In 2013, my family and I stayed at this hotel, it was the Grand Kempenski and we had a negative experience. As of July 2014, it is now the Westin. Being a fan of the Westin, we decided to stay there again and stayed in one of the one bedroom suites which are spacious and nice. This time, we had a much better experience. Specifically, the customer service was much better. While things have definitely improved, I can tell that they are still in transition because they missed a few minor details in cleaning/stocking the bathroom that you would not normally experience at Westin properties. However, the room was neat and clean with no smoke smell and the air conditioner worked flawlessly. Also the bed was really comfortable. The only problem was that the water went off for a few hours. This is a very expensive hotel and this should not ever happen (this is the reason for my overall rating of 4, otherwise, I would give them a 5). Other than than that, it was a pleasant stay and I will probably stay there again. They did accommodate us with early check in and late check out which made a big difference. If you plan to getaway for a weekend of shopping, movies, and restaurants, the City Centre Mall is downstairs and the Seef Mall is about five minutes away by car. Under Westin management, I am sure this hotel will continue to get better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located at the heart of Manama, The Westin Bahrain City Centre is the first-ever Westin Hotel to grace the island. Thoughtfully devised with a host of novel and innovative facilities that include the city's first Heavenly(R) Spa and Westin KidsClub, guests are afforded the opportunity to sample the unique Westin wellbeing promise when staying for business or leisure. The Westin is merely a few steps away from Bahrain City Centre, the nation's most popular retail and leisure destination with more than 340 retail stores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Bahrain City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kempinski Grand And Ixir Hotel Bahrain City Centre
- The Westin Bahrain City Centre Manama