“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #14 of 131 Hotels in Manama
Tennessee
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this Hotel for a business event. The Hotel is very conveniently located in the Heart of Bahrain. It's directly adjacent to a top of the Line designer mall. The service was superb, the staff very friendly and extremely helpful and attentive. The guest room top modern, comfortable and very well equipped.
We for sure will stay at this Hotel again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
KGIHBC C, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Mr. Globetrotter1955

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay with us.

I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and service provided by our experienced hoteliers. Our goal is to provide wonderful experiences and extraordinary service, and positive comments such as yours motivate us even further. Also, as you mentioned our direct attachment to Bahrain City Centre Mall with its 340 retail outlets and various entertainment options is an added bonus for our guests. Our location in central Manama makes it convenient to navigate the country. For example the Bahrain International Circuit can be reached in just 20 minutes; and Bahrain Fort, a UNESCO world heritage site is only five minutes’ drive from the hotel.

Our room design is contemporary with luxurious touches everywhere and we have a wide selection of room categories to choose from. I’m glad that you enjoyed our up-to-date style.

Puneet Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

After a long sleepless drive here, my family and I just wanted to check in and rest but our room was delayed for two hours and all our complains were disregarded. The receptionists treated us with utmost disrespect with the meanest smug looks on their faces. Nothing in this hotel makes up for such bad service.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Nkknoha
KGIHBC C, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Nkknoha,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback, we regret to hear that your experience with us was not up to your expectations.

I have discussed with the relevant team members your case and they were able to shed some light. In regards to the room delay, as part of our check in policy guests can start checking in at 3 pm, and you arrived at 10 am, however our staff still started the check in process immediately. Unfortunately there were no rooms available that met your request, thus you had to wait and we apologize for that. We’re sorry you felt your complaints were disregarded; we assure you we take our guests complaints very seriously. Our aim is to provide memorable experiences for our guests and we’re sorry to learn you felt we haven’t accomplished that.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back at our hotel soon.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed with my family at Kempinski Grand for two nights, we enjoyed everything about this hotel. Location is perfect for shopping as it is attached to Bahrain's largest mall, The City Center. Room is spacious and very clean. Internet is slow, but free of charge. Room service is very good & fast, loved their club sandwich.

On the down side, I wished the hotel provided a prayer room, as I have to go to the malls mosque for prayer.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Otaibi
Dear Mr Otaibi

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your recent stay with us. We aim to create memorable experiences for our guests and are delighted to hear that you liked our service and enjoyed your time with us.

As you mentioned our direct attachment to Bahrain City Centre Mall with its 340 retail outlets and various entertainment options is an added bonus for our guests. Our location in central Manama makes it convenient to navigate the country. For example the Bahrain International Circuit can be reached in just 20 minutes; and Bahrain Fort, a UNESCO world heritage site is only five minutes’ drive from the hotel.

Regarding the prayer room, we have a space for our guests to pray next to the business centre in the Grand tower. We also allocate rooms for prayer in the banqueting area on the second floor in both Grand and Ixir towers. We apologize if this was not communicated to you.

Dhahran
Reviewed 7 June 2014

First time to stay at the Kempinski Grand Hotel and truly loved it. The "Smart Glass" used for the bathroom wall is very cool.

Staff was great, room was great, and free valet parking and wi fi.

I do have a question, why is there an ash tray and matches in a non smoking room?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
KGIHBC C, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Mr Jerry102DE,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your recent stay with us. I’m glad to hear your stay with us was a remarkable one.

I’m content to learn you enjoyed our hotel, the room and the bathroom with the high-tech Smart Glass technology, as well as the service provided by our passionate hoteliers. Our goal is to provide delightful experiences and service beyond the ordinary; and encouraging feedback such as yours motivates us to strive even further.

In regards to the ashtray and matches in a non-smoking room, they seem to have been placed in the room erroneously and we apologize for that. However, we’re delighted to know that your overall experience with us was a wonderful one.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I really like the Kempinski Hotel. I have been travelling to Bahrain for the past 6 months and always stay at the Kempinski. The hotel is well situated and adjoins the City Centre Mall so everything you need is literally 1 minute's walk away. The staff are incredibly helpful and courteous and the service offered by the Kempinski is outstanding.

When I arrived I was assigned my 'Lady in Red' (Naomi) who is my 'go to' person for any issues or questions I may have. Nothing is too much trouble and whenever I have a query or require advice, Naomi is always available to assist, and is always smiling and personally greets me on every check-in.

The Concierge service is exemplary - George (Head Doorman, Grand Tower) is always very pleased to welcome all guests and he makes you feel at home instantly as well as being able to provide any information on the entertainment and 'things to do' in the area (and there is so much to do in Bahrain, it really is a beautiful country\island.). In fact, all of the concierges and doormen are really nice and will assist you in any way they can; superb professional, courteous and knowledgeable staff!

Rashida (Ixir Tower Reception Desk) always remembers me and always greets me with a smile; it's the little things (courtesy, manners, politeness) that make you feel really welcome and provide you with the 'come back soon' feeling, as if you are really missed when not at the hotel. It's kind of a large family feeling (home from home if you will) and for travellers working away from home, this service is an important part of making a foreign stay feel like you are at home.

