“Average”

Ranked #73 of 218 Hotels in Riyadh
barcelona
“Average”
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Staff not overwhelmingly friendly. Poor breakfast selection, although there is a cook to prepare eggs and derivates. Quite rooms (because there is almost no window or a tiny one). I was lucky with the small but neat and very clean bathroom. My colleagues had not hot water for 2 days.
Advantage: free internet access in the rooms. Safe mid-sized. Door of the room with a large gap at the bottom, giving strong illumination during the night.
In order to ghet to the sauna you have to cross part of the garage and then wait for the sauna to be started. Pool is large enough with very clean water.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank mbernal

Couples
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Hotel is nice but not too good for the price it charges.
Hotel age is visible at some places but hotel is very neat & clean.
Staff is supportive. Free internet is there & that too with good speed.
Food is good too

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Coral hotels in Saudi Arabia are generally very nice place to stay in. They are new, luxurious, cozy, with spacious rooms and comfy furniture. However, this particular one in Alhamra area in Riyadh lacks sunlight in it's rooms, very noisy with sounds of machines and air-conditions operators, inexperienced staff and not so impressive breakfast area.
I would recommend other Coral hotels, but not this one.

Room Tip: The rooms are not good for claustrophobic and those who like natural light. A/C unit noise gets te...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Fujey-15
South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Coral Al Hamra may be a great place for men. For women, hmmm. Let's start with the positives. The rooms are large and well appointed. The bathrooms are great. There was one helpful young Saudi man on the front desk who was pleasant and obliging. Okay, that's it for the positives.

The negatives far outweighted the positives. We are two Western women, in Riyadh on business. It was arranged that the hotel driver would pick us up from the airport. And he was there waiting for us - and took one look and walked off. We waited, and we waited, and we waited. Ninety minutes later we caught a cab. Not without trepidation considering the travel warnings current for Saudi Arabia in our home country. Afterwards, we were treated to a range of excuses, none of which were very credible. This driver seemed to be permanently assigned. He did not once meet us at the prearranged time, and was often over an hour late. He was rude and, when driving us to the airport, let us off at the wrong terminal.

In the hotel, things were not much better, except when the pleasant young Saudi man was on the front desk. The other front desk employee was rude and unhelpful. He made a mistake with the bill, charging my credit card and refused to correct it, giving me Saudi currency instead. Just what I need when going to the airport.

During our stay, when either of us rang the front desk, the call was never answered. We would have to go down to the front desk in person. We ate at the restaurant quite a bit for convenience, but the menu was adequate rather than inspiring.

We have been to Riyadh again, but I flatly refused to stay at the Coral Al Hamra again. The other hotel did not have nice large rooms, but smiles and pleasant service make up for a lot. Riyadh is not an easy place for Western women. We have to accept that we cannot use hotel pools and gymnasiums, we have to dress "appropriately" and it is strange to feel like a non-person. But when a hotel is getting money to provide service, then service should be provided.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank PT_Travel_Bug
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 16 March 2012

In a business trip to Riyadh, I stayed in Coral Al Hamra (two nights).
Although the hotel is classified as 4 stars, but the Hotel is definitely better than many of the 5 stars hotels in the area and of value.
The location is almost in the middle of the city, where transport is available to any where by taxis. The hotel is clean, the room was large and contains all what you need.
The restaurant is small but acceptable. Many restaurants are available around the hotel.
The value of the room is worth the stay definitely.
I strongly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank HaniMustafa
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Stayed there for a business trip and workshop in Riyadh just last week. The hotel's location is perfect. Basically everything you need from grocery, fast food, dining outlets, even shopping malls are within a short walk or short drive. There is an underground parking the entrance of which (and exit for that matter) are tricky. In the parking lot you find the reasonably well stocked gym (nothing fancy but just good for a regular user and no good for serious body builders)! There is sauna, steam room and indoor swimming pool all of which I did not have time to use. The rooms are spacious (at least mine was), well decorated with some quality furniture and lighting. The bathroom was also good with some toiletry items. The hotel's only restuarant is located in the lobby and I had breakfast couple of times there. The food is not good at all. The juice is canned juice poured into jars for their guests delight. The toaster is a joke (cold because most of the heating wires are burned, Kinwood personal home kitchen item!!). The internet is a big failure. During my 3 nights stay, it disconnected at least 3-4 times and almost for 12 hours one time however when it works it was wireless (or wired), speedy and efficient. The service is very poor and it seems that the people at the front desk need a lot of customer care and hospitality training. I wish they could smile or attend to their customer's issues. I do not usually bug front desk staff but I had to inquire about the internet outage (since I was working on a presentation) and the guy I spoke to did not apologize for the internet disconnection and blamed it on the technicians. I asked if he could inquire and call back, he never did. I called again (not after 5 min but after 2 hours) he did not apologize for failing to call me back but instead said I still do not have an answer for you!!! I just could not understand why they have that kind of attitude. Having said that, Coral Al Hamra is no exception as it is the "norm" in Saudi Arabian Hospitality facilities I visited.

In summary for a business traveler who is looking for business facilities such as business center, reliable internet, speedy and efficient service, this is not your hotel. However, if you are out most of the day and you basically need a bed and breakfast, this is ideal for you!

Room Tip: Verify if the internet connection is still a problem!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Travelkit2011
Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 December 2011

If you are a woman don't bother staying here. While the rooms are clean, the beds comfortable and the bathrooms tidy, there is a tiny window smaller than a toilet window that looks out onto bare concrete. Women aren't allowed to use the pool or gym. The guy at reception has no concept of serivice and makes you wait everyday to get our room key updated (I have no idea why)...but worst of all the guy always hid around the corner wall when he saw me coming so I would be forced to stand and wait for him for many minutes to get my key. Sometimes the food was ok but they frequently didn't have things on the menu and worst of all there were always small additional charges sneaked onto the restaurant bills. And whenever I disputed them they made lame excuses and reused to change back to the price stated on the menu. No English language tv and idiots who do the vacuum cleaning outside your bedroom at 11pm.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business