“Average service from a well known name in hotel industry.” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
ZamZam Pullman Makkah
Ranked #9 of 337 Hotels in Mecca
Geylang, Singapore
“Average service from a well known name in hotel industry.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

It was difficult for our driver to find his way to the hotel. The hotel is located within a big development known as Abrajj Albeit which has a few hotel properties and among them is Pullman Zamzam Makkah. Security guards stopped our driver stopped our car at entrance and we had to show prove of our reservation to allow us in. There was no sign to show us which one is our hotel, we can see signs for Raffles, Movenpick, Firmont and others but no Pullman Zamzam Makkah !!
We had to ask one hotel staff standing around who directed us to the entrance of Zamzam. The check-in was smooth, no question asked but it took a while from the staff to issue us the Room Keys.
The Room is comfortable with two Queen size Beds, small kitchenette and bathroom with shower and bath tub, with basic amenities of shampoo, bath gel, soap and body lotion but lacked other amenities such as Razor, Tooth Brush and Tooth Paste, shower Cab, ladies pads, cotton, sewing kit and shoes shine. The Breakfast was a nightmare with very crowded restaurant, guests had to pour hot water from a huge boiler to mix their tea or coffee by themselves. With such crowd around the BOILER, I was afraid that someone will leave the tab open and here comes down the boiling water to burn someone's skin !!
I pointed out this point to one of the staff in the restaurant, and he answered me: "what can we do with so many guests". I was surprised with his answer especially that he asked me to suggest to him what can be done !!??
Well, I was shocked to see an ACCOR staff who does not know what can be done with big crowd at Breakfast time, I simply answered him: "get two staff from among your time, ask them to carry two jugs of Tea and Coffee each and go around to serve the guests. You are an ACCOR Hotel for haven's sake !!". I told that Restaurant staff who wears a tie and a black vest: "if water burns some guest here, who will be responsible !!??".
I was not happy with it as he took it lightly.
The Hotel location supposed to be close to the Holy Mosque of Makkah but moving through the elevators make it seem to be far. At one night, electricity was cut off, security forces and perhaps civil defence were around. No explanation was give for what is happening and what went wrong or how long it will take. We had to stay inside our room without air-condition and no emergency light in total darkness !!
Even after the lights came back and air-conditions run again, no apology was made and no explanation was given.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Pullmanhotels.com

1 Thank Yousry M
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at ZamZam Pullman Makkah, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Mr. Yousry

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at Pullman zamZam on the 6th November.
In the first instance, may I offer my sincere apologies for the averge service you received on this
occasion. Please be assured that this is not a true reflection of the high standards upon which Pullman ZamZam prides itself.

Your feedback on missing some kinds of amenities in the room has been passed to the housekeeping team. I am sure that had you addressed these issues with the staff on duty at the time they would have made every effort to rectify the situation, however this does not in any way excuse the disappointment you were subject to and you should not take this as indicative of the level and service that Pullman ZamZam strives to provide.

I was disappointed to learn of the manner in which your query was dealt with by a member of our
staff at the restarant. This lack of customer service is not acceptable and I assure you that Food & Beverage Manager has reviewed your comments with the staff member concerned. The appropriate action has been taken to ensure that an incident of this nature does not reoccur.

I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused by the sudden unexpected power shut down that happen during your stay, on 11th of November. I understand the frustration this may have caused you. I can also only apologise on behalf of the staff that were on duty that no assistance was offered to you.

Thank you once again for your feedback, which is invaluable in our efforts to assess and
continually improve upon the quality of our service. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming
you back to Pullman ZamZam and better meeting your expectations in the future.

Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are travelling to Makkah again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

Qulaity & Attitude Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Karachi, Pakistan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed here from sept 23 to sept 29 on the 17 floor.I have the same complaints/issues that most people have already talked about. It is not a 5 star simply because things like, sink had no drain web, the tub was cracked, are what no 5 star worth it's salt would ever do.. Kettle was available, which according to some reviews, people didn't get, but no complimentary tea,coffee or sugar .Wifi not free and pretty darn expensive.
The best thing was the proximity to the Haram but that proximity is shared by all the Al-Bait complex hotels so no extra points there. Havent been inside the other hotels in the complex, but Im assuming that most of them don't have the same maintenance issues. I cant simply give any leeway just because it was busy season. Busy also mean more income, so generally the service should be better in those days. The staff was fine, no issues there. Overall the experience was fine, not too bad and not very awesome.
If you are going for religious reasons, the chances are you wouldn't be spending much time at the hotel anyway, so in that case I would rec'd it, with the warning to not expect a 5 star property.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hesham K, Quality & Atitude Manager at ZamZam Pullman Makkah, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.

The interaction with Maintenance & Tea Coffe Tray- at your room with regards to your comments is certainly not typical and I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire team as a training exercise.

Concerning Internet service rates I can assure to your good self that our prices are the lowest prices available for this service in the area. a cost plus rate is there in order to guarantee a high speed browsing services for our guests

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip to Makkah was most enjoyable.

