“Amazed!”

Pullman ZamZam Makkah
Ranked #9 of 372 Hotels in Mecca
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I came here last year on may to peform my umrah! it's close to the kabah and I have a perfect view of it! It has a shopping complex too! I was disappointed when they gave me the card to a room which had some people in. So I had to go back and get another card. This is why I gave it a four.
It says I have travelled on July 2013, I have selected this because it doesn't have the option of May 2013

Room Tip: If you want a better view of the kabah, try to get a room in the middle section of the building.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Hesham K, Quality &Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback received following your recent stay at Pullman ZamZam.

I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay and I will certainly pass on your comments
to my team. I know that they will be delighted to learn that their efforts have been appreciated and
remembered.

We welcome all feedback that we receive from our guests and will endeavour to use such
feedback constructively. Feedback such as yours that highlights areas where we could be doing
better is particularly useful and we are grateful for your time in sharing your experience with us.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,017)

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Absolutely loved the hotel. Loved the cleanliness, the size of the room and most of all how close it is to the haram. its a few minute walks to haram. Also, food court is also in hotel. Its just overall great. i travelled with my husband and 4 year old child and i could not have picked a better hotel. The only 2 things i did not like was that when i called down to ask how to make a phone call, the staff did not take me very seriously. They were a little rude and seem not to respect women. I was hung up on twice and put on hold without being told i was going to b put on hold. Also, not everyone speaks english. Also, the person that took our luggage down did not try to get us a taxi. We were very frustrated as no taxi driver wanted to take us to the sepco bus station which was a 10 min drive. In the end we had to beg a taxi driver and paid him 80 riyals. We could have walked there but with luggage and a small child it was very difficult. Hotel staff did nothing about this. I would also recommend that you arrange your ride to medina before hand and not to take the bus. If you take the sepco bus, make sure its VIP non stop. only a minimal difference in terms of cost.

Room Tip: will stay here again
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Mrs Hussain

remembered.

I was disappointed that you felt that the standard of English amongst staff, especially those on
Reception was unacceptable. Whilst we are a multi-national company that employs staff from a
diverse range of backgrounds, it is a requirement that all front desk staff have a certain level of
fluency in English.

I was also disappointed to read your comments regarding a staff member’s attitude in handling
your concerns. Please be assured that your comments have been reviewed with the front office
team and expected service behaviours have been reinforced.

I do hope that the remainder of your trip to Makkah was most enjoyable.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

One of the best locations to stay in Makkah ! We stayed there twice in the last 15 days and our experience was just great. The Haram is just as you come out of the lobby, restaurants, shopping is all in the complex itself which is very convenient. You dont loose time traveling from your hotel to haram. The breakfast is very good. It was a good and enjoyable stay, although I was a little surprised that my Accor Hotels membership card was refused on both occasions

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

remembered.

Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details concerning your memebership issue.

I hope that the remainder of your trip to Makkah was most enjoyable.

Hesham Al Kabbany
Quality & Attitude Manager
H6036-qm@accor.com

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

So I stayed here with my family, we had a total of three rooms that were located on different floors. First off, the location of the hotel is amazing! It is located in the towers and an easy walk to the Haram Shareef. Also the morning breakfast buffet was excellent especially after you come from completing ummrah. We were located on a high floor that was facing the side. Our bathroom was at an elevation so the shower leaked and would not drain properly. This caused the whole bathroom to flood everytime someone showered. My family who had stayed on lower floors that faced the Kaaba Shareef did not have this problem and loved their room and view.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank iris0333

Dear Guest

Your feedback on the condition of the bathroom has been passed to the housekeeping team.
I am sure that had you addressed these issues with the staff on duty at the time they would have made every effort to rectify the situation, however this does not in any way excuse the disappointment you were subject to and you should not take this as indicative of the level and service that Pullman ZamZam strives to provide.

Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that the remainder of your trip to Makkah was most enjoyable

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I booked Classic Twin Room City (which has a view of the city as described).
I booked it from the Accorhotels.com directly. If you do that, they will consider you a VIP.
Staff was not really warm, but not bad.
Because I was considered a VIP i was given Room 1518 which has a view of the Haram and Welcoming Gift (as in the pictures I uploaded).
Room was large and clean.
Bed was comfortable.
AC working well.
TV live broadcast of the Haram.
There is in room live Audio of the Haram Athan and Prayer.
Bathroom was clean.
Breakfast buffet was very good.
Hotel is very near to the Haram. Right Opposite Gate number 1 king Abdulaziz gate.
Right Under the hotel is the mall with different brands shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luqman_31
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Mr. Luqman

Thank you for your comments sent via our website, concerning your stay at Pullman ZamZam on the 24th May.

sincerely,

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The pros : excellent location , very near to the haram, convenient location relative to the mall & shopping center
The bedding is clean and comfortable and the rooms are spacious .
On the negative side
Totally unfriendly and unhelpful reception ( front office staff)
The elevators fail everyday
The breakfast is horrible, really nothing to eat, very long queues , no covers on the tables, no clean plates , no clean cups for tea, etc. really the worst breakfast experience ever
In the room I had, the bathroom is in serious need of maintenance, the wood is cracked and it was not properly cleaned during my 3 nights stay
One final advise: don't trust the taxi driver recommended by the bellcaptain.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank sameh a
Hesham K, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman ZamZam Makkah, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Mr. Sameh

I would like to sincerely apologise for the shortfall in the standard of service on this occasion. I
was disappointed to learn that you did not feel the staff had the appropriate attitude and you can be assured that the management has relayed your feedback to the staff. Customer Service is of
paramount importance to us and we were deeply disappointed that, in this instance, you did not
feel welcome.

concerning lift issue, Although we have to accept that mistakes do happen, it is equally important that we state how sorry we are for the inconvenience experienced on this occasion.

I was sorry to learn of the delay you experienced in the restaurant. Your comments have been
reviewed with the Food and Beverage Manager and corrective measures have been implemented to avoid a similar situation occurring in the future.
Also I regret to hear that the food you were served was not up to your expectatins. This is certainly not acceptable and the Management will be taking the necessary actions to ensure there is no recurrence of this issue.

Your feedback on the condition of the bathroom has also been passed to the management. I am
you were subject to and you should not take this as indicative of the level and service that Pullman Zamzam strives to provide.

Thank you once again for your feedback, which is invaluable in our efforts to assess and
continually improve upon the quality of our service. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming
you back to Pullman ZamZa and better meeting your expectations.
Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are travelling to Makkah again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.

Hesham Al Kabbany
Quality & Attitude Manager
H6036-qm@accor.com

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week was here on 8th may till 15th from sheffield england. The hotel was brilliant. Rooms clean and service on spot. View from the window i could see the kabbah which was a real treat.. kitchen good size although stove does not work but it was never really needed. Bathrooms in suites u have two which is spot on esp families. Bedrooms big roomy and beds were peaceful to sleep on. Confusing as u have to get two lifts one from the mall to hotel reception and second to room. There are more thsn one hotels so make sure u go on the right side. After a few days its easy and also speedy and huge. Eating place on p3 level you have all that you need. Location perfect. Infact when family where a asleep i would go down to the kabaah to do tawaaf and was there in 5mins. People freindly. Wifi does not work at all dont pay extra. Breakfast was good and filling. All in all will defo go back there again loved it. Thankyou to all the staff that looked after us esp my dad who wss not well. May allah swt reward you. Sheraz Ahmed

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheraz A

Dear Mr. Sheraz

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Zamzam Makkah. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

concering wifi services during your week of stay would like to withdraw your kind attention that ISP provider was experiencing some difficulities in prodiving internet services, I appologise for the inconvenienece caused .

Sincerely