The room quality is of an excellent standard regardless of the tower you are staying in (The Grand is slightly more upmarket than the Ixir for room décor) however the room sizes in both towers are of a very good size. In-room beverages are available including Tea, Coffee, etc. as well as bottled waters available at no cost.

The room service is fantastic - Order food and within 30 minutes it is at your room, and the food is of a good standard too. The food is brought to your room in a hot caddy and is served for you in the room - A great service and the very polite room service staff serve your food for you

The Pool and Spa is out of this world.
The pool is an infinity pool and is 1.5 metres deep regardless of where you are in the pool (its all the same level). There is also a smaller Jacuzzi pool to chill out in and for the children to play in if they are not good swimmers. The pool area is constantly manned by capable lifeguards (James and Jesse) and both demonstrate 'safety first' whenever children and adults are in or by the pool. Swimming jackets (buoyancy aids) are readily available for children and adults should they be required. The pool bar is manned by Wissam who always greets you with a smile and a handshake, and he has a very good memory; he always remembers what you like to drink and usually your room number too!

The Spa is fantastic - I took the opportunity to treat myself to a massage and the service, professionalism and capability of the masseurs and therapists is second to none. There is a Sauna, Steam Room, Jacuzzi\Spa and the treatment rooms, as well as a 'relaxing area' post treatment. Being served with Ginger and Honey tea after the treatment just tops everything off nicely.

With regards to the location, City Centre Mall is connected to the hotel and boasts every department store and outlet you could wish for. There is also a food court (with a children's play area which has amusements, rides and a water park!), restaurants and a large Cinema within the mall.

Other entertainment is only a taxi ride or car journey away. Local eateries, shisha, Souq markets, night clubs, F1 racing circuit (with karting!)....its all here in Bahrain.

If you didn't know, Bahrain is 'western' with regards to it's cultures and approaches so everything is very relaxed however you should always be respectful of local customs (dress and act appropriately when shopping in the mall, etc.) however ladies do not need to cover themselves and the multi-culture embrace that Bahrain offers is truly unique and welcomes everybody.

The Kempinski hotel is superb! As I mentioned earlier, I always stay here when I travel to Bahrain, but don't just take my word for it, try it for yourself and you will be extremely happy with the service you receive, I am sure.

Room Tip: The Grand tower has slightly better room furnishings than the Ixir tower, however this is the only r...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr Matt G,

We sincerely thank you for your continued patronage of our hotel and the wonderful review of your experiences with us. It brings us great pleasure to hear that we’ve made your stays with us truly memorable.

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and service provided by our experienced hoteliers. Our goal is to provide wonderful experiences and extraordinary service, and positive comments such as yours motivate us to strive even further. I have shared your encouraging feedback with my entire team including Naomi, George, Rashida, James, Jesse and Wissam. Being considered a home away from is a great compliment to us and our welcoming staff.

We’re glad to learn that you have enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, from the design elements to food, the pool and the spa, the location and most of all the service.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have stayed in Kempinski Bahrain City Centre for two nights, and I have really liked the stay. The rooms are in perfect conditions, and the whole hotel setup is really convenient.
I will start with the check in process which was very smooth, and the whole staff is very welcoming and nice. The room is very nice with big windows overlooking parts of the sea. I liked the bathroom with glass walls.
The location of the hotel is really perfect. It’s located in Seif that is considered the business area in Bahrain near the important attractions. On the other hand, the hotel itself is inside the City Center mall, which is one of the major malls in the city. It has one of the exits that let you out directly inside the mall. This is really convenient, as you can do quick shopping and you have many dining options.
I have tried the restaurant for the breakfast and dinner. The breakfast really worth it. The quality of food is excellent as well as the variety. The dinner was ok for me, however, I think it’s really expensive specially that there are many other attractive dining options few steps away in City Mall.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank AyZuabi
KGIHBC C, General Manager at The Westin Bahrain City Centre, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Mr Ayman,

We are very happy to read your positive review, and are glad we could contribute to making your trip to Bahrain a great experience.

We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and service. Our aim is to provide extraordinary experiences and service beyond excellent, and I’m content to hear that we have delivered that. I am happy to share your positive comments about the service with all my team.

I’m pleased to hear that you liked our breakfast. We have a direct partnership with a local farm in a neighbouring town, and we receive a delivery of fresh produce straight from the farm every day. This allows us to offer a large selection of dishes of highest quality using the freshest ingredients in all of our outlets. Although the price is a little higher, the advantage is that we know exactly where our food and ingredients come from, which isn’t found everywhere.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I loved this hotel!! Great service and great personnel. The room was very comfortable and modern.The location is wonderful if you want to spend your time shopping and watching movies at the mall. The buffet on Fridays is amazing too!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ms Mary Morell,

I’m happy to learn that you enjoyed our Friday Family Brunch at Baharat which features a variety of international classics as well as a selection of Middle Eastern and Oriental dishes from across the Arab world with the freshest ingredients from our local partner farm.