“Hopeless, stay ANYWHERE else”
Review of Al Manzil Hotel

Al Manzil Hotel
Ranked #62 of 131 Hotels in Manama
Hong Kong, China
“Hopeless, stay ANYWHERE else”
Reviewed 2 September 2010

For starters, upon reaching our room, we discovered that it was filthy. Dust and dirt all over the floor, bloodstained sheets, food on the kitchen counter, visible grime and dirt all over the bathtub (ie it was brown,DISGUSTING). We called down and asked someone to come up to clean the room. We called again....and again. Finally a cleaner arrived, did a quick job, only mopped the floors after I pointed out that it was still dirty and left the bathtub full of grime. To be fair, after looking at the cleaning products the maid was provided with, there wasn't any bathroom cleaning products or anything strong enough to have cleaned that tub with, which is an issue for management. So that was just the room. Secondly, there was not any functioning internet. I called down to reception to inquire about when this would be fixed and could not get a straight answer out of either of the people on the phone. I would call, the man who answered would listen to me and without saying anything pass me on to another lady who I would ask again about the internet. After asking 3 times about what was happening, apparently it was in the process of being upgraded and was not working. I was told that it would be up and running by our third night in the hotel (this was the first). By the third night, there was still no internet and we called down about this. They sent up an IT guy who came to the room, played around on my laptop and was able to start internet. Why they didn't send him on the first night I don't know. And in any case, he completely f'ed up the laptop and I can't get on the internet at home now! Lovely. Also, it only worked for about 4 hours and crashed again. We didn't bother trying to get it fixed again. The room key card stopped working after I came back to the room from the pool which was great trying to go down to reception dripping wet and waiting for their lifts which take ACTUALLY 5 minutes to arrive each time you call them. I could go on, but suffice to say that this place is completely hopeless, any dealings with the staff (especially the reception) are an ordeal and the cleanliness standards are not what you would expect. Don't go there.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank janu007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Arabic first
Kuwait
Reviewed 6 July 2010

My wife and I recently(5&6 July 2010) stayed at this establishment. The stay was nothing but a dissapointment. Our was left unattended on both days. We had to call the Hotel from the room to get them to clean the room at 22:00. The bathroom had soap & shampoo for only one person. The cleaning staff, whilst cleaning the room, was caught red handed fiddeling in my wallet. When they cleaned the room, our open packet of tea bags dissapeared.On arrival at the room, at about 19:00 on the first evening we, were met by a member of the cleaning staff relaxing in the lounge and watching TV. The breakfast offered a spart of the deal was offered in a manner that reminds me of a one star hotel.Please do not support this establishment

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Manama hotels

Travellers also viewed these Manama hotels
Ramee Suites 4
Best Western Plus The Olive
Taj Plaza Hotel
Taj Plaza Hotel
#84 of 131 in Manama

Been to Al Manzil Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Al Manzil Hotel

Property: Al Manzil Hotel
Address: 4047 Bulding 1842 | Juffair, Manama, Bahrain (Formerly Al Manzil Suites)
Region: Bahrain > Manama
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#24 Spa Hotel in Manama
#55 Luxury Hotel in Manama
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:4 star — Al Manzil Hotel 4*
Al Manzil Hotel is a hotel apartment located in the heart of Manama, Juffair. The hotel is just 10 minute's drive from Bahrain International Airport and 20 minutes from the King Fahad highway. The hotel offers a great location, the convenience of a 24-hour reception, a restaurant, Gym / pool and family friendly. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Al Manzil Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Al Manzil Hotel Bahrain/Manama