“Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 134 Hotels in Manama
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
“Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq was an excellent choice for us for the following reasons:
- As a Family
- Relaxing
- Meals quality
- Great Staff
- Kids club
- Having Sea & Pool
- Acceptable price
- Good value for the payed money
We recommend this for all

Room Tip: Great choice
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hotel M, at Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property on Trip Advisor, I’m pleased to read that you were impressed with so much of our hotel and that our restaurants and leisure facilities met and exceeded your expectations. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to Sofitel Bahrain again soon for another Magnifique stay in the Kingdom of Bahrain.

Area General Manager Bahrain & Saudi Arabia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We had the most wonderful stay at this resort and would return in a heart beat. The staff were so helpful and went out of their way to make our stay memorable. We were so impressed by the resorts facilities, rooms and the unforgettable food! See you again one day soon Sofitel!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

I’m delighted to read of your truly Magnifique stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to place such a wonderful review of our property on Trip Advisor. I’m very pleased that my Ambassadors took such good care of you and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon for another Magnifique stay at Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Staying at 'sofi' is really an escape from a busy city, daily work routine and the boring weekends. Enjoyed the open buffet at lunch and the full day open pool bar. Kids had a blast of fun at the kids club and the pool.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Oussama S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent weekend “escape” in the Kingdom of Bahrain, I’m delighted to read of your Magnifique and relaxing stay with us. I appreciate the opportunity to receive your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to place a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor and particularly for your mention of our Kids Club and pool facilities. I’m very pleased that you and your family enjoyed such a Magnifique stay and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I stay in the hotel and he is excellent quiet excellent service friendly every time I come to bahrain I will stay in the hotel the food is very delicious the rooms is clean you can see the sea in balcony

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hotel M, at Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Bahrain for your recent visit to the Kingdom of Bahrain. I appreciate the time that you have taken to place a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor and I am pleased to read that you clearly enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will return to our hotel again soon and look forward to welcoming you back for another Magnifique stay!

Ramallah, Palestinian Territories
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at the Sofitel for nearly one week during last Ramadan. It was a rather quiet period with only a few guest during the week and a bit more at the weekend. As it was very hot I could only use the pool in the early morning hours and in the evening. The gym is great with direct sea view and of course air conditioned. Unfortunately, most of the restaurants were closed during the day but room service was available. We tried out the Italian restaurant and enjoyed the food. The breakfast is overpriced though and I remember having paid approx. 8 dollars just for a Cappuccino. Room was very spacious and clean and the hotel staff friendly. All in all a very nice get away hotel to enjoy some luxury and relaxation.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hotel M, at Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Bahrain for your stay in the Kingdom of Bahrain in 2013. I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your taking the time to place a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for your positive comments with regards to our hotel in general along with our gym and rooms facilities, I am also extremely pleased to read that my Ambassadors took such good care of you during your stay.

I appreciate your comments with regards to our restaurants facilities and in-room dining facilities, the month of Ramadan allows us to experiment a little with new strategies but also restricts us in which restaurants we can have open at which times. I hope that this did not impact negatively upon your stay and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to Sofitel Bahrain in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon for another Magnifique stay at Sofitel in the Kingdom of Bahrain!

Dammam, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

What a gem of a hotel! Stayed for 1 night on a quick trip from Saudi Arabia. The hotel is in an amazing location and, coupled with the ultra helpful and friendly staff and the tastefully decorated rooms, provides the idea location for a break in Bahrain. All the rooms have sea views and overlook the pool area and terraces. Our room had a huge balcony which was ideal for relaxing and watching the Arabian sunset. The beds were very comfortable and provided a great nights sleep and the breakfast buffet was excellent both in quality and quantity. My only minor issue was that I found the wifi to be a bit slow in the public areas of the hotel, though it was fine in the room. When booking future vacations or short breaks in Bahrain this will definitely be my first option.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor seem to have bigger balconies, don't miss the wonderful tapas bar w...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank FrankT-KSA
Hotel M, at Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Bahrain for your recent visit to the Kingdom of Bahrain. I appreciate the opportunity to receive your feedback and I am delighted to read of your Magnifique stay! I am very pleased that upon this occasion we have exceeded your expectations and that so many parts of our hotel were according to your tastes.

I appreciate your comments with regards to our WIFI, we are currently investigating this issue and seeking a solution as soon as possible to further enhance our guest’s experiences during their stay.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future for another Magnifique stay at Sofitel Bahrain.

Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

From the imposing presence at the end of Zallaq highway as you approach to the first step inside the opulent hotel, it was amazing. The staff were attentive and friendly in a very sincere way. I have stayed in many Sofitels and this is by far the best one with respect to staffing. I cannot praise them enough.

The room was excellent on the 4th floor and because it was a national holiday, there was no possibility to be upgraded to Prestige level, but they still gave us all the benefits. The room was quite spacious and had a lovely balcony overlooking the gulf and swimming pool. Furnishings and electronics were state of the art and of high quality. Bathroom was of high quality with a separate two person bathtub and large walk in rain shower and was very clean including Lanvin toiletries.

The Millesime lounge was lovely and was well provided for and professionally staffed. We attended a few evenings there and were very impressed at the quality of service, drinks and food on offer. It was possible to sit on the balcony and enjoy all this while watching the sun set.

We enjoyed the Friday a volente brunch with a six friends and I can truly recommend the food. Fresh, well prepared and presented and a variety that would make the fussiest person satisfied.

I almost cried when having to leave which is not really my style as there is no place like home, but if you want to be treated like a princess..... Try the Sofitel Bahrain. I'm going back when the weather cools :-)

Room Tip: I don't think there is a preferential room other than maybe a higher floor for the view. I beli...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Bahrain for your recent stay in the Kingdom of Bahrain!

I’m delighted to read of your excellent stay and very pleased that upon this occasion we have truly exceeded your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to place such a Magnifique review of your stay at Sofitel Bahrain on Trip Advisor, I greatly appreciate your comments, both with regards to our hotel in general and particularly our Ambassadors and Club Millesime lounge. I do hope that in the future we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for another Magnifique stay Sofitel Bahrain in the Kingdom of Bahrain!