“Disappointing”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Telephone # 17590591
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We visited Lanterns (Adliya) on a Thursday night after reading the reviews. We opted for the buffet which cost a little over 9BD each. We soon regretted this and wished we'd ordered from the menu. The food was tepid and constantly being stirred by one of the waiters. The choice of main dishes were limited and there was no indication as to how spicy they were. The starters and desserts were equally disappointing and the only highlight were the kebabs that were freshly cooked and brought to our table. Not sure if we would visit again, but if we did would give the buffet a wide berth.

1  Thank Ainsley G

Reviewed 11 March 2014

i luv the food and its so tasty. Buffet so many varieties and options.. it came to me as a surprise that this place has such a nice ambiance and a outdoor seating lounge

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Handsdown the best Indian restaurant in Bahrain. Very nice new location in Adlyiah. Meal for two was around BHD 24, including drink.

1  Thank curioustraveller78
Reviewed 6 November 2013

i went to Lanterns (Adliya) with few of my colleagues. as one of my colleague from U.K. loves this place. it came to me as a surprise that this place has such a nice ambiance and a outdoor seating lounge.. the food we had including kebab as well as veg items were really very tasty and i personally liked the dal they have prepared. the service was good and even the resturant manager was keeping a tab for every customer which i think is a good way to make customer feel comfortable.

1  Thank Saransh J
Reviewed 23 October 2013

we were staying at the Gulf Hotel prior to going into Saudi and I really fancied a curry and mentioned to my husband had the new one opened in Adilya, he thought not but too our surprise we stumbled on it by accident.

We eat off the Al Carte Menu and had a great meal, the saffron rice was fantastic. On our return back through to Bahrain we visited again having a drink on the top floor prior to having a meal. I am not sure if it was because of the busy Eid holiday period but we were pushed into having the buffet, there was plenty on offer and a good price but i would have liked to try some more dishes off the Al Carte Menu. On another eve we tried the garden bar and the misters and cooler fans were in action, a great place to have a drink yes people smoke out there and I hate smoke but was not even aware of any smell at all.

2  Thank sadieSurbiton