Holiday Inn Riyadh-Olaya
US$135
US$128
US$134
US$128
All reviewsihg memberfifth floorroom servicefruit basketbusiness hotelexecutive loungerooms are clean and spaciousnice hotelfront desk managerbusiness tripthe location is perfecthotel is locatedshort staydinner buffeteasy accessnice roomgym
Reviewed 16 July 2014

the hotel is located at Riyadh center with a very good services and very helpful staff starting from the bellboy who offered me to park my car without asking for this service reaching to reception staff
complimentary internet service

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
JamilBakhosGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh-Olaya, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Bander A,
Greeting from Holiday Inn Riyadh Olaya!
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share with us your comment about the hotel and staff ,
We are very pleased to know that staying in our hotel was a great experience and that you enjoyed our facilities!
We look forward to welcome you back with us in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The location of this place is superb. It is right besides the computer street and the next best thing is there is a Mosque right next to the hotel, so it is very convenient especially during this holy month of Ramadan.

I checked out just a couple of days back from here and would say the service was average. Firstly, I thought the Room service dept was understaffed, they did not bother to let me know if I could get a free upgrade for my status and if NOT why? I understand it is not obligatory for the hotel but at least if they said we cannot give an upgrade this time as the hotel is full that would have been fine.

But last week (10/07/2014) I understood that the hotel was only at 70% occupancy so I guess they just didn't care to take the time....!?!

I normally have some fruits kept in the room, at least something, but this time the room was barren - empty nothing complimentary to be seen except for the small water bottles.

The iron board was missing from action and I had to request for it to be brought in.

The gym now has become super tiny. I liked staying here previously becuase the gym was good with weights, benches, etc., with some space too.....BUT now the gym has become super tiny that they only have the treadmills in place and some other stuff by the corner and the workers have to walk past you if you doing your floor workouts!!!

There is just no space in the GYM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DISASTER...!!!

The gym staff are that friendly and they just don't care!! The first time I was there, they were lying through their teeth and saying they close at 11PM, but at Ramadan 2014 they should close at 1 AM. How can we workout immediately after breaking our fast, so their timing should be extended and they say they close at 11 PM.....Goodness....!!!

The only place where things went well was with the limousine Airport drop. The car was nice, the driver was good and I reached the Airport on time......The rest of the experience at the hotel was just Average....

ONE THING I constantly notice at this hotel is there are no bell boys who help you get your luggage.....everytime I was here I never saw any Human being help me or an other guest with out luggage at the time of check-in. TRULY appalling NOT IHG standard!!

I recommend you stay here for the location and not the service or other amenities -- that is In short, Don't expect much from this place.

Cheers,
Syed M. H

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank syed h
JamilBakhosGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh-Olaya, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Syed H,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Riyadh-Olaya for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experience with us on trip advisor.

It was a great pleasure to read your pros and cons,

We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the service and the quality of product we offer to our guests

Looking forward to welcome you again on your next visit to Riyadh

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Well located hotel in Olaya district of Riyadh, close to the computer market. Decent restaurants around at walking distance.

Friendly staff, well sized rooms and the usual amenities one would expect with a Holiday Inn.

All in all a good hotel, but expensive.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sid A
JamilBakhosGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh-Olaya, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Sid A,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Riyadh Olaya for your recent stay .

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share with us your nice comments about hotel and staff.

It was a pleasure knowing that the location of the hotel, the service and the facilities were up to your expectations ,

Looking forward to host you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was the only Holiday Inn I had not stayed in in Riyadh.

The facilities are good, common areas are what you expect from a hotel of this chain.
Rooms are spacious and yes, one can open the window (they are usually locked).

Breakfast was fine although the breakfast area seemed not big enough and was really busy.

The swimming pool is not in a very good location and there is no shadow.

The service needs improvement which is a common comment guests have. E.g. I was given a smoking room without being asked beforehand...and I don't smoke.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank athensfan
JamilBakhosGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh-Olaya, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Daer Athensfan

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Riyadh-Olaya and for taking the time to share your experience with us on trip advisor.
It was a great pleasure to read your pros and cons,

We strive to make our guests experience one of the best, so please be sure that your feedback has been communicated to avoid future repeats.

Looking forward to welcome you again at Holiday Inn Riyadh-Olaya!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

My stay at The Holiday Inn was for 5 days and 4 nights. The location and ambience is great. Good room service, the staff is well-trained. must say I have had the best breakfast meals here.
You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SSR65
JamilBakhosGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh-Olaya, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Greetings from Holiday Inn Olaya Riyadh, Thank you for taking the time and sharing your wonderful comments about the experience during your stay at Holiday Inn Olaya Riyadh. It is our pleasure to note that you had enjoyed your stay and pleased with the provided services. Your positive comments and recommendation were highly appreciated and shared with our team members. This is our greatest reward from our valuable guests! We look forward to welcome you again on your next visit to Riyadh
Sincerely yours,