“Standard anodine 4-star hotel”

Amman Airport Hotel
Ranked #101 of 144 Hotels in Amman
Corbera de Llobregat, Spain
“Standard anodine 4-star hotel”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We had booked this hotel because our flight was scheduled to arrive at 21h30 and thus we preferred to take our hire car the morning after. The shuttle bus to the hotel kept us waiting half an hour at the airport on arrival, for a 3Km distance, and on departure the driver was unable to understand that we wanted to descend at the arrivals terminal to collect our car and instead he left us in the departures area. You may be thinking that the bus is not the hotel, but the service at the hotel was not better. The facilities are in line with what you may expect from a 4-star but that's all. The breakfast is nothing to write home about. The personnel ... well, we had a bad moment when they wanted to charge us for I-don't-remember-what from the mini-bar that we had actually not consumed. I found that really insulting. I never hide anything similar because I was educated to pay for my expenses. How can that people believe that you pay 500€ for the plane ticket and 100+€ for the room and then you want to cheat a couple of euros of a damned snack? Really unwise and reason enough to avoid that hotel if any new opportunity arises.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Azzam A, Managing Director at Amman Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear Guest,

We are disappointed to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. We would like to offer our apologies for us not being able to meet your expectations, as this is not the level of service we are known for providing.
I would appreciate you contacting me on my email below in order to better understand your disappointments.
I look forward to hearing from you soon. Again, please accept our sincere apologies

Motel Management Team
ayasin@ammanairporthotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Thumbs up for the former Golden Tulip except for the evening buffet. Royal Jordanian Airlines changed my flight itinerary and offered me a stay for free because of the inconvenience. This isn't a shining star, but the staff were very nice, and the bellhop gave me a complete rundown of everything I needed to know. Because of its location -- basically isolated on the access road to the airport -- your only real choice for dinner is the hotel restaurant. The buffet was very standard, though I saw a menu in my room later and came away thinking I should have ordered off the menu instead. The bed was comfortable, but the air conditioning needed a lower setting, I think. Their idea of a "low" fan setting was still pretty hefty -- although, to be fair, this IS the Middle East in summer. The breakfast buffet was better, though no scrambled eggs. When I didn't see any orange juice, I asked an attendant to bring me a glass. It took about 10 minutes, which annoyed me for a moment until I realized it was freshly squeezed! One last note: In my room (and probably others), there are no glass doors that close. There is one pane of glass, but the open space means you need to take extra care in pointing the hand-held shower head. Overall, not excellent, but very good!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank wkyken
Azzam A, Managing Director at Amman Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 14 September 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your time and patience in writing this detailed and insightful feedback on the tripadvisor forum. It gives us immense pleasure to know that you had a good stay this visit. We have shared your review with the team at the hotel and they are delighted to know that you found the service up to your expectations. We have reviewed your comments with the team at the hotel and we are already in the process of refurbishing certain areas for a better guest experience. We hope to welcome you back at Amman Airport Hotel soon.

Bethlehem, Palestinian Territories
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Clean room, nice furniture and very comfortable bed. Everyone was very friendly and courteous. WIFI is totally free and you just need to get a different login information after each 10-hour usage. At check-in, I was served with a glass of orange juice. Shortly after I settled in the room, the room service brought in a plate of fresh fruit. Inside the room, there are many tea bags and coffee for you to enjoy. I especially liked the oversized mug. The shuttle was great. When I had to go to the post office at the airport, the hotel arranged the shuttle for me to and from the airport. The lobby has many sofa to rest on and wait around until time to go to the airport. The sandwich at the cafe and deli in the lobby was very nice. The complimentary breakfast offers freshly made omelet with variety of fillings. The lady chef made the best omelet I have ever had. The bathroom provides all the traditional small sized soap, shampoo, bath gels, and body lotions that will get thrown away after just one night use. Therefore, in order to be environment-friendly, I suggest the hotel changes to a type of dispensing method like those in Japanese hotels. Overall, this is a nice place for a comfortable transit night.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Jessie C
Azzam A, Managing Director at Amman Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a warm and kind review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay so much. Your recognition is very important to us and we are glad that we met your expectations.
We look forward to welcome you back in Amman Airport Hotel in the nearest future.

Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I had to spend a transit night at the hotel, while i was on my way from Frankfurt to New York.
I gotta say it was one of the best transit nights i've ever experienced. The room was comfortable, the food was great and above all the room service, receptionists.staff and management

Speaking of perfect customer service and professionalism, Jamal who was one of the receptionists staff, knows how to treat a customer with hospitality, professionalism and respect, he's a great image to the hotel and his colleagues, bottom of the line that gentleman knows what is the meaning of "Great Customer Service"

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank MY0ussef
Azzam A, Managing Director at Amman Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Amman Airport Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your time and that your stay was pleasant. Also very happy to hear that our team managed to make you feel special. We have shared your most kind comments with the rest of the team, as there is no better motivation than praise for a "job well done. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back with us soon.

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Watch well your personal things when you are using the swimming pool. There are thieves who are waiting to stole them even if it was a pair of shoes!!!! Imagine that!!!! That is what happened with me, and the pool manager (as he introduced him self) Ahmed Alkurdi answered me that seems a guest toke them by mistake!!!!!!! And in that time - it was around 6:30 pm - there wasn't any guests at all in pool area except some employees were preparing tables for dinner around the pool..!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jordanheart
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience at Amman Airport Hotel. We would like to offer our apologies for the missteps you encountered at our hotel, as this is not the level of service we are known for providing. We have addressed all the issues with the relevant departments in order to prevent any reoccurrence in the future. Should you wish to discuss your concerns in more detail, please don’t hesitate to contact me at ayasin@ammanairporthotel.com. We truly hope that your recent unfortunate experience with us will not deter you from staying with us in the future in order to demonstrate to you the improvements we have made as a result of your valuable comments

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The staff and management make every effort to rip you off! You have to pay big amount of money for even the littlest thing! Even wifi is 8 dollars per two hours!!

I couldn't even rest in the room because I had a dear friend in Amman that wanted to visit me for a few hours but they didn't let him in. So, we ended up spending the whole night in the parking lot! We tried talking to people in charge but they said my friend will have to pay more than a 100 usd (after a 50% discount!) in order for him to spend a few hours in the room with me!

The rooms and the food court were wayyy below average for the price they charge, I wouldn't call it a four-star hotel as they claim to be! Overall, it was a bad experience and I will make the journey into the city next time to get a much better service & room for much much less!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience at Amman Airport Hotel. We apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay at our hotel, as this is not the level of service we are known for providing. And please accept our apologies in regards to your friend visit from Amman. we have addressed all the issues with the relevant departments in order to prevent any reoccurrence in the future. We sincerely hope that this experience will not discourage you from staying with us in the near future, in order to demonstrate to you the improvements we have made as a result of your valuable comments. Should you wish to discuss your concerns in more detail, please don’t hesitate to contact me at ayasin@ammanairporthotel.com.

Hotel Management Team

Travellers are raving about these Amman hotels

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We have been given this hotel by Royal Jordanian Airlines due to delayed flight by about nine hours. The hotel is 3 min drive away from the airport. The service was simple, but efficient. The lunch was fine - nothing special.
The rooms are simple. The hotel gave us one free international call, but did charge us for WIFI access.
Anyway, much better than sitting in the airport for nine hours!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Azzam A, Managing Director at Amman Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback as it offers us an opportunity to improve our service delivery.
We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.Your kind words are much appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel Management Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amman
Mosaic City Hotel
#6 of 12 in Madaba
Saint John Hotel
Saint John Hotel
#5 of 12 in Madaba

Been to Amman Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!