I visited Bahrain for 11 days due to my business trip. I decided to follow on the recommendation of one of my Korean colleague and stayed in "Sea Scene Apartments". This turned out fairly good experience. Following is my analysis:
1) ROOM: I booked a studio suite. Huge room with well furnished kitchen. Ideal to stay with family if planning to live for more than week or so. The room was clean with adequate furniture and a small sitting area, in case one is hosting friends. TV channels were adequate, but mostly Arabic and local channels, not much choice for non-Arabic speakers. Washroom was clean, with separate shower area. No bath tub. Sheets, towels, pillows, covers, blankets etc, were clean and replaced every day. Lots of windows in the room so good sunlight and feeling of cleanliness. Only problem I faced was the hot water came in little late every morning which made me wasted lots of water to wait for hot. The room was quiet and peaceful.
2) FOOD: The apartments have a small coffee/breakfast shop on the ground floor. The breakfast choices were limited but it was fresh and served with good quality tea/coffee/juices. Even though you can have the shop's sandwiches/burgers as main meal, but this hotel is right in the middle of Exhibition road and you can get to at least 20 restaurants, fast foods chains, pizza shops etc. in 5 minute of walk. So it was good to start the day with reasonably good/fresh breakfast and then have dinner at any of the nice places around. Also you can get any food you want delivered to your room (The management has no issues what so ever). Weird this is that the coffee shop has no entrance from inside the building, you have to go outside the building to enter the coffee shop.
3) SERVICES: This is the part, where Sea Scene has to improve. There was no washing machine in the apartment and also the hotel does not have any in house laundry service. If you need clothes washed, either you ask the hotel management to get it done from some outside shop or you can do it yourself (there are many laundry shops nearby). The internet was good and free, but its slowed down during weekend. House keeping is optional, if you put the "Make my room" tag outside the door, it will be taken care of. Local/International dialing is available but i think a bit expensive (which is the way all over Bahrain hotels). The room had water dispenser, so all in all not much issue with buying water bottles in the middle of night.
4) AMENITIES: I didn't check much of the apartment inside, but i think they have parking, gym, pool and screen golf.
5) LOCATION: The best part of Sea Scene is the location. In the center of Exhibition road, which is good place to hangout. Two minute walk from building and you are on main road. Restaurants, cafes, hotels, clubs, hustle bustle and all. In proximity of Bahrain Airport and taxi service is easily available from main road. I think this hotel is a bit new, so not many taxi drivers know about its location. Easy way out is that you ask for Hoora Police Station and then it is 2 minute walk from there.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sea Scene Hotel Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Scene Hotel Apartments Bahrain/Manama