“Nice Hotel, Good Location”

Ewa Hotel Apartments
Ranked #106 of 134 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stay there with my family. Hotel staff upgraded me from two room apartment to 3 rooms apartment with no extra cost. Hotel is very nice. Friendly staff they responded and acted very quickly to our request. Big room, nice furniture and big TV set. Kitchen had all required utensils and crockery.

One disadvantage was breakfast provided by hotel in their restaurant, quality and varieties of breakfast items was extremely poor. It was just formality that hotel is providing free breakfast. My family agreed to go to elsewhere to take breakfast.

Room Tip: This hotel location is excellent for family stay.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 April 2013

This apartment hotel is only 5 years old, but by the layer of dust and grime in the rooms (Our party had two separate rooms), and the grey color of the once-white towels and sheets, this hotel needs some attention from the management.
The front desk staff are good and reasonably efficient, and the location is good, close to (but not within walking distance) the main City Mall and Seef Mall. It has 24 floors, and while we were a long way up from street level, the city noise easily penetrated the rooms at the crack of dawn. The air-conditioning is effective, but hard to set for comfort overnight. The bed was very firm, and the coverings (if you ignore the grey sheets!) were warm.
We also discovered that the maid service for making up the rooms and replacing the towels is non-existent. Apparently the hotel expects guests to be in the room and to call housekeeping in order to get this done. Given the layer of grime and dust, that's been a while.
It's a cheap hotel (by Bahrain standards) and if you expect the standard to match, you'll find this a suitable place to stay. Oh, and don't expect breakfast. By the look of the area and fittings set aside for it on the ground floor, it's not for the faint-hearted or weak of stomach.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank often_travels_here
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I have been visit this place more than 10 times
I like it alot its really a quiet hotel and area.
Huge building so clean and tidy .
the area of this hotel is quiet and nice not crowed it night at all.
But the area in the morning OMG really you will hate the traffic couz to many ministry and banks in this area.
It good for families to stay here or couples.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We stayed 2 nights and found the rooms to be very clean with all the basic amenities and free wired internet in the room. For the price we paid, it was everything we could ask for.

The second night some young Eid revellers checked in and their enjoyment came at the expense of peace and quiet. Ask to be away from such guests.

The service was only lax when we requested a hair dryer to be brought and it never arrived. Otherwise it was okay.

All in all it was a good location near many restaurants and the souq and we always found parking. In retrospect from a planning perspective if we visit again in the future we will either stay right beside Seef Mall or at a hotel with a beach to be closer the attractions of Bahrain.

Room Tip: Ask to be kept away from the teenagers who might want to enjoy the shared lounges
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank GourrmetGourmand
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I stayed here for a few hours while waiting for a flight. My room was very basic with some issues. There was a leak in the bathroom and the floor was covered with water. I reported it and nothing was done about it. The television set kept on cutting out for no apparent reason. On the positive side, Mustafa ( at the front desk) was very helpful when I needed to make a call and offfered me the use of his mobile phone.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I had to pay a quick visit to Bahrain, and my schedule did not include spending any time in the hotel, I just needed a place for sleeping and maybe a quick shower during the day as I will be busy somewhere else the whole day. This hotel apartment served me well. A small reception with a quick check in. The building was not busy so the elevator was avaiable every time. The room was spacious and clean with parquet floor. Good AC, room temperature was good while outside the hotel was very hot. The TV had a good selection of satellite channels. Big closet space. Large comfortable bed. The room had a fridge and a coffee/ tea maker with a complementary bottle of water. Bathroom was big and clean (shower and tub). Room had WiFi but cable was required, but wireless Wifi was available in the tiny lobby.
The hotel is close to Manama main shopping area, but not within a walking distance, a car is required. There are shops close by but maybe for whole sale ! (not sure)
I did not try the breakfast or any facility provided since I left the next day early, and that is why I actually did not choose to go to a hotel with its own facilities, why pay for facilities which I know I will not be using! One thing though, the hotel description did indicate that ironing faclity is included, but it was not there in the room (maybe If I asked they would have provided!)
To summ up, I liked the hotel and I do recommend it.

Room Tip: Beware, there are pool tables close to some rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Spacious living room and bedrooms. Great kitchen and dining table. Clean and comfortable with nice view of the city.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family