“Haj 2013”

Ranked #32 of 354 Hotels in Mecca
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
“Haj 2013”
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Went for Haj 2013. Nice walkdistance to Haram. Staff friendly and helpfull. Breakfast was well presented. Facilities in room was okay. i have nothing to complain about as this was more than i expected as I went for haj and not a holiday. We are forgetting the purpose of this trip and the n just want to complain. We are so fortunate these days as we have everything in luxury.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Gadijah O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Assalamuallaykum wa'rahmatullahi wa'barakatu, I visited this hotel for hajj 2012/1433, the hotel is huge and accommodates over 2,000 guests for Hajj. It is located around 10-15 mins walk away from the haram. It has wifi which you can never ever connect to, doesn't matter what time of the night or day you try, in the week I stayed I could never connect.

It has over 16 lifts and yet it is not enough to occupy all the guests staying at the hotel and they are extremely slow and small. I'm sure for the umrah period it is perfectly capable to accommodate the guests.

When scholars speak about building a mountain of patience for hajj, this is included as you may wait hours before the lift comes.

The best thing I learnt is, get urself in the lift weather it's going up or down, it's basically banking your place in the lift as by the time a lift does arrive with space, it's never.

The hotel offered breakfast and dinner (half board) I was totally amazed by the quality and quantity of the food it provided even during the hajj period. Allhamdullilah I was very pleased with this. You will be spoilt if choice, Allhamdullilah.

The lounge area is spacious and very chilled out, the hotel has 3 floors of parking, and in total 24 floors I think. The rooms are good size for 2, but for 4 it was extremely tight (expect this for hajj). Overall I'm very happy with the hotel in general, I don't have anything to complain about apart from the AC. The first day we arrived, we discovered the AC doesn't work. Can u imagine that? We were sweating like anything. After several complaints on the 2nd day I was determined I wanted a room change and they sent a engineer to fix it. Following day he managed to replace the entire AC middle of the night, hanging off outside the window from the 22nd floor. I prayed he wouldn't fall off as he had no security straps or anything incase of an accident if he had slipped. I couldn't watch him while he fixed it, may Allaah reward him, Ameen.

I was told by some of the staff that the hotel will be demolished and moved very near bye, which may explain why the AC were not repaired before the room was given to us? how true this is regarding the demolish I really don't no. In complete honest with u, I don't think it matters were u stay for hajj, as this itself will allow you appreciate life and the luxuries Allaah has granted us with. The main thing is Allaah has chosen u to be his guest out of the millions of Muslims to come to Hajj.

I pray insha Allaah u find this review helpful, the main focus you should have is be prepared, know what ur doing for hajj and why ur doing. Read all hajj materials and be prepared, as that will be your most important part of this hajj. insha Allaah We go to the holy land again soon. Put ur trust Allaah and Him Alone.

I pray that Allaah accepts your hajj/umrah. Please please keep me in ur dua by name!! Jazakallaah khair

Wasalam.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank akhiabroad
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Just a walking distance to one of greatest locations on earth about 500m (suitable for those who have no issue in mobility)
Staff are attentive and helpful.
Meals are within expectations.
Overall experience is good.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Alkuden
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Location not ideal. 10-15 min walk to the harrem.
Especially if you have mobility issues.
Staff smart dress speak English well. However can be very rude unhelpful.
Rooms average, cleanliness lets them down.
Buffet good veriety always topped up. Be prepared to wait.
WiFi available but very temperamental. Did not work during most of our stay
Expect long ques at the lifts at times anything Up to an hour.

Overall first impression don't match the service provided. And the distance to the harem is an issue.

Would not use again..

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank swk8429
USA
Reviewed 5 August 2012

we really had high expectations for this hotel and I must say the RAMADA MAKKAH really did exceed our expectations. We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights for Ummrah and we really enjoyed our stay. Checking in and checking out was quick and easy, staff were polite and helpful, rooms were clean and spacious, house keeping was efficient and did a really good job of cleaning both rooms top to bottom everyday, the location is perfect and the breakfast buffet was delicious. Overall we was really impressed with RAMADA MAKKAH and will definately go back again inshallah

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2012

One of the worst Ramada. No customer service attitude at all. Staff seems not happy. Very expensive compare to the room and services you got. Dont stay at this hotel if you can.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Bazaradel

Travellers are raving about these Mecca hotels

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Would not recommend.
Very bad service, rude receptionists...only speak english when it suits them when faced with a slight problem the first response "sorry me no english".
Throughout our week stay we had no wi fi connection, each day we were told it would be sorted tommorrow... Never was...
Had to ring house keeping several times a day before someone actuali came to clean the room they would eventually arrive at bedtime, even then all they do is make the bed have to beg them for clean bath towel..
Very out dated due to the lack of cleaning bathroom very mouldy...
Would stay well away.