“Good 4 star in isolated environment”
Review of The K Hotel

Ranked #24 of 133 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Good 4 star hotel. Rooms very modern and well equiped. Lobby fairly basic. Many restaurants and bars with live music but while I was there without any guests which made it a bit dull. Nothing much around the hotel so you will need transportation anywhere. But good solid value for money

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
TheKHotel, General Manager at The K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The K Hotel during your recent visit to Bahrain.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel and the facilities and services provided. Your comments will definitely encourage the team to continue to deliver high quality service.

If you have any further comments/ suggestion or require our assistance in the future, please contact me directly - gm@thekhotel.com.

There are newer reviews for The K Hotel

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Attempts to contact the staff to arrange transportation to the hotel went unanswered three times. Finally wrote to the General Manager and transporation was "booked." Exiting customs, no one to greet me. Wandered around for 10 minutes looking for something with the hotel's name, nothing. Finally took a cab.

At reception, they could not find my booking. After 20 minutes, it was sorted out and apparently it was booked via another website that I was re-directed to from their website (?!).

Room was quite large and very modern. Wifi was quick and never went out.

The gym had decent equipment and wasn't crowded, but I went early in the morning. The pool looked inviting, but was small.

Breakfast is in the main restaurant downstairs. Great selection of foods.

The staff was quite friendly and helpful.

The location was great if you love American chains. I have to admit, it felt like I was in suburbia USA with all the mid-range restaurant chains and the grocery stores stocking American brands.

Unfortunately, the beginning of the stay soured me on this hotel. If I come back to Bahrain, I will probably look elsewhere.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
TheKHotel, General Manager at The K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience about your stay at The K Hotel.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. In regards to the airport pick-up, we have taken precautionary steps to avoid a reoccurrence and to further improve on our services.
It is only through valuable feedback such as your own that we are able to honestly evaluate our product.

Hopefully we can welcome you again at The K Hotel.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

After recent letdowns at the Gulf Hotel (after years and years of visits) I stayed in the K as a refugee looking for a better home. The K has a lot going for it - the rooms are modern and comfortable, it is located very close to the American Alley so no need for a car if you are based there, and it is fairly quiet, although I did hear a little bit of thumpa-thumpa the first night, but not excessively. I didn't try the restaurant for dinner because of the plethora of places in the alley, but I did have breakfast and thought it was very good.

The lifts work well and quickly and the hotel is quite compact so there isn't a need to walk long distances. I didn't go to the pool, but after looking at it through the window of the bar I don't think I would have wanted to - it was smallish and chock full of kids. I have to say the Gulf at least had a great pool. The K seems to be more family-oriented.

I will probably stay here again. The K isn't glamorous, but it was functional. I should mention that WIFI in the room was exceptional - it was free and almost always seemed to work. A rarity

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank callmeishmael
TheKHotel, General Manager at The K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The K Hotel and we delighted that you have enjoyed the Hotel and its facilities.

Hopefully you will decide to stay with us during your next visit, (you could try our Restaurants, good value for money).

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Good spacious rooms with little street noise. Huge bed with 4 poster structure hanging over it. Expensive restaurant, although there is a street of cheaper places a few hundred metres down the road. Excellent gym and heat controlled outdoor pool which was hardly used! The hotel has a lovely terrace bar, with charming staff. Recommended

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Simon H
TheKHotel, General Manager at The K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We are happy you liked our hotel, health club and the services provided.
During your next stay you should try our “All you can eat” dinners; (outstanding quality at very affordable rates).

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Had a wonderful one night stay in a Junior Suite at The K Hotel in Bahrain. The room and furnishings were as nice as I experienced anywhere in the world.
The room itself was huge and very thoughtfully laid out.
The hotel location was decent. Not a huge amount in the area, but the Grand Mosque was within walking distance since it was a pleasant day when I was there. Fabulous private tour at the Mosque free upon request. Don't miss)
The front desk was very helpful upon check-in as I had goofed due to the lost day from the USA to Bahrain travel time, and made the reservation for the day before it was needed. They quickly and graciously adjusted it. Follow-up questions to the front desk about some sightseeing plans were not so helpful though and I was given some bad advice. Getting a complimentary ride to the airport was easy though.
The buffet breakfast in the main restaurant in the morning was excellent with a huge array of items to choose from. Service was reasonable at breakfast.
I did not have a chance to use the fitness center or pool.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
TheKHotel, General Manager at The K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments in regards to our Breakfast Buffet and Front Desk service.

Your remark in regards to the concierge service suggestions was noted and we will take immediate steps to further improve on our services.

If you have any further comments/ suggestion or require our assistance in the future, please contact me directly gm@thekhotel.com.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Pleasant hotel in Juffair area. The highlight of the hotel are certainly the rooms. Modern and spotless clean with good views on the city.
Beds are comfortable and room service was prompt. I was a bit disappointed about the pool area as it felt cramped and not too inviting. Nevertheless it was clean and decent enough to take a dip.
Location-wise I wouldn’t recommend it necessarily for first time visitors as its location is a bit outside of the major places. Nevertheless if you are good on foot, the mosque as well as the charming Adliya district with its coffee shops and bars can be reached walking.

All in all an excellent value for money hotel if you emphasis on a really good room and put less importance on its facilities.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
TheKHotel, General Manager at The K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay at The K Hotel. Your comments will be shared with the team and I am certain that this inspire us to continue to deliver a high quality service.

Your suggestion in regards to the pool area was well noted.

Should you require our assistance in the future or have any further comments/ suggestion, please contact me directly gm@thekhotel.com.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel located in a nice quiet area close to US navel base. I got the twin beds room with a city view. The room contain a flat screen TV, mini bar and free Wi Fi.
The room is big well ventilated and got a big bathroom with shower and bathtub.
I didn't get to try their food but from the other guests faces at the hotel restaurant I can tell that they are enjoying their meal.
The staff was helpful and serious I would stay there again for sure.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
TheKHotel, General Manager at The K Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you, for taking the time to express your valuable opinion about your stay at The K Hotel.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at The K Hotel and hope to that you will be able to visit our Restaurant and Lounges.