“Don't believe all the negativity on Tripadvisor”
Review of O Beach

O Beach
N Yorks, UK
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Don't believe all the negativity on Tripadvisor”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was almost put off going to Oh Beach (yes, it has an 'h') by all the negative reviews here, and almost went back to Amman Beach Resort. But we did try it and are glad we did. Just to address some of the negative comments: COSTS: We chose to only pay 25JD each to get in - you can pay 40 with the buffet lunch, but if you have a car you can drive 2 miles to the mall where there are several nice eateries (Oh Beach were quite happy to let us in again on our return). Towels are 3JD with a 7JD deposit, so take your own. Security will check you for snacks and bottled water, but they didn't seem too bothered by our large bag of crisps and large bottled water. COURTESY: we had no problems at the gate security, reception, valet parking or poolside. MUSIC: yes, they played loud music, but it wasn't really all that loud, and it was down at the bar end - you can easily find quieter spot where you can hardly hear it. BEACH: non-existent: a fairly tatty strip about 3 feet wide, then stones into the water, but they have put out a jerry into the water and it's fine (Amman Beach really does have a good beach, if that matters to you). CONDITION: generally very well appointed and comfortable; everything was clean etc. Just the usual things you would expect to find in a developing country, like the odd missing tile - certainly nothing to get exercised about. **UPSIDES** include spaciousness; great pools; lots of different places to sit, some of which are quite secluded or quiet; some sunloungers are in the shallow parts of the pool; nice landscaping and flowers (and birds); great views; guys who will bring you a sunshade; valet parking (they even - unasked - took the bottle of water out of our car, kept it in the fridge for us, and put it back in lovely and cold when they brought the car back round); they open at 11am & don't close till 7, so you can have a good long day there. The few **DOWNSIDES** are: (1) lack of beach, and the fact that the jetty area would be impossibly crowded on a busy day; (2) it's a fairly large resort, so if you were there on a busy day (we weren't) it would be really frenetic and less pleasant (3) the wooden decking which leads down to the beach gets *insanely* hot underfoot - literally agonising - but there are no warnings at the top to wear shoes/sandals (wear shoes/sandals!). Don't be put off - give it a try.

4 Thank Keldale

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bath
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Good beach just a bit lacking in atmosphere”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My friend and I really enjoyed our day at O Beach and I would probably go again but there were a few issues.
The pools themselves are really nice although parts of the site feel a bit run down. One of the pools was out of use because there was 'too much chlorine' in it which was shame because it meant that the place felt very empty.
The beach area is small but pleasant enough. The mud is free unlike at Amman Beach but we were told off by the lifeguard for using too much because he said he couldn't be bothered to have to go and get more. I found this a bit rude to say the least especially as we really weren't using that much in comparison to others around us and to be honest that is his job!
Lunch was pretty good and the salads were fresh and tasty.
I had heard rumours from friends in Amman that they had lost their alcohol license but I didn't really believe it until we actually got there. It wasn't a big deal but it would have been nice to have a cold beer at lunch. I think maybe this is why the place felt a bit odd because you can tell that it was designed for pool parties.
I would probably go back again if I just wanted a day pass to the dead sea and was with people who didn't mind the lack of alcohol.
Other than the lifeguard the service was.
Entry: 25 JD
Lunch: 15 JD
Towel: 10 JD (7 of this is a deposit which you get back at the end of the day)
Locker: 10 JD (as above)

1 Thank orangesky1
Bishop Auckland, United Kingdom
“OK but only if you have an empty head.”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The Dead Sea is brilliant, and a major part of the attraction is its silence. The Oh resort is beautifully presented. It doesn't just have a beach but a beautiful pool and lots of sun loungers and quite a bit of shade. But my experience of it all was ruined utterly by the loud, intrusive music put out by speakers only about five yards apart. It was too loud to have a conversation, by far. So I asked the barman if it could be turned down. He turned it down, but not many minutes later it was back up to its former level. A little later I asked a manager if it could be turned down. It was, but not for long. Eventually I found a quiet corner right over to one side - about a hundred yards away.

Mid afternoon we ordered some food - chicken and chips for two. The barman brought us one plateful, then another when we complained.

I won't go to this place again and would say it is DEFINITELY not for anyone who likes to have a conversation with loved ones. It's the kind of place you only go to if your head is so empty that it needs thudding disco music to fill it up.

Oh by the way - I paid about £70 for the three of us to go in, so you can imagine that I am not best pleased.

London, England, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Perfect spot to enjoy the Dead Sea”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My boyfriend and I went as part of a tour organised by our hotel (the amazing Evason Ma'in Hot Springs Resort & Six Senses Spa) and loved it. It was almost completely empty making us feel like we had our own luxury beach club with infinity pools and access to the Dead Sea. They have placed sandbags down so you can easily get in and out of the Sea without worrying about hurting your feet on the salt encrusted rocks and have plenty of showers to help you feel fresh again. Make sure you cover yourself in the mud they have available and let it set in the sun before washing off in the sea, it makes your skin feel lovely and soft!

Visited March 2014
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“If You Want to be Insulted, Come to O Beach!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Yes, the place is new, the site is ideal, the amenities are good, the food is okay.
HOWEVER, the service is horrible. It was so bad I decided to bring this issue up at the reception.
One waiter told me to go to the smoking section (despite my request for the non-smoking section as soon as I was ushered in the dining area) while I was eating. What is more, he insultingly asked for my ticket or stub right in the middle of all the diners when I had already shown it at the entrance. It was an absolutely embarrassing experience for me. I felt discriminated. I still remember the name of that rude waiter. Some of the the staff seriously need customer service orientation. It was the last part of my travel in Jordan, an memorable albeit infuriating ending to an adventurous trip last October 2013.

Visited October 2013