“Great hotel!”

Ranked #15 of 446 Speciality Lodging in Riyadh
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I was in Saudi on a business trip with several male colleagues and elected to stay at this hotel instead of the Intercontinental Hotel where the guys stayed in Riyadh. It was great and has one of the best spa facilities I've ever seen (and I've experienced a few throughout the world). I'm only sorry I didn't have more time to enjoy the facilities as I had a lot of meetings, etc that I had to attend. It was great to come back to the hotel at the end of a long day and relax. The staff are great - very friendly and willing to assist. Will definitely use again next time I have to travel to Riyadh.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Luthan, Manager at Luthan Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 October 2011
Dear Ms. Helen M,

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for reviewing the Luthan Hotel & Spa following your stay with us. Rest assured that all your positive comments will be shared with the team. Once again thank you for your response and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to Riyadh.

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Arabic first
Lyon, France
Reviewed 10 October 2011

This hotel is a blessing for all women who are coming to Riyadh on business or pleasure. This women’s only hotel is nestled in a hilltop that overlooks Riyadh with fabulous views of the Kingdom tower and a stone’s throw from the city centre. All I can say is that it is a breath of fresh air to be able to remove your abaya and headscarf from the moment you step into the hotel. The hotel is a small boutique hotel, beautifully decorated and furnished with a modern and arabesque touch. From the moment you step in you feel that the hotel has been designed for women, candles light up the lobby and curl up the mosaic tiled staircase. Chaises longues and pillowed sofas make relaxing chill out areas. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. I had a very funky baroque style shower room with a multi-jet massage shower. The towels and bath robes are thick white and fluffy. The hotel has free high speed wireless internet throughout the hotel. I stayed for a week and managed to use the wonderful first class Spa facilities. If you want to imagine being an Arabian princess then you should try it out. The spa is soo zen. The swimming pool is just divine, lit by candles, with Jacuzzi corners . After a good swim, I used a hot salt inhalation room, sat on a turquoise and gold tiled rounded bench. I tried the equally stunning steam room and a herbal inhalation room, the tiles they have used are really so beautiful and tastefully done. I did one Yoga class and used the gym facilities one evening, there is no music so bring your i-pod (in Saudia Arabia there is never music playing anywhere). I also had the pleasure of having an Ayurvedic relaxing massage, their massage table is slightly heated and the experienced masseuse pulled all the tensions out of me. I only tried one restaurant, for breakfast and dinner with healthy food options. All in all it is one of those hotels that you talk about to your friends and it is an experience to remember. I have recommended to all my female colleagues to choose this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank comillasmand
Dubai
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I was in Saudi Arabia for a business trip and my company put me in a Ladies only hotel because they thought I'd feel more comfortable, being European and all.
The hotel is fabulous, it is a small boutique hotel, truly Ladies only and one can literally let her hair down there. The room I stayed in was beautiful, mosaic tiles on the floor (no yucky carpet), tasteful red/white decor, bath with large bathtub and mirror. Fluffy robes and towels that did NOT smell of chloride cleaner and friendly service.
I had a few hours to enjoy the pool and steamrooms - but there's a full spa, health club and salon as well. The food at the restaurant is limited to a few choice items but both dinner and breakfast were excellent.
Ladies! if you are travelling to Riyadh - this is the place to stay!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank EvaS83
Dear Ms. EvaS83,

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for reviewing the Luthan Hotel & Spa following your stay with us. Rest assured that all your positive comments will be shared with the team and we hope to see you again at our hotel very soon.

jeddah
Reviewed 19 May 2011

I loved everything. It is so relaxing. I loved the fuit bowl and the complementry massage. Only thing the limited variety in dinning. And also when we ordered something on the menu sometimes it wasn't available.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Maryoma
Dear Ms. Maryoma,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of Luthan Hotel & Spa. Your feedback allows us to take measures in order to improve our service. With regards to the limited variety in dinning, your comments have been passed onto our Executive Chef. I very much hope that when you return to Riyadh in the future, you will stay with us again and experience the new dining options with our recently appointed Executive Chef.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Luthan Hotel & Spa very soon.

Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I was worried when my niece told me she had to visit Riyadh. I live in Saudi Arabia and enjoy the differences, but I am protective of my niece. I remembered reading about the Lutheran Hotel and suggested she stay there. She had a really good experience. The hotel sent a car to meet her at the airport (quite often that can be a worry if you are left stranded). The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The staff made her welcome and anything she requested was no trouble at all. She needed credit for her phone - they sent out and got her a card and delivered it to her room. She enjoyed the spa and had a complimentary massage. She was happy with the breakfast provided. The hotel can arrange a driver to take you in safety to wherever you need to be. This is not just a ladies hotel with a fabulous spa, but a business woman's hotel with all that is needed for the professional business woman. My niece said she felt safe there - and that is good enough for me.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Desertblossom

Paris, France
Reviewed 28 April 2011

I visited the spa cause i was invited for a spa day relaxation;the hotel is not as big as you think , the food is not delicious , there is no variety of food , only a choice between two plates!!The fish wasn't fresh !!!; the majority of the staff don't understand English very well , or don't speak French at all ! Only spa Receptionist speaks French. which made me feel at least like im at my home.
At Luthan Hotel you can enjoy only the Spa Area , the lovely Philippians Charm of MAGIC HANDS , the helpful and responsible Bazma

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank hhhhhhh11
Luthan, Manager at Luthan Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 16 July 2011
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of Luthan Hotel & Spa. Your feedback allows us to take measures in order to improve our service. With regards to the food variety, your comments have been passed onto our Executive Chef. I very much hope that when you return to Riyadh in the future, you will stay with us again and experience the new dining options with our recently appointed Executive Chef.

Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Is the best hotel hotel in Arabia Saudia. I will go there everytime when I have spare time. High quality services for few money. And what is very important the hotel is very clean.
I tried some hotels in Jedd-ah and Riyadh , but this is the best.
I want to say thank you so much for the welcoming,, all of you, and special thanks to Mis Basima who made me love the spa .I will recommend this Hotel to my colleagues .

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business