“GREAT VIEW AND SHORT WALK TO GRAND MOSQUE.”
Review of Le Meridien Makkah

Le Meridien Makkah
Ranked #46 of 360 Hotels in Mecca
Newark, New Jersey
“GREAT VIEW AND SHORT WALK TO GRAND MOSQUE.”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

This was my second trip in two years to perform Umrah and stay at Le Meridien Makkha,SA.
We were in a group of four people and stayed in room 7015 and 7017. I made the reservation through SPG American Express Card and were upgraded to a suite for SR 610 per night B&B,
Main reason for selection of this property was closeness to the Haram Sharif only a,... short walk of 5 munites. My stay was for two nights of Feb 21 and 22nd. Check in was quick and was given a suite facing the Mecca Mountain which was changed to a Haram View Room at our request. The Breakfast was great with freshly made omlates as well as lots of Cheeses, Arabian and continental choices of Baklawa, Deserts, Bread Pudding etc. The best part was of Joining prayers at the Harem Mosque as soon as the Azzan (Call for Prayers ) was heard in your room connected directly from originating place in the Grand Masjid you could walk and join the Jamah / congragation without any hastle. Revenue Manager Mr. Fayyaz Ahmad at the property was a very humble gentleman and was very instrumental in upgrading our rooms.

Room Tip: Make reservation through SPG and send email request ATTN: FAYYAZ AHMAD Revenue Recovery Manager for...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ichaudhri
LeMeridienMakkah, Manager at Le Meridien Makkah, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback and this give us a pleasure of encourage to do more better services to all our valuable guests.

Looking forward to welcome you again at Le Meridien Hotel Makkah and it will be our pleasure to be at your service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed 3 January 2013

A great experience we were there in hej time. This hotel has a good location near haram, friendly staff, restaurant with multiple varieties & haram view, spacious rooms with haram view & nice reception.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank G S
LeMeridienMakkah, Manager at Le Meridien Makkah, responded to this review, 10 January 2013

Thankyou
Canada
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I had very pleasant experience of this hotel.Today only i left this hotel. Check in was fast, we check in 4 pm. and check out was also very quick although it was Friday . Staff services are very helpful and fast. They respond very quick.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank BeautifulCanada1
LeMeridienMakkah, Manager at Le Meridien Makkah, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your interest at Le Meridien Hotel Makkah. We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay and would like to thank you for the valuable comments you gave for our team. It means a lot to us and we really appreciate it when a guest takes the time to write about our teams personalized efforts.

We look forward to welcome you again and its always our pleasure to be at your service.

Talaat Ismail
Hotel Manager
Kandy, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed here for a night in Marc' 12.Nice hotel 5 minutes away from the haram as its so convenient! The room was clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast was very good Huge breakfast buffet,Will stay at the Le Meridien Makkah again inshallah.

I must say the Le Meridien Makkah really did exceed our expectations.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Imdath N
LeMeridienMakkah, Manager at Le Meridien Makkah, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback and this give us a pleasured of encourage to do more better services to all our valuable guests.

Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

I visited with my family before the holy month of Ramadan.. The stay was excellent.. The staff was excellent & their service was also good.. The whole staff especially the front desk staff was very kind, cooperative & supportive... I really appreciate.. I would like to visit & stay again in Le Meridian.. And I ll also tell my frens & colleagues..

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank Thebestguy
LeMeridienMakkah, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Makkah, responded to this review, 9 October 2012

Thankyou
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 8 August 2012

in general it is good hotel clean rooms closing to a Haram. but very bad management and some staff at the reception they dont know their job we stayed july 21 for to nights we arrived early in the morning when i asked the staff at reception regarding my booking he told me my booking is available but check in at 5pm not before that and he said if i want to check in at that time i have to pay extra for one night, that it means empty rooms is available then i told him what i know standard time to check in is 2pm not 5pm he said they have orders from the management no check in before 5pm then at 2pm when the manager came and saw the lobby was full like a market no place for people to sit all were waiting for the rooms then he asked staff at the reception to give the rooms. after suffering from morning i received my room at 2 30pm but i found they did not give me correct room i went back to the staff and explained to him he told me this is the correct room if you have any complain contact back you site which you booked the hotel and then i met the manager after he saw my voucher he asked me to go first floor to meet the sales team when they saw my voucher they asked receptionist to change my room to deluxe Haram view but receptionist said all room full you have to wait till 7pm, you can use the room which we gave you till that time, at 7pm i received the room but my booking was king bed they gave two single beds said all king bed full, for you information i booked the hotel from may 11.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank khrawahi
LeMeridienMakkah, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Makkah, responded to this review, 2 September 2012
Dear Sir,

We have noted your comments regarding your last stay with us and would like to apologies for not reaching your expectations. I was very disappointed to see that your expectations were not met upon check in. I am very concerned about that as it is definitely not the genuine service we strive to deliver. We also assure you that we will be taking steps to insure such occurrence is not repeated. Please do not hesitate to contact myself directly if there is anything I can do to ensure your future stays at Le Meridien Hotel to exceed your expectations.

Yours Sincerely,
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Good feeling in regard to this hotel. Perfect location ad services were to the expectations. I would love to go back and recommend all to this hotel. Close to Haram and what you need all is around you. Rooms seems to bit small but manageable compared to Makkah crowd. I do not have other hotel of similar substandard to compare.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank aghazali346
LeMeridienMakkah, Manager at Le Meridien Makkah, responded to this review, 28 August 2012