“Excellent Value for money”

Ranked #24 of 344 Hotels in Mecca
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

A good hotel at a good location in Makkah. The shuttle service is excellent and very prompt.
Rooms are well sized and whenever I have booked a room I have always been given a suite. Furnishings are good and clean. Breakfast is abit hit and miss though.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank hafsa s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was very reasonably priced with excellent service. Check-in and Check-out process was fast. The reception communicated well in English. The rooms were spacious.

We had originally booked the hotel for 5 nights, but due to some reason we weren't able to check-in the hotel on the day we booked for. We called the hotel and they readily made changes to our hotel booking and accommodated us for 4 nights. Upon check-in they included free breakfast for us.

The shuttle service was excellent! We didn't had to wait more than a minute to get a bus from the hotel to the Haram. When coming back to the hotel it was a 5-7 minute wait because of the crowd.

Due the the massive construction in the Haram area it might be little difficult for the elderly and the disabled people to use this shuttle service since it is a 5-7 minutes walk to the Haram from where the shuttles stop.

Breakfast was excellent too.

Only negative thing - there was a faint drainage smell in the bathroom. We bought an air freshener to get rid of it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sanz K
Amman Governorate, Jordan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Overall was very good, rooms were just as we expected from a five stars hotel, lobby area was good & I liked the shuttle service which was going to the Haram every 15 minutes.
The only problem that I had was the service center, it was very hard to communicate with them. For example it took me 15 minutes to order the complementary bottled water then I didn't!! Then I called the reception and he transferred me to the room service, after that he put me back through the service center, at last nothing happened!! You seriously guys need to solve this kind of problems.

• Stayed February 2014
hhhhhhhh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Good hotel for reasonable price
The room was so convenient and well clean
Hotel has shuttle to almisaged alharaam every 30 mins
Hotel has Good services good staff helpfully so busy during omra season avoid being there that time

• Stayed March 2013
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

From where should I start??
1- Check in experience was awful! took us more than 20 minutes to take our rooms. We reserved through a third party website. Although our booking was showing on the system, the agent could not locate it until he called the reservations who showed him how to find it! No explanation of whatsoever upon check in.
2-When we arrived to the room, we put our luggage in order to go directly to pray. Found out that my safebox was locked. Asked the person who escorted me to send somebody to open it.. I checked out and the safebox was still locked!
3-Bathroom amenities: When you go a Meridien or a Starwood hotel, you expect somwthing like good bathroom amenities like shampoo and shower gel and soap. What do you get? very cheep local amenities that cost all in all maybe 1$!
4-No slippers, no bathrobe, no note pad, not even a pen in the room.
5-The next morning, I went for breakfast. If this property is considering itself a 5 stars, then the other hotels I stayed in would ranked 10 stars! No smile, no acknowledgment, and if you want to do a coffee, you get plastic spoons! totally no hygiene.. this is not even a 2 stars service!
6-Towels are so old and bathtub mat had a hole in the middle! and guess what?? one of my towels was branded "Gulf Hotel, Bahrain"!!!! Can you believe it???!!!
7-Went to my bed, to get totally shocked when I felt the mattress on my feet. I discovered that the bed sheet was smaller than the mattress. At this time, I checked the Duvet to find it full of spots! Wonderful no?!
8-At evening we called the Operator requesting a pen and paper... took them 1.5 hours to get it...
9-Operator never answered from the first time.. we had to call at least 3 times for them to answer. Once, as the operator were not answering, we pressed the button of "Services" and asked the guy to send us a pen.. He said you need to call "0"I cannot help you!
10-Check Out... took almost 20 minutes as well.. I swear this was the funniest check out of my life!!!!the receptionist was sleepy and messed up our bill...

Stay away from this hotel.. will never be back!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ali N
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

The Meridien Towers is difficult to find the first time you go there. And if you call and ask for directions, the staff are not much help as most don't speak Arabic or know the city that well. That's the only mildly critical thing I can say about the place. It is well located, a five minute drive away from the Haram. The hotel is at the entrance of the tunnel and the exit is the Haram. Shuttle buses leave every ten minutes, ferrying guests to and fro, for free.

The hotel itself is a series of tower blocks. The rooms were great, the service fine, and the food delicious. I enjoyed my stay and would go again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank R0llingSt0ne2011
Hassan A, Manager at Le Meridien Towers Makkah, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to receive your positive comments about our quality services and service culture at our property.

We always strive hard to deliver the best of class service experience to all our valuable guests at all times. We will ensure that we will be looking forward to deliver an even better experience for you the next time you visit us and we will look after your needs very well at all times.

Hope to see you soon at our property.

With kind regards,

Hassan Attia
Hotel Manager
Lahore, Pakistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I stayed there from 8th June 2013 to 17th June 2013 with my family. The stay was wonderful and made even better by the staff. Very helpful and friendly. Food was delicious. Not to forget Mr DILBAR who was brilliant in making Cheese Omelets.

Room Tip: Rooms are basically designed for 2 beds. 3rd Bed will cramp it a bit. If you can accomodate 3 bedds...