“Nice crowded days at Bahrain”

Holiday Bahrain Hotel
Ranked #36 of 134 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed 19 October 2013

It was a good experience from the day of on line booking for the hotel. There were no confusion in reaching the hotel and getting the room. The small room was clean and tidy and there were enough car parking for all.

There were two disappointing situations - 1. I am seeing a hotel charging for wifi now ad days. 2. The breakfast hall was overcrowded which forced me to come out fast rather than enjoying it.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms on the beach side
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 October 2013

It is clean, But the beds are hard as a rock,pillows are just as hard, do not expect to get seated
for breakfast unless your from the UAE, two groups were seated in front of me while I was told to wait because they didn't have any room, Go down the road and buy breakfast, save putting up with the trouble!!! Almost forgot the wireless internet goes down to 5Mbps when everyone connects to it even the hardline is slow, sad very sad

Room Tip: Go to another hotel not worth the trouble
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank davidhjensen
HIEXBahrain_0812, General Manager at Holiday Bahrain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Davidhjensen,

First of all we would like to thank you for your valued feedback and we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our new mattresses, soft and firm pillows available in our bedrooms.
We would like to take this opportunity to apologies for any inconvenience caused during your breakfast as well as to thank you for the time and effort from your side taken in informing us of your experience.
We hope you will give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Luca de Stefano

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at hotel during Eid ul Adha break. The place is located very close to sea side. Nice and clean rooms. However, I was disappointed on finding that my room was not having city view. Also there wasnt any baby cot given and I was supposed to have double bed whereas I was given 2 single beds. All of the things were confirmed to me before but on checking-in, I was told that hotel is full and I will not be getting all those stuff.

Apart from above disappointing factors, rest of the stay was pleasant with a vast selection of breakfast at everyday morning.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This was a centrally located hotel. I loved that they had a car park, but it was blocked when I got there and I had to circle around multiple times before I was able to have someone open it. Breakfast buffet was great. Gym was also excellent. Great base for exploring Bahrain, though it you are driving it can be tricky to find since it is located in a side street. Front desk was great even though they didn't tell me there was free wi-fi in the lounge and lobby but rather charged me 5 BD for 24h even though there were cheaper options available. Also, when I asked for directions, they didn't really know much....but to say to take a taxi. Overall, good stay for the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Bahrain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear nath3636,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 October 2013

stayed there last weekend. Nice hotel in a great location. Room were clean and well appointed. A/C worked great ( This is very important in Bahrain). The bar was very nice with a very friendly staff. For the price you can't beat it. Check in / Check out was easy and quick. No issues really to mention. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2013

great city hotel close to centre of Manama. very clean rooms with internet. good breakfast options and a nice lounge/bar. also plenty of taxi's outside for when you need to head out. staff are very helpful

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I stayed and I was amazed by the staff and the hotel restaurant. Was so nice and helpful I will go and stay the hotel next year too it's nice and comfortable . The golf airline was arranged by the hotel and amazed how quickly we want the staff is good people and I am recommending it because I have experience.

• Stayed: August 2013