“royal,felt as a king”

Ranked #11 of 218 Hotels in Riyadh
New Delhi, India
“royal,felt as a king”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The pick and drop was arranged by the hotel in a Mercedes. The experience was royal. The hotel is one of the best in the world. Rooms were extremely spacious will almost all facilities one can ask for. had a wonderful view of the city from the room. Enjoyed the carrot juice at the buffet breakfast.

Room Tip: book well in advance as the hotel is always occupied
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
ARBHotelManager, General Manager at Al Faisaliah Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Kapeeshr,

Here at Al Faisaliah Hotel, A Rosewood Hotel we make every effort through our personalized service to make each and every guest feel like Royalty. I am touched that you not only felt this but that you also rate our hotel as one of the best in the world. It is extremely gratifying for our team to receive such feedback and it only encourages them to continually push the boundaries.

We hope that you plan another stay with us soon and look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Many new hotels are popping up in Riyadh, but the al-Faisaliah is still the best. The only hotel in Riyadh to offer a personal butler service to every guest (hotel or suites), the service is impeccable. It remains the 'hub' as a gathering spot for the who's who in Riyadh, as the lobby is famous as a meeting place (and the cappuccino and Arabic gahwa/coffee are the best). I've stayed in many hotels in Saudi Arabia over the years, and this still beats them all. Others are too chain reminiscent, outright a shambles, or over-the-top in gilt and velvet (the Ritz) and embarrassing for serious meetings. If you want glamour and French fluff, go elsewhere and pay the same. You won't get the service, atmosphere, bespoke care, or grand central hub of Riyadh, and none are interconnected (see below) as is the al-Faisaliah.

On this trip I stayed in both the suites wing (one week) and the hotel wing (second week). They are quite different although the service is superlative in both. The suites are quieter (lobby and surrounds), connect to the spa and La Cuccina, and are decorated in the 'boudoir' style of boutique hotels with rooms divided into different areas - some too cramped when opening wardrobe doors. Wifi is included with the rooms, but I was not keen on having the computer area right in front of the giant flat screen TV - much to harsh. Embedded TV screens in the bathroom mirrors were a great help if one needs to rely on European or Western news (and time differences).

The hotel side is still by far my favourite, as it's where everything happens. The rooms are spacious and well presented, but even these are getting a makeover this summer. I hope they keep the open plan well designed spacious bathrooms; these are what makes them fabulous! Here you have the business centre, several restaurants (don't eat anything before going to Il Terrazzo though - the food keeps on coming), and the famous lobby.

Both the suites and hotel connect directly to the tower (Globe and Entrecote restaurants), the al-Faisaliah Mall (Harvey Nichols and upscale shopping), and the King Faisal Foundation and al-Khozama Hotel.

Need anything in your room? Ask the butler to bring you a coffee machine, or tea kettle. Need bespoke breakfasts? Rely on your butler. Need the room re-arranged slightly or tweaked to your requirements? Go straight to the head of housekeeping, Fazil, who has been looking after the hotel for years and knows every preference you have. If you have other requests, Rami the concierge (hotel side) will get it done. Butlers Gopal (suites) and Osama (hotel) are excellent, and finally the hotel has brought back Mr. Alec Blair - the dedicated hotel manager from years ago. As Riyadh grows and competition attempts to sprout up, under his wing the al-Faisaliah will remain the first choice in Riyadh.

Room Tip: Tip: if you are staying on a Thursday or Friday, ask for a room in the central area. Wedding music i...
Dear Tanya_C_H,

Thank you for taking the time to complete such a detailed review on your recent stay with us here at Al Faisaliah Hotel and Al Faisaliah Suites, we truly appreciate it.

It is so rewarding for the entire team that you find our service impeccable and continue to rate us the best in Riyadh. As you highlighted competition is spouting up rapidly however we are fortunate that in addition to our prestigious location and luxurious facilities our biggest asset is our people who are diligent in pushing the boundaries in the art of personalized service. Thank you for recognizing the service provided by Fazil, Rami, Gopal and Osama, I will ensure your feedback is shared with them and their efforts recognized. I am very humbled with your kind comments regarding my leadership but I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful team.

Your Al Faisaliah family eagerly awaits your return to your home in Riyadh.

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I had a very good stay at the Faisaliah. The reception area is extremely tasteful, with a very nice café. It is an excellent place to meet people. Moreover, there is another café in the next room, which I also used for meetings, which was equally good. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I would specifically mentioned the concierge staff, which helped me quite a lot with the complicated logistics of colleagues arriving from various places. All was done efficiently and without problem. An individual butler is assigned to each room so everything is taken care of and the room is done when you want it to be done. Breakfast, which is not included, is an extensive buffet, with eggs made to order. Unlike other hotels, you don't have to stand around waiting for your special orders. You simply give the chef your table number (there are little cards on each table) and they will bring it to you. A very nice touch. Moreover, all the restaurants in the hotel are excellent.
The rooms are elegant and the bed is very comfortable. The shower was fantastic - and it was difficult to get out of it because it was so perfect! My only criticism was the air conditioning. The lights, curtains and ac were managed by an electric console next to the bed. The climate control had five settings. It wasn't possible to regulate by temperature as in most hotels. I found the middle setting much too cold for a winter stay and the next one down much too hot. The last night I was there I turned off the fan and this was much better. My colleagues also found the settings too cold or too hot.
The gym is excellent. The equipment is new and the staff is extremely helpful. While the gym is somewhat small it has everything you need for a good workout in very a pleasant environment. The gym looks out to a very pretty indoor pool with a waterfall. There is also a fantastic steam room and sauna.
The location of the hotel is really perfect. It connects to one of the main malls of Riyadh. It is an easy walk - less than ten minutes - to the Centria Mall and Prince Muhammed Ibn Abdulaziz Road, which is full of restaurants and cafes.
I was really very happy with my stay at the Faisaliah, as were all of my colleagues, and I will most definitely continue to stay here on future trips to Riyadh.

