“Riyadh hotel”

Mercure Value Riyadh
Ranked #69 of 209 Hotels in Riyadh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Arabic first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here for a week in May on business. Upsides: very friendly staff, excellent food (the buffet was always hot and tasty), spacious, comfortable rooms, the Grenada Mall just over the road and not a difficult drive from the airport. Downside - a faint smell of drains on entering my room which soon passed, and the building site outside.

This is quite a stylish hotel, with the boat shape of the building giving the inside a pleasant feel that is a welcome change from the usual boxes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here in Jan 2014 on a business trip. Room rent was a tad bit high but decided to go ahead with the hotel due to the central location. I only had to walk to attend the business meeting.
Room service and food quality was good. I would always go for this hotel in Riyadh if available.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
edinburgh
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This hotel was excellent for a woman alone in Riyadh. The staff could not have been better they were kind polite and helpful. My BA flight was very late in arriving and the car the hotel sent was not able to wait they were very apologetic and kind to me. I was given a little suite on the second floor with a sitting room and a separate bedroom so that was ideal. The room was comfortable and everything worked. Excellent free Wi-Fi meant I could easily communicate with my family as well as my company for work. The dining room was pleasant and the food was good, large variety both at breakfast and dinner. Very clean and well maintained. I will be going back there and recommend it to business colleagues. It is near to the airport however quite far out of town but taxi services great just ensure you leave plenty of time if you have meetings in town.
The boat shape is quirky and fun and the shopping mall is lovely I found it easy to walk to and around as long as I kept on my headscarf I had no issues at all.

Room Tip: All rooms look onto the outside, the road can be noisy so take ear plugs
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Have spent almost 3 months in this giant boat shaped 4-star hotel......the rooms are nice and spacious......service is good, staff is very polite and courteous......the breakfast spread is pretty decent.......there's a big shopping mall at walking distance from the hotel which one can explore for shopping and for additional dining options......transportation too is quite convenient and one can get cabs without much of a hassle......there is wi-fi and lan internet facility but the internet would go off for a few mins every now and then......

The only downside is that it is a bit too overpriced......and so it's not the best place to stay if you're paying yourself for the accommodation......even the airport pickup/drop charge is almost double of what a normal cab would charge......

Barring the pricing, everything is great.......

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed at the giant boat hotel from 25-October to 9-November 2013. I arrived and checked in quite late but was met with pleasant, professional and expedient registration. I had a room on the first floor, which included breakfast daily.

Upon arrival to the room I was impressed with its size- completely separate living and sleeping areas. Also I was surprised at how horrible the room smelled, if I didn't know any better I'd have sworn that someone was smoking in the room just before I got there. I was extremely tired from the long flight so I elected to tolerate the smell instead of complaining or changing rooms.

Pros:
Large Room
Comfortable Bed
Nice location - walking distance to a large mall with several places to eat
Room Service- Quick and friendly staff however food is mediocre.
House Keeping- did a very nice job of cleaning my room daily and even sprayed something to help with the foul cigarette odor!
Breakfast buffet- Decent yet boring. The same items every day start to get old.

Cons:
Ancillary staff- I tried to hire a driver on my 7th or 8th day at this hotel. The representative at the car for hire desk was absolutely rude and impatient with me as I tried to explain my need. He also claimed not to speak English, however spoke very good English when he told me to "go away I can't help you". He may not be an employee of Mercure but certainly tarnishes the hotel's image.
Claiming LeClub points at checkout- I was told by the front desk rep that I didn't qualify for Mercure/Accor LeClub points because my employer reserved and paid for the room. I have never EVER at any other hotel been denied points on my hotel membership because of my employer paying for the room. The points typically go to the person whose name is on the reservation - in this case, ME! After experiencing this I doubt I will stay at an Accor hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
CEO186338, Manager at Mercure Value Riyadh, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very Much for your comments, we really appreciate that,

I would like to extend my deep apology for the inconvenience during your stay regarding the room smell and the rent car staff, and the breakfast

regarding the Le club points, I would like to ask you - kindly - to contact me directly on fom@mercurevaluehotel.com to find out the Eligibility of your stay and points, after that for sure we will enroll your points

thank you and waiting for your e-mail