“Comfortable stay”

and 1 more site!
Mariam Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Madaba
Reviewed 4 February 2009

Since this was my first trip to Jordan and I was arriving at night (landing in Amman), its was good to have a hotel that would make arrangements to pick me up at the airport, given how far Madaba is from Amman. As the first stop on my first night in Jordan, the Mariam was a welcome site.
I had a clean, comfortable room on the second floor overlooking the pool. Also, importantly , it was quiet, which I really need for sleeping soundly. The proprietor, who seemed to be always at the front desk, was very helpful in advising on places to eat and sites to see. He also arranged for the bus to pick me up at the hotel when I was leaving Madaba.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank Traipserod

Reviewed 19 January 2009

On the recommendation of people we met on our trip we booked a room at the Mariam Hotel in Madaba. We had an excellent experience there. The hotel is clean and well cared for. The staff is VERY helpful and friendly. We needed a driver and they found us one. We asked for breakfast early on our check out day and it was cheerfully provided. We received great recommendations for everything from places to eat, to places to shop as well as places that we should visit. In addition, the hotel is not far from Amman, Mt. Nebo and the Dead Sea. I can recommend this hotel enthusiastically and without reservation! Enjoy your stay - we did!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank hmabsg
Reviewed 9 January 2009

This is a good hotel in Madaba. We went there on the basis of the recommendation of the Rough Guide. While it a little too much hyped there, it is a good hotel, especially in terms of the relationship price-quality, elsewhere, we paid at least double for a similar standard. The rooms are good size, but the building construction makes you hear the noise from the corridor and other rooms. It's a ten minute walk to the town centre. While Madaba should not replace Amman as a place to stay in Jordan, it's been useful to explore the Dead Sea, Mt. Nebo and the King's Highway.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karabiber
Reviewed 2 January 2009

What a pleasant experience.Everything was exactly as displayed on the website.Once we decided what sites we wanted to visit the hotel staff arranged transport, informed the driver of the route and us about the price.No haggling with drivers at the destination.Friendly and helpful staff, always making sure we had our passports with us whenever we left the hotel.Very central hotel, we could walk all over town and was given a map with clear markings to all the attractions in town.Nothing was to much trouble for them.Room was clean, comfortable with lovely view over the town.Best stay of our 3 week holiday in Egypt and Jordan.
Charles and Danielle
South Africa

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dixi2008
Reviewed 30 December 2008

This hotel is perfect for who is looking for a clean and comfortable accomodation (with the pool too) at a medium price.
Simply perfect!

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 25 December 2008

This was the best hotel and the cheapest price that I stayed during my entire 2 month trip. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were immaculate. It was a 4-star experience for the price of a one-star. The staff also helped me arrange a vehicle to drive to the Dead Sea and spend the day. I highly recommend this place to everyone!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank TeresatheTraveler
Reviewed 22 December 2008

After a horrible night's stay in Amman in March 2008 I consulted my lonely planet guide for an escape and called up the Mariam Hotel, which was recommended by the guide book. They confirmed availability and short notice and organized a driver to pick me up in Amman the next morning and take me to Jarash, then Madaba, at a more reasonable rate than the driver of the Toledo Hotel in Amman.

The room was VERY NICE for the price and spotless clean, with satelite TV etc. The atmosphere in the hotel is relaxed, friendly, welcoming and unpretentious. It has a poolside restaurant that serves very decent food and where I could sit and enjoy a quiet meal with glass of wine by myself without feeling weird - which is a luxury in Jordan, believe me. Free internet is available (although often occupied) and the owner is always happy to give advice and pointers. My room was on the third floor I think and there is no lift obviously but lots of eager hands to help you carry your suitcase.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone - don't stay anywhere else'!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled solo