1 Thank Bagherailcane
Dear Bagherailcane,

Thank you for taking the time to share you recent experience here at Al Faisaliah Hotel, A Rosewood Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had a very good stay, enjoyed our facilities and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful, particularly the Concierge and Butlers. Our staff work hard to provide exceptional service and it gratifying when it is appreciated.

I am glad that you enjoyed of array of culinary offerings and that you specifically enjoyed the extensive breakfast buffet.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the room control system and the difficulty to regulate the room temperature, we are currently in the planning stages of a room refurbishment and we will ensure this is considered in the new design.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your colleagues back soon.

Istanbul Turkey
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Not a bad hotel but a little overrated. Can not say value for money, but very centerally located. A nice mall right next to it. I had a very bad experience with the noise in my second stay due to a maintanace in the lobby. Though they were quite helpful to solve it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Giobull
AlexPichelGM, General Manager at Al Faisaliah Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Giobull,

Thank you for taking the time complete a review following your recent stay at Al Faisaliah Hotel, A Rosewood Hotel. I apologize that you were disturbed by noise due to maintenance but was delighted that it was quickly resolved and that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and the benefits of our central location.

I am naturally disappointed that you found us "over-rated", the team works extremely hard to maintain and build upon our enviable reputation and I am disappointed that you did not feel this. I would welcome more detailed feedback on how we could have improved your experience at alex.pichel@rosewoodhotels.com.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I've been in Riyadh many times and I've been staying in many hotels. Al Faisaliah is my favourite one by far. The staff is impressive, they are nice, friendly, polite and anticipate any need you might have. Rooms are simply fantastic and very quite (if you stay on the King Abdul Aziz main road lower floors rooms can be noisy) what is really really good is the bathroom with a huge shower cabin and a fantastic bath tube, really first class. Only rooms that can compare to Al Faisaliah are the ones at Riz Carlton but Al Faisaliah is still better. Breakfast is usually not included and unfortunately is a little more expensive compared to Riyadh standards, quality and service are excellent, a live cooking station is ready to prepare any custom food and the cook is really clever. If you want to save money you can have breakfast at Costa or Starbucks coffee shops located at walking distance.
Restaurant are all very good, but the Brasilian one which I strongly suggest to avoid, simply because if you are familiar with Brasilian restaurants in your country you might be severely disappointed. Hotel is in a fantstic location in the heart of Riyadh attached to a Big fashion Mall and near to Thalia Street (Walking distance) the shopping area in Riyadh. Hotel offers limo service and pickup at airport. Few aspects to improve: taxi are not waiting for you out of the door you need to walk down to the main street to catch a public taxi. Restaurants are generally expensive

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
AlexPichelGM, Manager at Al Faisaliah Hotel, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Giuseppe F,

What an absolute pleasure to learn that we are your favorite hotel in Riyadh by far and that you find our staff and facilities impressive. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community.

I will share your comments with the team, it is feedback and recognition such as your that encourages them to continually push the boundaries as we all strive for service excellence.

I am delighted that you enjoy our array of restaurants but was surprised to hear your feedback regarding Il Terrazzo, it is one of our most popular outlets and we usually only receive praise. In order to assist us improve I would welcome more detailed feedback and can be contacted at alex.pichel@rosewoodhotels.com.

As part of the mixed use Al Faisaliah complex, we are not allowed waiting taxi's for security reasons however we do have a fleet of limousines on stand-by and can assist with taxi's given advance notice.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you home to your favorite Riyadh hotel soon.

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I enjoyed my dinner in the globe. the view is just spectacular.After many years of education in europe i started misssing the europen food. somebody rocommended me this place. i can tell you it worth it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
AlexPichelGM, General Manager at Al Faisaliah Hotel, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear ahmed a,

Thank you for taking the time to post a Trip Advisor review following your recent visit to our signature restaurant The Globe. We are delighted that you satisfied your craving and enjoyed our delicious modern European cuisine, attentive service and panoramic views of the city which come together to offer an unmatched Riyadh dining experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

Good ambience, best location, good facilities, no complimentary wifi, good staff attitude, over all enjoyed the stay, had a very good break fast, had a very breathtaking view from the balcony, the wifi at the lobby wasnt working, later they fixed it.

Stayed December 2013
AlexPichelGM, General Manager at Al Faisaliah Hotel, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Arshed A,

Thank you very much for selecting Al Faisaliah Hotel, A Rosewood Hotel for your recent visit to Riyadh. Thank you also for taking the time to post your feedback, we very much appreciate your comments. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed our facilities, including the rooms and our breakfast offerings. My apologies for the troubles you encountered with the WiFi in the lobby, and I am glad to hear we were able to fix the issue quickly.

We look forward to welcoming you back hopefully soon. Thank you again.