“Great "home" away from home”

Marriott Executive Apartments Manama, Bahrain
Ranked #21 of 132 Hotels in Manama
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great "home" away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I've had several extended stays at the Marriott over the last few years while traveling for business. The staff is always very friendly and willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay more enjoyable. On every return trip I am greeted with a smile and welcomed back by name rather than the usual, "May I help you?" from a typical stateside hotel. Our group is always treated like royalty and the staff knows everyone's names and their preferences during meal times. The beds are very comfortable, as if you're sleeping on a cloud. It's nice to stay in a hotel that isn't "just a room with a bed". My room at the Marriott is a fully furnished 2 bedroom 2 1/2 bath apartment with a full kitchen and full sized dining room table. It's also nice to have a washer/dryer in my room so I can do laundry at my convenience without having to wait on anybody. My only gripe would be that there's not enough accessible electrical outlets to make working more convenient. I'm limited to only the desk in my bedroom unless I unplug my phone in the dining area and run an extension cord to reach the table or if I unplug the lamp in the living room if I want to sit in front of the tv to work. Otherwise, the Marriott is a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
MEA76, Public Relations Manager at Marriott Executive Apartments Manama, Bahrain, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Mrs Lagiglia,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We really appreciate the time you have spent to share your repeated guest experience at the Marriott Executive Apartments.
We are glad you love the Marriott beds with topper. We will share your great comments with our Food and Beverages and Front Desk team to keep going with customizing guest stay.
We certainly would look into your suggestion with regards to electrical plugs.
Looking forward to welcome you and your team again, and to the opportunity to meet you personally,
Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Its been over two months since our stay at the Marriott Executive Apartments, Bahrain. A truly amazing place to stay. Spacious rooms, fully equipped kitchen, great internet connectivity, an ever-smilingly and cheerful staff (right from the staff at the front desk to the cafe and the house-keeping guys) are out there to help you with anything and everything. The breathtaking view of downtown Manama and the Coral bay from our balconies only adds to our experience. We would specially like to thank Mr. Sameer Mohammed for not only giving us a room with such a beautiful view but also for helping us settle down without any hassle.

Other amenities include a gym, swimming pool and sauna. And needless to say its location also makes it possible to explore great cafes and restaurants in the adjacent American street and Adliya. Be it for a weekend or for months, we would highly recommend this Marriott property!

Room Tip: Go for the ones facing the bay!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Whether you're staying for a long weekend or an extended stay, you can't find anything better in Manama than the Marriott Executive Apartments in Al Fateh. My rooms are fantastic! Each room has a plush mattress with soft and very comfortable comforters. I've got a great view of the downtown skyline and the bay. The staff from the Manager to maintenance is extremely helpful, friendly and professional. The food in the Sky Cafe is excellent and the roof pool is great. The gym is a little small, but completely functional. There are also his and her wet and dry saunas. The pool deck on the roof is also an excellent place to lay out and work on your tan. The front desk and concierge take "At your Service" seriously and are quick to assist with any issue or question. Security is good and the hotel has a basement garage.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the quieter it is from street noise and the better view you have..
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
MEA76, Director of Sales at Marriott Executive Apartments Manama, Bahrain, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear ChrisS,

Thank you so much for your valued comments and review. Your feedback and suggestions will be shared with the entire team here. Our management is currently looking on a plan to expand our current Gym facilities.
Again, thank you for your time on this and looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Regards,

Reggie Titus
Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

Just finished a three week stay with a team of coworkers. Great staff and excellent amenities. Stayed in large two bedroom suite, with spacious kitchen, and huge dining and living rooms. Internet access, gym, and personal touches from the staff were all very nice. Sure the gym could be bigger, but it got the job done. Really got used to the excellent breakfast buffet, with great staff that willingly accommodates to pretty much whatever you could want for breakfast, all with a smile. While the Ritz has excellent service and several other amenities, you can't be this place on price, size, friendliness of the staff and willingness to get anything done you may ask for in regards to business needs. Front desk staff is extremely flexible when it comes to changing schedules and co-workers arrival and departures on short notice. Only one downside is that Marriott elite nights are only earned on a one elite night to three a three night stay basis. Other than that, terrific in all respects.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

This was my second visit here, and they made our project team feel extremely welcome, and everyone felt very much at home throughout. We spent 20 days there, and the front desk crew is always very helpful/cheerful, and I will definitely miss coming down to the nice breakfast buffet spread and staff that knows me by name each morning. Agree with the other reviewer that the Ritz is more luxurious overall, but these rooms are very large, comfortable and plenty nice, and close to Adliya restaurants/night life, etc. A heated pool would be a good addition. I looking forward to seeing them next time in Bahrain.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but higher up is better. Bahrain has lots of construction, and nearby building...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
MEA76, Public Relations Manager at Marriott Executive Apartments Manama, Bahrain, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Mr Gustravelsalot, Thank you so much for your feedback. we really appreciate the time you have spent to share your experience at the Marriott Executive Apartments.
We am very pleased to know that our colleagues made you feel comfortable in our property. We certainly would look into your suggestion with regards to the pool.

Best regards,

Florence Lantuejoul
Newmarket, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Was here for 14 nights while working on the National Theatre of Bahrain. Wonderful staff who really went above and beyond their call of duty. For the latter part of my trip I became quite ill. Without informing the staff at all they noticed that I had been in my apartment for over 24 hours with do not disturb on the door. They called the apartment to check everything was ok and after explaining I was not well, I had a get well soon card singed individually by 8 members of staff and a massive fruit bowl sent up. They also arranged for me to see a doctor with minimal disturbance to myself.

The apartment was very well sized, I chose a two bed room apartment as I was staying for two weeks and like my space. This had two balconies both with good views of the city. Everything was very clean and you could easily make yourself at home here. The kitchen was fully equipped, with dish washer, oven and large fridge-freezer, plus lots of glass and china ware. The roof top pool was a good size and got the sun nearly all day. If I'm in Bahrain again I would stay here again, well positioned and also has secure parking included. Security check before you drive in and again when entering reception.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor, though you need to choose a higher class of room todo so.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Reggie T, General Manager at Marriott Executive Apartments Manama, Bahrain, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear SneezumRaffe,
I trust you have reached your destination safely and by now have fully recovered. We really appreciate the time you have spent to share your experience at the Marriott Executive Apartments and I am very pleased to know that our associates had again the right approach in such a case.
Looking forward to your repeat visit and to the opportunity to meet you personally, I remain,
Michel Sursock
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

What a place. Would have been nice to have an indoor pool. Good location close to airport without the noise. Short cab to anywhere. The ritz has better pools and restaurants. But these rooms are big. Washer and dryer with full kitchen in room 1104

Room Tip: Room 1104. Wow
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business