“Pinoy klasiks”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The last time we were here in Bahrain, we made it sure that we do not missed to dine here in Swanlake.
We take Sinigang na Baboy, Lechon Kawali and grilled pork (it is unfortunate that pork is not available across the bridge). Drinking Sago reminds me of my childhood days in school in 'Pinas. Taste of food is good and price is affordable.

1  Thank JulioDC

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

If you want some Filipino food that is restaurant quality try this place. The price is quite high compare to other Filipino resto in the area but you will be satisfied with the taste. If you like lechon kawali, they serve one of the best in town with big portion its good for sharing for up to four people. Even their sinigang na baboy and dinuguan with their homemade puto will take you back to the Philippines. The good thing about this place is they are open 24 hours so if you want to eat after bar hopping this is the place to go.

1  Thank Anlizcruz
Reviewed 11 April 2014

after having read the reviews I was keen to find this place at the corner of the gold souk just behind the entrance to the souk. tricky to find but we managed. place didn't look very clean but frequented by Philippinos which I always take as a good sign. Food was mixed quality: very good papaya salad, good beef and prok ribs, horrible chicken in sweet and sour sauce. service was fast enough, price ok.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

We had a lunch with my wife in Swan Lake. It was totally empty at 1 PM.
Tasty thai - and philipino - food, good service and reasonably priced.
Also the location is good; near Bab Al Bahrain in Manama Souq.
Recommended !

1  Thank JMKOO
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This may be the most famous Fil-Thai restaurant in Bahrain, but for some reason this definitely can't be the best..

The food was nice especially the barbecue and the crispy pata. I also like the thai cuisine. Serving is good for 2-3 so be sure not to order too much. The portion or the cut of the meat is quite big so this will really fill u up. But never ever order the sisig unless you want heart problems because of too much oil, then go.

Location is really not the best. Yes, it is can be easily located but that's just because it is famous. It doesn't have its own parking lot and you have to park your vehicle in the paid lot then walk 10 mins to the restaurant. I was expecting a good deal of a place, but when i got inside, I got disappointed. The entrance looks like a backdoor of a bar. The lighting was too dim, I think they are trying to imitate first class restaurant, but it kind of failed. The restroom is found in the 2nd floor of the building because they don't have their own.

The service is bad. If you're hungry and craving, don't go there. They only have 2-3 people managing the dining area so it takes a long time for them to serve the people. Like the last 3 visits I had in Bahrain (different group of people), they want to try swan lake, but because of the slow service, we ended up eating in other restaurants.

They say that they are the only 1st class filipino restaurant in Bahrain, might as well live up to it.