All reviews hot water downtown area petra and wadi rum hummus walking distance rental car night stay roman amphitheater rainbow street hotel is located jordan wifi souq cleanliness
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel is easy to find, situated quite centrally in downtown area so easy to walk everywhere in downtown. We had a rental car and was able to park it in the parking lot beside the hotel Although we had to pay. There was street parking available but only from 6pm-8am the next day.

The people working at the hotel were friendly and gave us some great advice. They had movies on every night downstairs in the lobby and was easy to just chill out. The wifi was a little bit slow at times but we were able to access it from upstairs in our rooms.

The rooms were quite bland, clean and did have air conditioning. The bathrooms were questionable, weren’t very clean at all, did require updating as toilets were stained and as well the shower floor had rusted in some areas. The water system was powered by solar water, we grew accustom to cold showers.

The breakfast was pretty good, contained bread, falafels, hummus, jam, butter and Jordanian sweets etc. :)

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scarlett_May
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Farah hotel definetly expresses the hospitality of Jordanian population .
The people that work in farah hotel are very nice and helpful in giving tips on the city and more.
The hotel is clean , serves good breakfast and it is well located. Of course it is not luxury but it gives you all you need for a good price. Highly suggested!!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank fede1987
Reviewed 2 January 2018

As I tend to stay in 5 or minimum 4 star hotels during my holidays I was very curious about the Farah hotel. I chose it because I intended to stay two "half-nights" and therefore decided to save the money and spend it for other tourists attractions throughout my stay in Jordan. The hotel also offered a reasonable price for the airport transfer - 25JD.

First great impression was the Email contact before my arrival. My Emails have been answered swiftly and in a friendly manner. During the check-in and the 2-night stay I have been helped by several staff members - all of them very friendly, polite and helpful and all speaking good English.
The room was veeery simple, but clean and offered just enough comfort for its price. I appreciated the many blankets provided in case the December night were too cold for the guests.
The breakfast was also very simple but fresh and delicious.
The hotel is located right in the downtown next to many tourist attractions.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank HanaMagdalena
Reviewed 26 December 2017

The hotel is super centric, walking distance of all the Amman tourist areas, and places to visit. It has a parking (doesn't belong to the hotel) next to it, so very convenient to leave the car if you rented one.

Very nice breakfast included, and they have a great staff and organised tours.

However, The rooms need a big change (basic creaky beds) and the toilets, need a big improvement (at least bleach them and put a courtain or something for the shower). The rooftop where you are supposed to go and enjoy the view is packed with solar panels and stuff which makes quite complicated to find a free spot to stay.

It is cheap, centric and you have breakfast and wifi, and that's what you pay for, but it could be better with a minimum investment.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I did a private tour of the desert castles through Farah Hotel, even though I wasn't staying there. I was in Jordan staying with some friends who are expats living and working in Amman, but had a day to myself for a short trip. They quickly organised it for me and gave a competitive price (I contacted 2 other drivers and their price was the best). Ali, my driver, had great English and was super friendly.

Date of stay: November 2017