“Magnetic?”
Review of Black Stone

Black Stone
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Mecca
More attraction details
Owner description: This holy stone is the eastern cornerstone of the Kaaba, the ancient stone building towards which all Muslims pray. Many Muslims believe that the stone (originally white but now black from absorbing the sins of man) fell from heaven during the time of Adam and Eve.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

As pilgrims, we seem to be fixated with and hypnotised by the Black Stone. I believe it is magnetic? We fight with each other to touch it. As Kaaba symbolises all aspects of life, I wonder what the Black Stone stands for. Maybe our worldly desires and ambitions?

3  Thank FiddlingTravelNotes

Reviewed 14 May 2014

It would be a great pleasure to see it or touch it but unfortunately on my trip I couldn't go near it or see it with the crowds, its also not good for women or men but especially women to push by people to get seeing it or touching it.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

AllhamduLillah performed Umrah in April this year, cant even express the feeling. I have been able to kiss the Stone twice during my 7 day stay in Mecca. I would advice not to try reaching during busy times because you will end up pushing and hurting fellow muslims and this alone takes away the whole essence of performing Umrah. My advice is to observe while at hotel or sitting inside Haram what is the most quite time around Holy Kaaba, it might during the very hot part of the day but most of the people will be resting due to heat.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Keep your faith and make an effort to reach the black stone. But please do not lose your humanity in this attempt. It’s also a great feeling the touch the heavenly black stone from a distance. I personally experienced that if you reach the black stone close with the grace of Almighty Allah, getting out from the pushing crowd is more difficult than getting in. I pray every Muslim gets the opportunity to visit this sacred place at least once in their life.

1  Thank aslamc
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed in Mecca for 4 nights and arrived by dawn; each and every time I took a thought of approaching I find people are killing each other to get close to it... meanwhile when you are preforming Umrah you are not allowed to get angry or offend anyone so I kept away from this fights even though I wished I can get there and touch it.
However, the only way I found after a deep think is to be on the first line during the prayers and when the prayers is over you have to rush there... other than this it's almost impossible.

2  Thank Omar W