The facilities are ok for a 3 star hotel including a fresh swimming pool. Breakfast buffet is fine as well as the rooms decor. Overall a good quality/price in a town where accommodation are surprisingly expensive.

Room Tip: Lower floors rooms are quieter from the AC units and muslim early morning prayers.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed here at the beginning and end of our tour in Jordan. It's a 3 star hotel but punches way above just 3 stars. Lovely rooms, clean and fantastic staff.
We asked where we could get just a snack meal as we didn't fancy another full buffet. We were driven to the Mall, the driver made sure we were safely across the road and happy with the service in the pizza place - and we just called the hotel and they came and fetched us. All done for no charge and a big smile.
Lovely people, would definitely stay again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LFHbod
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel from 27 May 2014 - 20 May 2014. The room was very cosy and clean. Same for bathroom. Free wifi is also available.
My room was very close to the dining hall, and even with the window closed, i was woken up every morning at 6 am to the clutter of dishes. I didn't mind that too much as it served as my alarm clock, so to speak.

I was however shocked and disappointed by the visitor policy. I discovered within 10 minutes of my stay, that guests are NOT allowed into the room. I discovered that through a telephone call from reception, informing me that my "guest" was not allowed to be in my room, especially since it was a female!!! apparently this rule applies to all hotels in amman, unless its a 5 Star hotel....... I did manage to speak to the hotel manager and sort the situation out, but surely this should be stated more clearly, somewhere when making the reservation, so that foreigners such as myself know what to expect....

Other than that, the hotel is wonderful. Staff are Helpful.... location is nice, very close to the city Mall.... all in all, i was satisifed

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Riyad K
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Larsa Hotel is a good quality hotel, and relatively cheap if you are on a budget. Staff were exceptionally friendly (from the reception desk to the cleaners).
Hotel is quite some distance from the big hotels and the historic centre, but taxis are readily available and are cheap.
Breakfast is ok, its basic, but plentiful and fresh. No live cooking stations for egg orders. Be aware that smoking is rife in Amman, and there were people smoking at tables in the breakfast room.
I was given a corner room on the fourth floor. Very large room, with a seating area. Bed was huge and very comfortable. The mosque nearby was quite loud, and did wake me a couple of times during my stay (even with the windows closed) - but you are in a mainly muslim country.
Free wifi at the hotel, which was of adequate speed.
Overall, I would stay again