“Great Location.. Value for money considering Mecca”
Review of Elaf Kinda Hotel

Elaf Kinda Hotel
Ranked #19 of 364 Hotels in Mecca
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Positive
The best thing about the hotel is location. Just couple of minutes walk from Gate Malik Abdul Aziz. Considering we have young kids, it was very convenient for you to move from hotel to Haram and vice versa. - They are flexible in Check out time and you can check out later than mentioned timing of 12 - Rooms was clean contrary to my expectations. - Considering this hotel to be in Mecca, i never had high expectation from it and i would stay in it again due to its location. You can find good food court in the mall next to the hotel.
Negatives
Check in time was mentioned 4 pm. We reached at 3.45pm and room was not ready and had to wait till 4.30. The receptionist told us that 4 does not mean that room will be ready exactly at 4. - Shower drainage is very poor. I read the same complaint from another guest so this seems to be common problem in this hotel . However the house keeping helped on this matter couple of time

Overall i believe that this hotel is the best within this price range in Mecca and i will strongly recommend it to the people who want to stay near haram and have tight budget.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Sightseer2010
There are newer reviews for Elaf Kinda Hotel

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stay here for 7days with a tipple bed room. Good services and excellence breakfast. Its in the side of main clock tower building but still within the haram area but not facing towards the kabaa. Room rate about SR 850 that time.

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank Nadeem-Anwar
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed here with my two daughters in a room for three (but contains 4 beds), and my husband and son in another room for 2. We stayed from 5th June to 10th June. This hotel is near the masjidil haram and just beside the Zam Zam Tower building. So location-wise it was great. I love meal times because the restaurant served food close to our heart, Malay food so we had a good time during meal. In terms of rooms, the decor colour could be a little bit more brighter, as I think the dark brown colour of the curtains made the rooms look smaller, and with dark coloured furniture of cupboards, dressing table and chairs and table, and dark brown carpet, it made the room smaller. I think if they had used brighter colours like cream, light brown or white for furniture, and brighter coloured curtains like cream, light blue/green/brown, it would make the room seems bigger. What I like most is the toilet/bathroom as we can perform ablution/wudhu' at the main pipe in the shower room, we don't have to do it at the washbasin like in most hotels.
The location of the hotel is the main attraction as it just take less than 3 min to reach the masjidil haram, that's the most important thing. And also the 5 elevators that served the guests are quite fast, so there's no problem of getting into the lift even if we are late for solat at the masjidil haram.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank muslimahSingapore
Reviewed 5 May 2013

It has prefect location and very friendly staff. I stayed there for one night and the staffs at the reception were very helpful.

My booking was for 1st may and check in time is 16:00, I arrived on 2nd May 8:00, so almost I had only 4 fours to stay in my room as the checkout time is 12:00.

They were very kind to count my stay from 2nd May, so by that I had a full day stay plus early check in. I think this enough to show their cooperation with customers and understanding their circumstances.

The breakfast price 50 Riyal and the size of the buffet is average, but comparing to the price it very good, as I paid more 50 Riyal in other hotels and got below the average buffet.

I agree the room is small, but it was fine with me, because it was clean and neat and that what matter for me. Also, the whole hotel is clean with pleasant aroma in all areas.

There is one problem, but the source of problem is the hotel. The problem was hotel phone number as I was calling them many times and no one was picking the phone.

When I arrived the first thing I did to show my call logs on mu mobile to the receptionist and asked him is the number is right and he replied yes.

Then, I asked why no one is answering the calls, he replied that due to ongoing construction works their phone line is affected and they don’t know when it will be fixed, as it is beyond their reach. Moreover, due to the same problem the Wi-Fi is only available in lobby.

He advised the best way to communicate is by fax or email.

I will go back again to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank dxb5480
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I stayed at the Elaf Kindah Hotel -Maka from 30March until 10April 2013.The room was spacious enough with twin beds and en suite bathroom containing wide spaced and toilet.

The service was great at the hotel,very upmarket,since it was revamped 2 years ago- I speak under correction.Breakafst was most enjoyable with a hands chef available from 8am.

The location is grewat,since its 50metres or less from the Garam-thus waling to and from Garam wwas an absolute joy

This hotel I will certainly stay at again and recommend without hesitation.
Wi-fi si available in lounge area only unless you pay to have this available in your room too.

Room is cosy with tea/coffeee facilities,and a grand desk with comfortable relaxing chairs ,coffee table to.There is a small bar fridge in every room too.The cupboards are spacious and the rooms well lit.was an absolute joy to stay there,and my group felt the same way.

Room Tip: room facing garam ,first three floors
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank guteng1
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Wow what a great hotel ! The location is very close to haram & the service was beyond excellent . The restaurant staff were so helpful & the food was so tasty !! My stay was so enjoyable that i am already planning my next trip !!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Habibirania
Reviewed 10 April 2013

My previous visit here which was more than 7years back, this used to be a simple no-nonsense hotel with small rooms but very affordable compared to the Hilton Towers or The Intercontinental yet offering the same proximity to Haram. Now with its renovation and upgrades & having the Abraj Bait next door, their price simply doesn't make sense unless you just want to pay for the location.

I took a double room (@ US$190/night for 2 nights) which seemed cramped compared to the pictures available on the various travel websites. It was more like a single room with an extra bed & no space to actually get in or out of that bed, this was on the 3rd floor. The overall renovation gives the hotel a great feel but if you sacrifice my living space & there is poor additions like the two seating chairs which I can't walk & sit in, I fail to see the sense in putting them there. Give me a little room to get out of my bed at least.

Some websites mention Internet being available in all rooms. I was getting signals to a Wi-Fi network (EKWL) but the reception assured me the Wi-Fi was only available in the lobby. The provided password also didn't work. So, I didn't bother chasing this one.

As for the views, keep in mind that Elaf Kinda has Abraj Bait to it's back & side while one side is facing a building next door which is still under construction. The one side that is open gives you a view of the street between Makkah Hilton Towers & Abraj Bait.

Breakfast was reasonable and had a suitable selection. I cannot confirm the change in menu as I found the same menu on both days. Timings were from 6:30AM to 10AM. It can get crowded if you have multiple umrah groups visiting but otherwise the space and timing should be manageable.

If I recall correctly, the hotel had a total of 7 elevators taking anywhere from 2-7 minutes to reach you depending upon whether it was prayer time or not.

The hotel doesn't have their own parking, so if you are bringing you're driving, try to use the Ejyad Parking at the back of the Abraj Bait next to Ejyad Tunnel for short stays OR use Makkah Towers parking for even shorter ones. Ejyad will cost you US$2.66/hour or part there of while the Makkah Tower parking (if available) will run you US$5.33/hour. Free parking is available at Kudai Parking, directions for which you can get from the hotel reception. A taxi ride to Kudai Parking will cost you approximately US$4 - $6 one way.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family