“Nothing to get excited about”

Ewa Hotel Apartments
Ranked #82 of 132 Hotels in Manama
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
“Nothing to get excited about”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I stayed here for a few hours while waiting for a flight. My room was very basic with some issues. There was a leak in the bathroom and the floor was covered with water. I reported it and nothing was done about it. The television set kept on cutting out for no apparent reason. On the positive side, Mustafa ( at the front desk) was very helpful when I needed to make a call and offfered me the use of his mobile phone.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Arabic first
Kuwait
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I had to pay a quick visit to Bahrain, and my schedule did not include spending any time in the hotel, I just needed a place for sleeping and maybe a quick shower during the day as I will be busy somewhere else the whole day. This hotel apartment served me well. A small reception with a quick check in. The building was not busy so the elevator was avaiable every time. The room was spacious and clean with parquet floor. Good AC, room temperature was good while outside the hotel was very hot. The TV had a good selection of satellite channels. Big closet space. Large comfortable bed. The room had a fridge and a coffee/ tea maker with a complementary bottle of water. Bathroom was big and clean (shower and tub). Room had WiFi but cable was required, but wireless Wifi was available in the tiny lobby.
The hotel is close to Manama main shopping area, but not within a walking distance, a car is required. There are shops close by but maybe for whole sale ! (not sure)
I did not try the breakfast or any facility provided since I left the next day early, and that is why I actually did not choose to go to a hotel with its own facilities, why pay for facilities which I know I will not be using! One thing though, the hotel description did indicate that ironing faclity is included, but it was not there in the room (maybe If I asked they would have provided!)
To summ up, I liked the hotel and I do recommend it.

Room Tip: Beware, there are pool tables close to some rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Spacious living room and bedrooms. Great kitchen and dining table. Clean and comfortable with nice view of the city.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This is a basic accommodation with average service. The single bedroom is as depicted in official picture. It is large with minimal furniture. There is a common living room & a kitchen on every floor shared by 3 rooms. It looks like an apartment that is converted into single rooms. However, not everyone has the access to the kitchen. The toilet is basic & has a tub.

There's free internet access & they provide the network cable but as the previous reviewer said, there's no wifi connection.

There are a grocery shop, a small mall with basic necessity & the market nearby. The Marina Mall is not that far as well. However, it is difficult to flag a cab in the area.

The receptionist were nice & quite flexible about the check out time.

However, the room will not be cleaned unless you reqest it. Even then, you need to ask everything more than once. They really need to work on improving the service.

It is definitely a basic apartment apartment with limited service. It is fine if you just need a room to stay for the night.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Jeddah
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The hotel looks new and pretty, but beneath all that and if you look close you would notice how cheap it is. I don't mind cheap if it is well maintained, sadly the dirt on the windows, and the peeled off wall papers beg to differ. The room is large and quiet, but the bed is so hard and uncomfortable, it also squeaks whenever you move so there is that. We stayed in the 15th floor, and the view is great from up there with a partial sea view, but there is no balcony and the windows, as I mentioned above, are so dirty and haven't been washed in what seems like a long time. So you won't enjoy the view. Outside the room there is a common sitting area with large windows and an even better sea view than the one in my room, but the windows there are also very filthy and needs to be washed. The bathroom was fine, clean and large, it has a shower head with good water pressure and it has a tub. The closet is large enough and there is a fridge and tea/coffee kit, but there is no safe, so you can't keep valuable in the room, but safety was not a concern to be fair. There is no Wi-Fi in the rooms, but apparently DSL connection is there, so you better hang on to that desktop for a little longer and discard that brand new iPad of yours.

Service-wise, it is very lacking. They don't service your room if you don't demand it. Seriously I ran into the room service guy in my way out and asked him to clean my room, and he said to me I need to confirm that with the front disk. Even then, they forget to do so. That was on my second day there, I asked the receptionist to order the room service to change the sheets, clean the room, and leave towels, but I came late at night to find out none of that happened. I had to ask them again next morning, and thankfully this time they made it happen, but they didn't leave enough toiletries. I did not complain because at least we had towels, and I was leaving the following day, so I thought I should save my energy, because it is not like I am going back there any time soon, or even recommending the place, you know! There is a TV set and a satellite receiver with hundreds of channels, so there is a positive if you are looking for one.

Bottom line, it's cheap by Bahrain standards, and it's clean enough, but it is going downhill from the carelessness of its management, and I don't think in a year or two that I would consider staying there because I can predict how worst it will get. But for now, it is adequate if price is your main concern, but don't expect much and certainly not a good night sleep in that darn hard squeaky bed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ayaa1977

Travellers are raving about these Manama hotels

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 1 January 2012

I came with a party of 7 people to Bahrain. We needed a cheap place to stay so we all decided it would be Ewa hotel.
It is a good place if you want to save your money and you just need a place to sleep, but the cons for me far outweighed the perks.

Here is my list of things that I did not like:

* Bad Parking layout! Everyone and their mother has an SUV in the eastern province that being said the parking lot for Ewa hotel is a joke. It's tight and poorly organized. Good luck getting in and out if you have an SUV.

* The parking lot walls are topped with small pieces of glass sticking up - to keep burglars out from the parking lot. Yeah, I did not feel safe after seeing that.

* We were put on the 17th floor. I have an infant son whose ears popped everytime we were going on the elevator. It wasn't a new mother's favorite thing to see their son in pain :(

* The room smelled of paint. Again, not the best thing to inhale especially if you are a baby :(

* They had no cot for the baby to sleep in.

* The lobby couldn't fit all 7 people at one time. It's narrow and small.

If you are tight on money and don't have a family you'll enjoy this. If you have a family please stay away!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gulmast
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I would definitely say that as far as money is concerned...YES.....it is economical.....the impact n view both are excellent.....away from noise. ....staff is good and co operative....reception is highly satisfactory too.....but room service needs to be improved......over all an above average experience....

• Stayed December 2011