“Standard For The Region But Needs Coffee Shop.”

Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan
Ranked #11 of 222 Hotels in Riyadh
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Anyone reading this is probably already familiar with what passes for standard in Saudi so I'll not bore you with the ridiculous local rules and customs that might affect any female travellers other than to say that the management of this hotel told a colleague of mine who wanted to use the gym (it's forbidden) that the hotel wants to construct a separate one for ladies only.

A nice, modern building with well appointed rooms. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Two small drawbacks are that all meals are buffet only (so you pay full price even if you only want a light snack) and there is no coffee shop in which to pass the time of day. We didn't have time to search out local restaurants but most of the surrounding area appeared to be office blocks or building sites anyway and with a single female in our group we'd probably have been picked up by the fuzz for trying.

Happiness is Saudi in my rear-view mirror.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
yasser r, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Paul C,
Thank you for being our valuable guest at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan and for leaving us a feedback.
We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Glad to know you liked our modern hotel; rooms and friendly services. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Positive:
The hotel is pretty new which was really a great advantage. Moreover, it is located in the downtown with an easy access to several points of interest.
Negative:
- My room was not cleaned during my second night, even though I was out from 7:45am until 5:00 pm.
- Although, I have informed the receptionist upon checking in that I would extend for an extra night and confirmed that payment would be personally done shall the company's authorization was not received. Surprisingly, I was shocked when I asked the Receptioneist in the morning if they need to pre-authorize my credit card for the extension and informed me that the hotel is over-booked and there is nothing to be done. Accordingly, I have asked to talk to the manager and I was told he would be called shortly (it was around 7:45am). After waiting for 10 minutes, I asked the receptionest if the manager is coming and he simply answered me that he would be here in an hour (I expected that i would be told so instead of keeping me waiting and get late from work). However, I have clearly stated that I am a Gold member and that I should have been informed upon checking in if there was no availability so I could make other plans and I told them that I would definately report this incident to the management. Fortunately, upon coming back from work I checked with the receptionist and it was confirmed that my stay was finally extended.

• Stayed: November 2013
yasser r, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Mr. Ali , Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club - Gold member and for leaving us a feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.
We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.
Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Very friendly welcome service at the reception desk, and as Priority Club member, everything was done to make the check in procedure as smooth as possible. There is no bar, but one can order drinks in the lobby, which unfortunately takes too much time. Also coffee/tea service at breakfast takes far too much time. The rooms are good and comfortable, which is also the case with the bathroom. I will probably stay here again !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Member. We would like to thank you for patronizing Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan, your second home away from home. Glad to know you have enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan. We remain.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Very nice located hotel in Riyadh Business center ( Olaya Area) you can connect to all direction . every one service you with a smile , even the AGM Mr.Ali Kefi take acre of his customer and make sure all process is done fast , in less than 5 minute I was check in.
Food and room service is good and they have nice lobby.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I tried this Hotel last Tuesday, it was good, clean, modern style, and good service.
the only thing I dont like is the smell of the hotel not the rooms, but not very bad,
i recommend this hotel in general

Dear Valuable Guest,
We would like to thank you for choosing, patronizing and recommending our Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan your second home away from home.

Glad to know you have have enjoyed your stay with us . We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan. We remain.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

his was my first stay at Holiday Inn Meydan. The front desk staff is really helpful and and courteous. Kamran Javaid of reception went out of his way to make sure that i got a comfortable room and all was ok even when I reached my room.
The room offered me was very spacious and comfortable as I was upgraded to a junior suite.
I just had breakfast in the morning. The food quality and quantity is great but needs more to do to make things look organised and table are kept clean and tidy.
Great place to stay in Riyadh. Very close to all business and government offices.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I had moved from the Intercontinental to this hotel only with the fact in mind that the IHG groups are well known for their friendly and courteous staff. Also the Holiday Inn was giving me more points on a daily basis than the Intercontinental does.
I stayed here for 4 days only since it was relatively closer to office and saved me sometime, but after a while it was really dissapointing.

The staff although with a smile, really have very little intention of trusting you. They swiped the entire amount of my stay up front, much lik they would do in a cheap motel somewhere. When I asked them why, they said its an "blocking amount". I dont even get what is a blocking amount. Doubt its a best practice for customers anyway.

The room is still decent, though a little stuffy (or cozy) whatever you would like to consider. Entry and Exit to the rooms require effort and a little jostling too. the bed is a little small, I'm six feet even and couldnt stretch my legs out in this.

I wouldnt exactly recommend this one, and look at the other holiday Inn (roughly 100 mts from this one)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Riyadh Meydan, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Dear Prateek1385,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review of our hotel. We strive every day to create special experiences one guest at a time and I am truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations in some aspects of your stay. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts as this is our best resource for improving the quality and services we offer.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a valuable feedback.

Joel B