“Average hotel”

Ranked #38 of 210 Hotels in Riyadh
Dublin
“Average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We went on a business trip and had a tough time through immigration and headed to the hotel. Front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful during our 2:00 am arrival but overall the rooms were a bit grim in my opinion. No bathtub and quite small rooms. Mine was partially facing a brick wall and then partially some apts beside us. You would not leave the curtains open. Breakfast buffet was decent but I never had other meals there as it was more of a cafe than restaurant. The surrounding area surprised me with a dew upmarket malls and then open sites and quite a low standard of buildings for such a wealthy country. Front desk had a hotel care for journeys to a conference which was expensive but well worth it for women travelling for business. You need to be firm and agree prices with a taxi before getting in one as foreign women. One taxi from the expo centre wanted to charge twice what the hotel driver charged to take us home so I walked away until I could find someone to take us for a decent price. Its ok for a night but I would upgrade to a better hotel if I was a women over for business.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Suite Novotel R, General Manager at Novotel Suites Riyadh Olaya, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback about our hotel.
We apprecaite your kind words about the front desk associates, and apologize for the bad experience with the local taxis .

We hope to see you again in your upcoming visit to RIyadh.

Best regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

On my first ever visit to KSA, I booked myself into this hotel on recommendation from my male colleagues even though the price was a bit over my budget. Considering my trepidation over being a single woman visitor, I couldn't have made a better choice. Check in was a breeze, I was upgraded to a spacious suite and the bed quite comfy. Pleasantly surprised by the choice of English entertainment on the Telly. I felt v safe and well taken care as all the staff were courteous and attentive. Location is v central as well though I was wary of venturing out on my own. Breakfast was good quality with plenty of choices. As I was checking out v early, the dining staff packed a breakfast to go for me, I really appreciated that. Check out was a small mixup as they printed invoice for the wrong room, but it was sorted out quick. Taxis can be arranged from the hotel which is v convenient. All in all a pleasant experience and recommended

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Lakshmi P
Suite Novotel R, General Manager at Novotel Suites Riyadh Olaya, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and positive feedback about our hotel and associates.
We were very happy to know of your impression about our hotel , and we look forward to have you with us in your next visit to Riyadh, hoping it will be as pleasant as the previous one .
Best Regards.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

It is a new hotel in Riyadh, Comfortable for a business trip (I have been there for 6 nights). It is very clean, breakfast very good and you can find all the comfort you need. Staff is nice and ready to provide informationa nd support. Wifi was warking not properly and they solved issue in a few minutes

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Suite Novotel R, General Manager at Novotel Suites Riyadh Olaya, responded to this review, 11 January 2015
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, and we appreciate your overall positive feedback about our hotel.
Please accept our sincere apology for the delay in responding due to a technical issue.
We look forward to host you again with us in the near future .
Best regards,
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

we booked for a suite, location is good, staff are friendly but they are not that good specially if you're holding the loyalty program card for accor hotels, they had no clue how to find my reservation while i have the confirmed number in my email and it was sent as sms to my phone too!
the TV was small! breakfast was poor but not bad, all rooms without bathtub even the suites,
this hotel is better than other on olaya street specially with a good price so i recommend it

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but try to get a room with better view on olaya street to enjoy the view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Suite Novotel R, General Manager at Novotel Suites Riyadh Olaya, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback and kind comments about our staff friendliness.
As for their knowledge in LeClub, i have shared your comments with the Department heads concerned and we should be doing refresher training to enhance their general knowledge of the program.
We look forward to host you with us during your upcoming visit to Riyadh.
Best Regards.