“Very good- would recommend ”
Review of Elaf Kinda Hotel

Elaf Kinda Hotel
Ranked #21 of 378 Hotels in Mecca
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We arrived at Elaf Kinda at 7:00am and were pleased to find that the hotel had been renovated and upgraded since our last visit which was in 2001.
The check in time was 2:00pm though but thankfully they gave us a temporary room to store our luggage and to rest.
One of the main reasons why this hotel is good is because it is close to the haram. Also it is near lots of eating places and shopping malls such as the Hilton mall and Al Bait shopping centre.
The breakfast was quite good with nice croissants and tea.
The room- well, we are a family of 5 and we were expecting 3 or 4 beds but instead we got 2 rooms so we were very happy with that. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were spacious.
The hotel was clean and spotless. Also just outside the hotel there is a carpeted praying area if you can't make it to the haram in time.
However, I have one complaint which is why I gave this hotel a 4 star instead of a 5. We stayed for 7 days, for 3 days, even after calling housekeeping multiple times they didn't clean our room and make our beds. Apart from that I have no other complaints.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anybody and it is great value for money. If it weren't for that 1 complaint this hotel would be a five star.
Thank you for taking your time to read this review. I hope you find this review informative and helpful.
By Yumna aged 12

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Very nice hotel, excellent interiors and walking distance from King Abdul Aziz Gate of the Haram. The breakfast buffet was lavish and close by are many fast food places like Burger King etc.Comfortable stay we had booked two rooms as my parents for travelling with us.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Mmmmm the food was excellent. This made my stay for sure.
There is so much construction and changes happening that makes it so much more challenging to fulfill ones duties. The place you call Home for the period your are here needs to really offer the conveniences so needed.
The Kinda will always be among my first choices for accommodation in Makkah

Shukran to management and staff.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Shadley A
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Positive
The best thing about the hotel is location. Just couple of minutes walk from Gate Malik Abdul Aziz. Considering we have young kids, it was very convenient for you to move from hotel to Haram and vice versa. - They are flexible in Check out time and you can check out later than mentioned timing of 12 - Rooms was clean contrary to my expectations. - Considering this hotel to be in Mecca, i never had high expectation from it and i would stay in it again due to its location. You can find good food court in the mall next to the hotel.
Negatives
Check in time was mentioned 4 pm. We reached at 3.45pm and room was not ready and had to wait till 4.30. The receptionist told us that 4 does not mean that room will be ready exactly at 4. - Shower drainage is very poor. I read the same complaint from another guest so this seems to be common problem in this hotel . However the house keeping helped on this matter couple of time

Overall i believe that this hotel is the best within this price range in Mecca and i will strongly recommend it to the people who want to stay near haram and have tight budget.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Sightseer2010
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stay here for 7days with a tipple bed room. Good services and excellence breakfast. Its in the side of main clock tower building but still within the haram area but not facing towards the kabaa. Room rate about SR 850 that time.

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank Nadeem-Anwar
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed here with my two daughters in a room for three (but contains 4 beds), and my husband and son in another room for 2. We stayed from 5th June to 10th June. This hotel is near the masjidil haram and just beside the Zam Zam Tower building. So location-wise it was great. I love meal times because the restaurant served food close to our heart, Malay food so we had a good time during meal. In terms of rooms, the decor colour could be a little bit more brighter, as I think the dark brown colour of the curtains made the rooms look smaller, and with dark coloured furniture of cupboards, dressing table and chairs and table, and dark brown carpet, it made the room smaller. I think if they had used brighter colours like cream, light brown or white for furniture, and brighter coloured curtains like cream, light blue/green/brown, it would make the room seems bigger. What I like most is the toilet/bathroom as we can perform ablution/wudhu' at the main pipe in the shower room, we don't have to do it at the washbasin like in most hotels.
The location of the hotel is the main attraction as it just take less than 3 min to reach the masjidil haram, that's the most important thing. And also the 5 elevators that served the guests are quite fast, so there's no problem of getting into the lift even if we are late for solat at the masjidil haram.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank muslimahSingapore
Reviewed 5 May 2013

It has prefect location and very friendly staff. I stayed there for one night and the staffs at the reception were very helpful.

My booking was for 1st may and check in time is 16:00, I arrived on 2nd May 8:00, so almost I had only 4 fours to stay in my room as the checkout time is 12:00.

They were very kind to count my stay from 2nd May, so by that I had a full day stay plus early check in. I think this enough to show their cooperation with customers and understanding their circumstances.

The breakfast price 50 Riyal and the size of the buffet is average, but comparing to the price it very good, as I paid more 50 Riyal in other hotels and got below the average buffet.

I agree the room is small, but it was fine with me, because it was clean and neat and that what matter for me. Also, the whole hotel is clean with pleasant aroma in all areas.

There is one problem, but the source of problem is the hotel. The problem was hotel phone number as I was calling them many times and no one was picking the phone.

When I arrived the first thing I did to show my call logs on mu mobile to the receptionist and asked him is the number is right and he replied yes.

Then, I asked why no one is answering the calls, he replied that due to ongoing construction works their phone line is affected and they don’t know when it will be fixed, as it is beyond their reach. Moreover, due to the same problem the Wi-Fi is only available in lobby.

He advised the best way to communicate is by fax or email.

I will go back again to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo