“Good hotel, pleasant staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya
Ranked #9 of 225 Hotels in Riyadh
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I recently spent five nights at this hotel. I checked in at about 2am, the gentleman at the desk was very pleasant, polite and quickly checked me in to a room on the 7th floor facing the back of the building. The room was decent, albeit relatively tight. There was a drip of water that was coming from a pipe in the ceiling/AC that kept dripping all night and woe me up. When I mentioned it to reception in the morning I was immediately given a new room which happened to be a suite. This room was about 3 x the size on the 2nd floor. Staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Buffet breakfast was pretty good, with a mix of Western and middle eastern cuisine, lots of fresh fruit, fresh fruit juices and the usual eggs etc. I had the dinner salad and dessert buffet one night which was pretty good, didn't see what the main dishes were like but the dessert was pretty good.
Overall this was a good business hotel, with good, FREE wifi connection, and was close to the business trips I needed to make. There are two supermarkets near by, some other shops, a few restaurants offering a variety of foods and a couple pharmacies. It is also next door to Budget rent a car. If I were in Riyadh again and had business in this area I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank mrmark
Christian H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear mrmark,

I highly appreciate your feedback given on TripAdvisor, getting direct feedback through TripAdvisor is a great way for us to secure we are focusing on your needs as a guest in our hotel.

Thank you very much for your detailed review of the hotel, its facilities and our staff. We pride ourselves on level of service and I’m happy to that we have managed to make your stay so pleasant.

Dear mrmark, let me once again thank you for staying with us while in Riyadh, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Very friendly, excellent service, very nice restaurants & best interaction with their guests.

Very convenient location, close to all main roads, easy to reach.

They have an acceptable gym, business center and huge lounge for business meeting

Stayed: November 2013

Dear Mohammed Y,

Thank you for choosing to stay with Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya during your visit to Riyadh, and for taking time to share your review with us.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and your positive comments on the services, facilities and our staff and highly appreciated.It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible.

Dear Mohammed Y, let me once again thank you for your feedback and I would be very happy to welcome you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya in the near future.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Staff in the Hilton Garden Inn Olaya are well mannered and the customer service is excellent. I believe this is the first time I am receiving good service in this region. I want to recommend Zainuddeen and the rest of the staff in the canteen/reception for a job well done. Keep up with the good team effort and professional service you all providing.

Ladi B

1  Thank ladi B

Dear Ladi B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your evaluation of our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We strive every day to ensure our guests have a wonderful service and a marvellous time at our Hotel and it is extremely encouraging for someone to tell us.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. It really means a lot to me and to everyone on our staff. I also want to let you know that your comments have been passed on to Zainuddeen and the rest of the staff.

Dear Ladi B, I hope to be able to welcome you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya in the near future.

Best regards,

A TripAdvisor Member
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This shouldn't be a Hilton Hotel, is damaging the brand! The hotel is not clean, the rooms are bad, the connects as well. There isn't activities for the business woman that are travelling in that area. You can't go to Gym, to hair, there isn't a spa, you don't have security to go to a mall like you have in others hotels in Saudi.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Christian H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Ms Fernandes,

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am truly sorry to read about your great dissatisfaction during your stay and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointments you have expressed.

Certain facilities, such as hairdressing, lady gym, spa, mall security provided by the hotel are not part of the Hilton Garden Inn concept. There are several differentiations between a Hilton Garden Inn and a Hilton Hotel

However we are constantly upgrading our facilities to exceed guest expectations. Just to mention a few:

- Ladies in room workout in order to comply with local laws
- New/upgraded pool area which is highly appreciated by our guest
- Improved gym area by adding few equipments like TRX and spinning bike
- Upgraded TV channels offering with OSN and Al Jazeera channels
- New menu with enhanced offer of international cuisine
- Improved free Internet capacity

Ms. Fernandes, we do pride ourselves on our exceptionally high standard of service, which is reflected in almost every Tripadvisor review and I sincerely hope you will not judge us solely on the basis of this particular experience.

Shortcoming such as room cleanliness are unacceptable for a Hilton Garden Inn and has already been discussed with my Executive Housekeeper and I personally take tours of the hotel twice a day to make sure we provide a high level of hygiene and cleanliness.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Have stayed here before but feel this hotel has gone downhill. Perfectly presentable, very pleasant staff but very, very basic. Very much a business hotel so I expect a stocked mini-bar rather than an empty fridge - one has to go back down to the 'pantry' in reception to get a Coke, not ideal having only just checked in and gone up to the room. Bar and restaurant serviceable but, again, average. Bedroom was old and tired with the world's noisiest A/C. Ditto the bathroom, one had to run around under the shower to get wet. Was it an awful stay? No. Could it have been so much better with just a few minor touches for which I would willingly pay more? Absolutely. If your needs are minimal then stay here but there must be dozens of better hotels in Riyadh.

1  Thank twa203
Christian H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Riyadh, and for taking time to share your views on TripAdvisor.

I am very concerned about your comment, that the hotel is going downhill, therefore would like to take the opportunity to highlight the latest improvements to continually improve our property.
- New/upgraded pool area which is highly appreciated by our guest
- Improved gym area by adding few equipments like TRX and spinning bike
- Upgraded TV channels offering with OSN and Al Jazeera channels
- New menu with enhanced offer of international cuisine
- Improved Internet speed

We can certainly stock your Minibar, which underlines our individualized and personal service level. Please let us know prior to your next arrival in order to provide such service. You certainly don’t have to serve yourself once you are in your guest room, since we are one of the few Hilton Garden Inns worldwide which provides 24/7 room service.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the AC and will follow up with our Engineering department why it couldn’t be fixed immediately or a different room should have been provided to you.

I would appreciate if you give us another chance to prove that the Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya is able to deliver the service you expect.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Riyadh and Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya shortly and thanking you once again for valuable comments.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Good hotel, with excellent service, excellent restaurant, good rooms which are clean, spacious and comfortable except for the quietness (some noise coming from the outsite due to an airco compressor just in front of the window).

1  Thank gloubi95
Christian H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear gloubi95,

Let me first of all extend my gratitude for your time spent on sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor, guest feedback is crucial in our quest for continued progress of our service delivery, and only by focusing on our guest’s needs, we will be able to succeed.

Reading your review I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed our rooms, service, and Restaurant. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that may have occurred with regards to the AC noise during your stay.

Once again thank you for reviewing our hotel and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Riyadh and the Hilton Garden Inn Riyadh Olaya in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Very nice and efficient personell, while the look of the lobby, restaurant and forniture in general seems to be old or look like that. The hotel is clean and well aranged. Rooms have also this old look and watch out not to be given a backyard room. It is very nosy due to the air condition machineries. Very annoying. A positive stay

1  Thank Simone P

Dear Simone P,

Reading your review I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay in general.

I have noted your comments regarding our furniture and would like to assure you that we are already in process of upgrading and updating a lot of areas in the hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that may have occurred with regards to the AC noise during your stay.

Warm regards,