“Very enjoyable stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jerash
Hadrian's Gate Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Jerash B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 February 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night while we visited the Roman ruins. The owner and his son were very welcoming, accommodating and very helpful. Our room was really nice, and just what we needed. The breakfast was good and overall I enjoyed staying here. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nicole H

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Excellent small hotel in superb location directly overlooking Hadrian's Gate at Jerash.Warm and welcoming father and son hosts,originally from Yemen.Ismail and Walid Yemani can't do enough to make your stay a success,including the best advice on local side trips(eg how to get to Ajloun by public transport;negotiating kerbside the best taxi price for me to Karak).Free Arab coffee or tea any time of the day or night;out on the sunny terrace overlooking Hadrian's Gate-just perfect.Very economical and immaculately clean and quiet room.
How's this for hospitality and overwhelming kindness:when I fell ill with the flu,Ismail refused to accept any payment for my 'extra' night and even offered me an unlimited free stay until I recovered!I even enjoyed the crazy pre-election carnival next door.Don't miss staying here!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Terry M
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Hadrian’s Gate hotel. We were a family group comprising grandparents, parents and a 2 year old. Walid and his father, Ismail were extremely kind and thoughtful. The location is terrific and the front and roof terraces have splendid views of the old city. We also enjoyed Walid’s recommendation about the local small cafes.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank BarbaraJH H
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We booked this hotel on a whim to fill in our last day in Jordan seeing Jaresh. What a fantastic location providing stunning views of the Hadrian's Gate and the expanse of the ruins at Jaresh.
We had top floor room with en suite. Walid the owner was fantastic and made such an effort to make us welcome. The room was clean and comfortable with new bedding including memory pillows! The en suite shower was hot and clean and the hairdryer, unlike most hotel ones, worked! The water pressure is a problem so don't expect a power shower!
We found local food venues just down the road and enjoyed freshly cooked falafel and cakes.
This was the perfect stay after the long drive up from Aqaba.

Room Tip: For us it was worth paying the extra to have en suite.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tony B
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Stayed here a few days ago while visiting Jerash with my parents. On the previous visit we stayed in Amman and Irbid but I wanted to save time and didn't think I easily would get hold of a hotel at this standard and price in either of these cities. Since the price was half of the hotels we usually stayed at it was worth the risk.

The hotel corresponded to what most reviews says, good value for money at an excellent location, with extremely friendly staff. We had no complaints what so ever. I will recommend this hotel to all friends visiting us in Jordan.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Freja A
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I thought staying one night in Jerash to have more time to cover the ruins would be a good idea so i decided to stay in Hadrian's Gate Hotel following the recommendation of Lonely Planet, certainly was a good idea. As stated in Lonely Planet, Walid is one of the best host I've ever had and made my stay excellent. The hotel is very very clean, bathroom, towels, mattresses all brand new and perfect location just in from of the Jerash ruins. Stay in Hadrian's Gate and you will fell the true arab hospitality!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Cristiangq1
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Walid and Ismayel are among the kindest people I have met. Super helpful about what to see, where to eat and where to go after Jerash. They were very open and chatted about themselves too. The rooms were very nice and the place was very clean.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jerash
Art Hotel Downtown
Mountain Breeze Resort
#1 of 2 in Al Salt
The Olive Branch Hotel
Movenpick Resort & Spa Dead Sea

Been to Hadrian's Gate Hotel? Share your experiences!