Pennsville, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Location is unique overlooking Haram. room size is great with a small kitchenette- not functioning-.
Ask for a Kaaba view room, you will pay more but you will get a magnificent view. Food was tasty in the restaurant. Staff is always smiling and willing to help.

Would stay here for my next trip and I will recommend it for family & friends.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Fathiaahmed
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at ZamZam Pullman Makkah, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Ms Fathia

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Zamzam Makkah. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Alexandria, Egypt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed there for about 10 days during the pilgrimage season(religious tourism), it is a very hard season for any hotel, due to the enormous numbers ,and of course this is the real test to any professional hotel, my overall evaluation as an experienced guest of the 5 stars service they are 60% due to the following reasons:
1-The rooms are clean, but the daily house keeping don't change the bed sheets
2-The service in the restaurants are too slow, staff not well trained, they are not helpful, you ask for water, they simply tell you , go get it your self (sometimes with rude way)
3-Third day, the restaurant person in charge (mr. Ahmed) took my plate away from me not allowing me to eat, simply because the tables are not ready yet though we were allowed to enter the restaurant and gather food on plates, it was shocking to me and i had to make a complain, i never saw him again till i checked out.(simply he is perfect in security rather than restaurants)
4-The don't provide any free internet neither in rooms nor in lobby, so we had to go to other hotels in the lobby to had our free internet,( they charge you 30 riya per hour, 60 riyal per day, 200 riyal per week), it is more economic to have a 60 riyal 3G service for all your stay, you will find them at the mall lobby on the ground floor
5-The corridors we smelly, it was awful smell, but it got better by days.
6-They don't provide free complimentary water bottler or tea or nescafe or any kind of drinks like other hotels do.
7-The restaurants open buffet are with limited choices, you have to eat same food every day for 10 days
8- we had a big room with 4 guests, but on the first days , the 4 keys didn't work , so we had to make 4 new keys.
i think their problem was serving a lot of people in limited time affected the quality of service they provide, they are not ready yet to accept a full booking ,
other than that we enjoyed sleeping and air conditioning, having Harram prayers in our room,they changed towels daily.

Room Tip: try to get rooms in first to fourth floor, during high season it is critical to reach your room, aft...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank samerelsayary
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at ZamZam Pullman Makkah, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Mr. Samer

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.

The interaction with our staff member- at the Restaurant & housekeeping with regards to your comments is certainly not typical and I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire team as a training exercise.

H6036-qm@accor.com
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Pullman Zamzam is perfect regarding its location if front of King Abdul-Aziz gate, its rooms you can see the Kaaba and Haram, regarding service it is perfect however it is little expensive in laundry. Meals are very good, you can have a lot of western and eastern meals in the restaurant. rooms are Spacious and every room has 2 king sized beds. Very wide LCD screen. You can feel warmth in rooms, efficient air condition. If you are looking to have a comfortable Hajj stay in Mecca, I recommend for you this hotel.

Room Tip: Kaaba view rooms are very nice, ask to have one upon check in
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hesham K, Quality & Atittude Manager at ZamZam Pullman Makkah, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Mirza

Peshawar
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I along with my family stayed at the hotel from September 24 till 28, 2013. We went to perform Hajj this year; however, due to poor service and indifference on part of the hotel administration we have to return back without performing Hajj. As I suffered from nerve compression pain I requested for wheal chair however, they told me that they have more than 70 wheelchairs but all of them are in bad shape. Then they told me that I can get it from haram free of. Cost. I walked all the way to haram only to learn that they are provided only to those with prior permission letter from the Makhab / Muallam. While returning from Haram I collapsed and could not make it to my room. Moreover, we were four of us and were supposed to be given a suite, instead they gave us a double room with two extra beds and blankets. Toilet accessories were also provided daily for two, besides, there was no prayer mat or copy of Quran in the room.
The cleaning staff despite knowing English as they were phillipinos pretended that they didn't know any language except for Arabic.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Bushrah1963
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at ZamZam Pullman Makkah, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Dear Bushrah

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.

The interaction with our Bell Captain & Housekeeping with regards to your comments is certainly not typical and I will be sure to raise your experience with our entire team as a training exercise.

Once again please do accept my apologies.

I appreciate if you would address your forthcoming stay at Pullman ZamZam Makkah to my attention to allow us to take personal care. Until then, please accept our regards

H6036-QM@accor.com
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stayed at the Pullman Hotel which is based within the Zamzam Tower. The hotel was a blessing from Allah as it is the best location good food and good service.

Inshallah if I return I would be looking to go back to the same hotel, cause of all the positives and no negatives.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Indiyan
Hesham K, Qualityn & Attitude Manager at ZamZam Pullman Makkah, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Thank you very much for great feedback. We appreciate taking form your valuable time to write your impression about your stay with us. We work hard to offer good, friendly & efficient service and I’m so glad your visit was enjoyable. I will pass your feedback on to the team, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.