All reviews dead sea nice hotel enjoyed our stay two nights low season taxi driver centre of town reception area abu amman airport jordan privacy furniture trips transportation
Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

Clean and conveniently located next to the city centre (10 minute walk) this hotel does have some charm about it.

The only bad thing was they were short staffed during my stay and it did show with one person running around to ensure the breakfast bar was stocked and then later at the pool side the same person the only one we could get to serve us as although there is a bar here, no one mans the bar and there are no waitresses.

They were efficient with laundering service which I needed done by the afternoon. The FOM at the time was juggling to run the entire hotel it seemed but she did manage efficiently although I could see the pressure she was under.

Wifi signal could be improved in all parts of the hotel.

I'm sure that with their staff ceiling sorted, they could easily impress people as they did try their best with what they had during my stay.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Jacquie S
Reviewed 16 February 2016

The hotel is OK and offered decent rooms with clean beds. However it feels very dated and should get a full renovation and new furniture.

Breakfast was served as 'a la carte' with three choices (Continental, Arab, American) and was very tasty and had a good size of the portion! It looked like breakfast is served as buffet usually during busier times but when we travelled (Feb 2016) it was very low season.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2016

Grand Hotel was included in the group tour I joined. Unfortunately I stayed this hotel for only 7 hours or so right before my flight. I had to leave hotel without having breakfast ! I can't review this hotel fully but it is not bad. At the same time, it is not excellent either. This hotel is quite standard and average.

There is a lovely small balcony attached. Decent bathroom, very polite staff and free wifi which is connected in your room.

I enjoyed the location as well. it is not extremely centre but you can get to any by foot. There is a liquor store just in front if my memory is correct. Also there is shisha bar in front of hotel :) There are many shops/eateries nearby. I stayed 4 hotels in total during the group trip. Grand hotel has got the best location among the 4 hotels.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank mamacita1001
Reviewed 13 February 2016

I provided support for one of the UN agencies as a trainer in Grand Hotel. Nice place in the city of Madaba to stay at. I enjoyed my stay, clean rooms, home made Middle Eastern recipes, extremely nice staff members, very helpful and welcoming. They provided full assistance even in late evenings.

I was impressed to have a family and homey environment. Many participants lost their belongings from Jewelry to personal things, they were all found and kept. Mrs. Miroslava was such a great support. Many thanks to the beautiful Susan who took care of our rooms. Hamza, the nice reception guy with glasses, the late shift beard guy (sorry not to remember the name), great staff and spirit.

Room Tip: Room 217 (spacious)
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Tamara A
Reviewed 11 February 2016

We arrived in Amman airport on an early evening and we chose to stay in Madaba instead of Amman to cut our driving time the next morning to Mount Nebo. Hotel is a bit outdated, some of the fixtures are worn out. The room is clean and is bigger than the average European hotel room. The hotel offers free wifi and we got breakfast for the rate we paid. I think the hotel normally offers buffet breakfast but I guess there were very few hotel guests at that time and they gave us an a la carte breakfast which was very good and nice portion. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful about our queries.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple