Hadrian's Gate Hotel
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe ownerhis sonperfect locationroman ruinsacross the streetlebanese housedown the roadbreadtop floorvisiting jerashrooftop roomroom was spotlesstriple roomwatching the sun go downhuge balconya lovely family run hotellower price
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My daughter and I stayed as guests of Walid and his father for three nights and we cannot speak more highly of both them and their small family hotel. All the positive comments written by previous travelers are true and this hotel made our introduction to Jordan a very positive experience.

If you are using Lonely Planet Guide, the information about the bathrooms is incorrect. Two rooms have an internal ensuite bathroom, another has an attached bathroom, and two others share a bathroom (or a family may choose the use the two bedrooms with bathroom.)

Thank you to our hosts.

Room Tip: We hade a triple room with ensuite facing to the rear. Nice ""rural" sounds and little road noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank NapierAro
Reviewed 20 February 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night while we visited the Roman ruins. The owner and his son were very welcoming, accommodating and very helpful. Our room was really nice, and just what we needed. The breakfast was good and overall I enjoyed staying here. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nicole H
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Excellent small hotel in superb location directly overlooking Hadrian's Gate at Jerash.Warm and welcoming father and son hosts,originally from Yemen.Ismail and Walid Yemani can't do enough to make your stay a success,including the best advice on local side trips(eg how to get to Ajloun by public transport;negotiating kerbside the best taxi price for me to Karak).Free Arab coffee or tea any time of the day or night;out on the sunny terrace overlooking Hadrian's Gate-just perfect.Very economical and immaculately clean and quiet room.
How's this for hospitality and overwhelming kindness:when I fell ill with the flu,Ismail refused to accept any payment for my 'extra' night and even offered me an unlimited free stay until I recovered!I even enjoyed the crazy pre-election carnival next door.Don't miss staying here!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Terry M
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Hadrian’s Gate hotel. We were a family group comprising grandparents, parents and a 2 year old. Walid and his father, Ismail were extremely kind and thoughtful. The location is terrific and the front and roof terraces have splendid views of the old city. We also enjoyed Walid’s recommendation about the local small cafes.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank BarbaraJH H
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We booked this hotel on a whim to fill in our last day in Jordan seeing Jaresh. What a fantastic location providing stunning views of the Hadrian's Gate and the expanse of the ruins at Jaresh.
We had top floor room with en suite. Walid the owner was fantastic and made such an effort to make us welcome. The room was clean and comfortable with new bedding including memory pillows! The en suite shower was hot and clean and the hairdryer, unlike most hotel ones, worked! The water pressure is a problem so don't expect a power shower!
We found local food venues just down the road and enjoyed freshly cooked falafel and cakes.
This was the perfect stay after the long drive up from Aqaba.

Room Tip: For us it was worth paying the extra to have en suite.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple