Executives Olaya Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsolaya streetkingdom towerexecutive hotelindoor poolfood courtbusiness stayexercise roomhealth clubfront office staffwell equipped gymexcellent hotelcomfortable roomsbusiness traveleran upgradehotel is locatedwifiksa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I always try and stay here when on business in Riyadh. The hotel is centrally located .the rooms are large clean quiet and well air-conditioned Good customer service.The breakfast has a good choice and they'll cook you up an omelette on request.
Thanks to hotels.com for providing the best prices.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Location is great across from a couple of malls and on a busy street. Transportation is readily available. Rooms are just ok. I got the boiler room view I think. Room service is mediocre and over priced. I had the noodles which were just some unseasoned veg with a couple of chicken strips. The creame caramel was clearly from a mix! Come on anybody can make creame caramel! Breakfast is full of frozen items like chicken nuggets and canned baked beans. Yuck!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I always try and stay here when on business in Riyadh. The hotel is centrally located near Kingdom Tower and the rooms are large, quiet and well air-conditioned. I often get up-graded to a suite as well! There is wireless and the staff are attentive. The breakfast has a good choice and they'll cook you up an omelette on request. All in all a good business hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Customer service is not something they aspire to in this hotel. They have had zero training on how to look after customers. It feels like they almost dont care about you or any concern you may have during your stay. Plus the rooms are stuffy and aged while the breakfast is pretty awful and stale. You are much better off staying at either the Ibis hotel or the Novotel which are both just 2-3 minutes walking distance from this venue. If you do stay here, dont use the laundry service; you may never see your clothes again.

Room Tip: They are all equally shabby.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Stayed in this hotel earlier this week for 2 nights when I was traveling to Riyadh for a business trip. It is definitely one of the worst experiences I've ever had. Bottom line: Don't stay here & definitely don't trust the older reviews that mentions that this is an OK business hotel.

I've arrived the hotel after midnight and I have arranged for an airport pick up. Unfortunately I had some issues with my trip so I arrived 4 hours later than scheduled which obviously meant I have missed my arranged airport pick up, and the hotel would obviously charge me for it any how for "no show", which is totally understandable. However what I don't understand is that they tried to charge me double the amount because "the driver decided to wait for me another hour in the airport" !!! I have of course declined this and didn't pay this unrealistic cost!

I have stayed at the 3rd floor which is the "Royal Suite" section, and it's terrible. Very noisy corridors from the AC's. The rooms are horrible. The furniture is so old, and so ugly, I guess my grandmother's furniture (who passed away 15 years ago) used to look nicer!
The bed is uncomfortable at all, sleep quality is very bad. Some stains in the sofas and on some of the bed sheets. Although I've stayed in a non-smoking room, the room overall got this dusty feeling and it got some cigarette smell, even the clean towels have a smell of cigarettes, the sofas also got some cigarette stains.

The hotel gives you a very depressing feeling, the staff are generally depressed and it's obvious that they were never trained on how to deal with guests. The worst of all was the guy in charge of the breakfast buffet, he had this upset face all the time and never smiled to a single guest.

The breakfast is really really bad, un-tasty, and cold. Your best option is the fresh eggs that are cooked in front of you however everything else is bad.

On my last day when I wanted to check out and as I was leaving the elevator towards the reception desk, I was about to slip on the floor as it was very wet and they never put a sign that "cleaning is in progress" or "mind your step" or "slippery wet floor". When I asked them to put that sign so other guests won't slip they seemed to be very surprised about my request. When I told the reception, they never really seemed to care and the guy just nod his head and said "ok ok" !!

Most likely you will learn about this hotel either by your client who decided to book you here or if you have a branch for your company in Riyadh then some smart admin employee will recommend it for you. Either ways, avoid this hotel.

You have a very good alternative which I will use for sure in my next trip to Riyadh, it is the IBIS hotel. It is in the same street, just 7 buildings away from this one, and it is brand new, modern, clean, with friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business