I've been meaning to leave a review about One Juffair but keep forgetting! We are a family of two adults, and three young children, and we stayed here for about 5-6 weeks in Aug/Sept in a 2 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom apartment.
* staff is genuinely warm, friendly and inviting. Always pleasant, remembered the children's names, very approachable.
* the apartment is very spacious. High ceilings, wooden floor boards, modern décor, with comfortable beds. The kitchen is large, modern with all the bits and bobs you need to use it.
* apartment has free Wifi, free cable TV, and is serviced several times a week for you.
* the roof top pool and gym are nice. We used the pool many times, and my husband used the gym many times too.
* the location of One Juffair is extremely excellent. Surrounded by dozens of fine dining and casual dining restaurants, cafes, icecream parlours, fast food joints...you name it! Nandoes, MacDonalds, Starbucks, Chillis, Macaroni Grill, Fuddruckers, thai food, Japanese food, burger joints - its all there. All within walking distance and almost all home deliver! The furthest café from One Juffair is DOME and it takes about 7 minutes to get there on foot! :)
* there are TWO 24 hour grocery shops across the street from the apartments, and they home deliver. But if you need more supplies that they don't have, there is an AlJazira Supermarket only 5 mintues drive away...right next to the TGIFridays restaurant :)
* Parking is terrible in this area. There are some reserved spots for One Juffair residents underneath the building, but there's only like 10 spots in total. Depending on the time and day you try to find parking, you may be lucky to get one of those bays or be able to park directly in front of the building. There is an empty sandy lot behind the building where you can park, but again, there are no bays, so if you have to be careful how you park your car, otherwise you might get blocked in. Parking in this sandy lot is already terrible when you know your car is going to be scorching hot inside later being out in the sun all day. If you come on a BUSY hour or busy day, you can find yourself driving around for about 20minutes looking for a place to park. This is extremely annoying when you have three small children with you, a boot full of groceries and you don't want to park in the sun! Probably the biggest downfall about One Juffair is the lack of parking availability.
* Internet was great in the bedrooms....but as soon as you move to the lounge room, you cut out or it's extremely weak.
* The washing machine had no manual, and was difficult to use. I personally thought ours wasn't connected to the hot water, because normally when you take out a load of washing from a machine, its still warm from the wash...but ours was always cold, as if it'd been washed in cold water (even though I turned the temperature to 40C or more!). Because of it not being washed in cold water, often clothes weren't 100% clean after a cycle.
* The spray in the second bathroom (not the master bedroom ensuite) was very weak. The spray wasn't very hard, and sometimes hot water was difficult to get. I don't know why when the hot water and the spray in the ensuite was excellent.
* Although the mattresses and quilts were comfortable, the pillows were awful! Hard and bulky. We had to go out and buy our own pillows!!
* The walls aren't 100% wall proofed. You can hear music coming from upstairs, and you can hear the elevator going up and down constantly.
* The pool was great, but a lot of the tiles kept breaking off and just left about. When you have small children, including a toddler, this is quite dangerous.
* Despite it being surrounded by awesome restaurants - one of the downsides of the location is that it really is not that 'family friendly'. The US Navy Base is like 8 minutes walk away. There are A LOT, and I mean A LOT of American navy sailors that hang about the area, often with groups of giggling laughing Filipino women, hooners driving their fast and loud cars up the street with music blasting, its just not the sort of place you always want to expose small children too. It wasn't a huge deal but dampened the ambience just a little each time you want to take the family out for dinner.
I would probably recommend management have a look at changing their pillows though and fixing up those broken tiles in the pool!
Despite these flaws though, I enjoyed my stay at One Juffair Serviced Apartments and would have no problems recommending it to others :)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your One Juffair Luxury Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One Juffair Luxury Serviced Apartments Bahrain/Manama