“Old hotel but it was not so bad”

Golden Tulip Andalusia Riyadh
Ranked #109 of 226 Hotels in Riyadh
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This hotel definitely needs power outlets!!!!!!! I literally had to look for one and it was somewhere undeer some tale far from the bed, so recharging the my cell phone and all electronic devices was a challenge, and it was really late when i checked in, i got there after 3 am.

Reception staff were friendly, and for once in saudi arabia they did not ask me to prepay my stay there, stayed for one night, the bathroom looks like was renovated, as i was reading the reviews and many were saying it needs renovation, i suppose in my room it was new, i haven't got much to say about the hotel in general except that the staff were friendly, room was clean and location is excellent for business trips, and the price was average and it is including the breakfast which was not exactly so rich.

It can be considered for short business trips, i would return there next time i am in Riyadh for work.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed for a couple of weeks. Everyone was helpful and friendly and tried to do their best to make my stay enjoyable. Comfortable room and bed. Food whilst not spectacular was adequate and considering the price reasonable value. I returned for a two day training workshop (around 15 people) and the facilites were very good and very reasonably priced indeed.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I arrived in this hotel at 1 am at night. I had a reservation which clearly stated that I arrived at night. At the desk the receptionist (who was actually the doorman) did not speak English and said they had no room. Affter making noise and getting angry they finally gave me a room, but - do you believe this: - the room did not have a bed.
It turrned out to be (I think) a room where business folks do negotiations. It had the same size as a normal hotelroom but in stead of a bed it has an extra couch.
The guy carrying my bad kept on saying 'no problem no problem', and I replied - yes: problem! I want a bed. I want a bed. I wanted to sleep but had to wait 35 minutes to get a bed, well not a bed, but some kind of guerney/stretcher with a horseblanket. Amazing.
Nobody apologized, not immediately, nor the day after,

Besides this frustration I will try to rate the other things in the hotel: the executive lounge was more of a lobby on a floor with two chairs and two tables and a coffee machine and the main lobby looked like it was a dark room straightfrom disneyworld.

The breakfast was poo. Sweet and bad food, not very healthy. The area is also not very nice. It has a huge parking lot in front of it.

Avoid this hotel if you can

Room Tip: Cancel your reservation and move to another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This Hotel is bad from the early begining. First is the parking, when i arrived to check inn there was no parking for my car and there was a parking available infront of the door but the security did't allow me to park there why? because it's for the hotel manager????? So, the priority is not for the customer it's for the employee what evere his position.
They have 2 types of rooms the first is in the third floor and above which is good the lower floors are disaster.
I used the GYM and it was horrible it's smaller than my bathroom at home with a very bad smell.
The restaurant is not recomnded at all. So over all no chance to go there again unless i realy have too.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We ended up at the Andalusia during a business trip as all hotels of Riyadh were full (crown prince funeral). I wasn't probably born last time this place has been refurbished, I reckon it's now run as a cash cow until it falls appart.
Everything is old, stained, employees don't care, breakfast was tasteless, etc.
I wonder how Golden Tulip allows their name to stay on that: I had a pretty good opinion of them before, I'll look twice before going with them again now

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank AlexisM
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Not so clean, u have to wake up at 4 because of the mosque. Limited services.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Poor English, No non-smoking rooms unless you upgrade. Lift not working. Room stank, was stained and dirty, bloodstain on a pillow. The worst was the shower which has a cracked door and the floor had been patched up, when I trod on it it squelched and a smell erupted that almost made me vomit. Mosque next door woke me at 4.30am (no double glazing). Breakfast terrible as well, just had toast. When I checked out they said I needed to pay for the room even though I had a voucher and this was pre-paid through my company.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business