“The most beautiful resort in the Gulf”

Ranked #2 of 132 Hotels in Manama

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 August 2014

The most beautiful resort I have visited in the Gulf
stay at the resort with my family and kids who liked fun
And various events and swimming in the pool and on the sea
The advantage of the diversity of restaurants and cafes that offer delicious food
I liked the friendly staff and professionalism in the performance and best Department
Housekeeping and I would like to thank Mr. Rodrigo latonio, rooms attendant
As well as Mr. Merwyn Dsouza from restaurant
Recommend it for families
Upon departure from the hotel were not at the level of upscale and excellent

Room Tip: Suite in the hotel better
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank abdulla199
Hotel M, Manager at Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this review, 23 April 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our property for your recent stay in the Kingdom of Bahrain and for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate the opportunity to receive your feedback and I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed a Magnifique stay with us. We appreciate your comments and I can assure you that we will discuss these within our management team.

Bahrain
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

The Saraya restaurant at the Sofitel hosts, without question, one of the finest brunches in Bahrain, not only for the food (which is fabulous) but also for the setting, the ambience and the staff.

We went to eat there for my daughters 16th Birthday with my parents who are visiting Bahrain for the first time since we emigrated. From stepping foot into the restaurant to leaving we were treated with the utmost courtesy and never once had to ask for anything. The staff are wonderful.

Like I've stated, the food is fabulous with many stations offering a whole range from meats to pasta to seafood to Chinese to curries. The dessert and cheese stations are something to behold as is the cocktail station!

As with many brunches on the island, there is entertainment by the form of a band but they play at a pleasant, decent level so you can actually have a conversation without shouting at each other across the table. The band was very good on the day we visited and even the staff even had my mum up dancing!

The Sofitel is on the higher end price wise but you definitely get what you pay for and trust me, you will not be disappointed here.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Harrison, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 August 2014

The service was absolutely amazing ... from the staff by the pool to houskeeping and every staff member we spoke to greeted us and asked us how our stay was. We dined at the Wok on the recommendation of Rajan Cosain and tried the sea bass served in a clay pot- It was wonderful- the noodles with it were disappointing but the fish was outstanding. We met the Vietnamese Chef who was gracious enough to stop at our table.

Bathroom was very plush and the balcony made the room seem more spacious than it really was.

Pros- service, service, service... I can't say enough how wonderful the staff is

Cons- I was disappointed that the balcony didn't offer movable chairs so we could sit and watch the ocean instead of sitting in the permanent banquette and really staring at a wall
The request for ice was answered by "there is usually a charge but we will deliver the first one complimentary" Really a charge for ice? We have stayed all over the world and have never across that before.
What are the hours? Multiple places had an opening time listed that didn't seem to be the correct time. We asked about the pool bar and were told 10am-- it was 10:30. The Wok was listed at 7pm but then it was supposed to be 7:30 but we were told it was "7ish"

We would definitely stay at this Sofitel again, but usually stay at other local hotels because we play the frequent stay point game.

Room Tip: Not a room tip --- but try the bloody Mary's at the pool bar in the morning!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 4 nights with my family in 2 interconnected rooms in this lovely resort. It is really relaxing place with different activities for the family. The staff was friendly and helpful. However, my only complain is about the untrained swimming pool staff who lack the abilities on how to deal with guests. I really wish if this hotel offer half board, which is really good addition.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank q8wara
Hotel M, at Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in the Kingdom of Bahrain, I’m delighted to read of your Magnifique stay with us and appreciate the opportunity to receive your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I’m very pleased that you found our hotel relaxing and a positive environment for family stays, I also appreciate you feedback with regards to our Lagoon Pool Ambassadors. I would be very interested in discussing your comments further and invite you to contact us directly on h6722-sl9@sofitel.com, we hope to hear from you soon and look forward to receiving your comments in hope of further improving our property and level of service and quality.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you to Sofitel Bahrain again soon and wish you a Magnifique week ahead!

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Had the pleasure of staying many times in this hotel for events at the nearby BIC. Was never disappointed, always a pleasure. It's far from Manana, so it's calmer, less people around, quiet. It's near the gardens of the South, good place. Service is very good, friendly and helpful. Installations are amazing: great pool, private beach, good bars, amazing spa. Rooms also, top score! Recommended.

Room Tip: A room towards the pool and beach!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hotel M, at Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued support of our hotel, it is a pleasure to welcome you back for your most recent stay and I am delighted to read that we have been able to exceed your expectations once again.

Please do contact us on h6722@sofitel.com if we can assist at any time in the future, we look forward to welcoming you to Sofitel Bahrain again soon!

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had great stay at sofitel Bahrain last week, ground suite with great view and direct access to their private beach.

Every things were perfect location, furnitures, privacy, and food.

The only negative point was the housekeeping staff who need more training in customer services . However, they have good management to make their customers satisfied.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms with sea view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Bahrain. I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay including the time you spent enjoying our beach facilities.

I appreciate your comments with regards to our housekeeping team and will discuss your suggestion with our management team, I would be most interested in speaking with you in person to discuss your review further and invite you to contact us on h6722-sl9@sofitel.com at your convenience.
I’m pleased that you found the general design along with location of our hotel according to your needs and that overall you experienced an enjoyable stay at Sofitel Bahrain.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you to Sofitel Bahrain in the future for another Magnifique stay in the Kingdom of Bahrain.

Area General Manager Bahrain & Saudi Arabia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manama
The Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain
#29 of 132 in Manama
ART Rotana
ART Rotana
#1 of 3 in Amwaj Islands

Been to Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa? Share your experiences!