“A very pleasant looking resort in Bahrain, but watch out for the extra costs!”

Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort
Ranked #16 of 132 Hotels in Manama
York, Pennsylvania
“A very pleasant looking resort in Bahrain, but watch out for the extra costs!”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We booked this location for the beach access, but found the waterfront less than inviting, with bottles in the water, and the water being less than clean.
But the biggest letdown was the extra costs. Although we booked with the hotel chain with breakfast included, we were told that breakfast would be extra, and my daughter who was supposed to be free (children free) needed to pay full price. There was a pool, beach, fitness charge that amounted to $100 a day, and room service was in packages, so you could not just order what you wanted. This a la carte approach is a great money maker for the hotel, but it is really rough on the budget. Coupled with what was not available because it was Ramadan, I feel that I will go elsewhere, and steer clear of Accor for a while.

Our room smelled musky like there was a problem with the air conditioning. Pool was excellent!
Breakfast was sensational! Staff should have stayed home!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Randall I

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 16 July 2012

They upgraded my room to suite for free when they know that I'm a silver member and that we are celebrating our anniversary. The service was excellent and the food was delicious, and the staff were friendly.

My family enjoyed heir stay and highly recommend this hotel to others ...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to answer our questionnaire.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Al Dana Bahrain

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We stayed at the Novotel for 2 nights. The check in was okay, but took 25 mins even though there was only 1 other individual checking in at the time. The rooms are nice, but ours was at the back of the hotel which basically overlooked very noisy jet skiers and a construction site across the water-disappointing! Room service was fine-only about a 20 min wait. The service at the pool was awful-there weren't any staff around to request towels (their towel bin was empty on both days), or to request drinks and snacks. Having said that, staff were very attentive once we did get their attention and you didn't feel that there was a stuffy atmosphere at the hotel, as we have often found at many of the 5 star hotels. The atmosphere at the pool was ruined by a large group of very vocal men playing their own music really loudly. We ate at the seafood restaurant twice-that was lovely. The buffet breakfast was also great, but on the Friday the place was packed and lots of people were waiting for tables and staff were more or less clearing plates from under our noses so we felt that we were being rushed to finish. Overall, our stay was ok. Would I stay there again? Probably not, to be honest. it's not that much more expensive to stay at a five star hotel and the service would no doubt be better.

Room Tip: Request a balcony room overlooking either the pool area (although that could be noisy) or overlookin...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Rosie G
, General Manager at Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel.

At Novotel al Dana, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; we do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get, therefore your feedback is very important to us.

We have shared your comments with the front desk team concerning your long check-in, I can understand that it might be boring to go thru the check-in process which could seem to be 25 min but in fact, based on our computerized CCTV records it took 4 min 25 seconds.

With regards to the atmosphere at the pool, we immediately set up policy to avoid private music devices either around the pool or at the private beach.

Moreover, we will request the Royal coast guard to increase their patrols around the hotel, in order to avoid such disturbance of outsiders Jet-skiing.

Would you be willing to speak to us further about your experience at Novotel Al Dana?
I am available by e-mail at pierre.gaudou@accor.com

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I have stayed at the Al Dana resort several times now and always enjoy my time there. It is a short drive from my home in Saudi, so has become a regular weekend stay.

The rooms are traditional in style, big and generally comfortable - although I think the mattresses are ready for an upgrade! Some of the rooms have a balcony that literally sit over the water and have beautiful views. The bathrooms are good too.

Check-in staff are always generally good - with one exception, but I have noticed she has improved recently too! The duty managers are always very attentive and really make me feel welcome.

Excellent breakfast which is included int the room rate i paid - and they serve bacon and sausage, which is very rare in the region. This is really a big bonus!

The hotel has a great pool area - although it can be very busy at weekends and also a little rowdy when the American navy are in town! There is also a very small beach, which is also a bonus. I have spotted security taking discreet pictures of women sunbathing - so management, please take note - this is not acceptable, please be aware.

I rated the hotel 4 stars - i nearly rated it 3, but based on the excellent value and all round good facilities and service, it is well deserved. I will certainly be back for many more relaxing weekends...

Room Tip: Try and ask for a room with a balcony over the water - great for a sundowner at night.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I arrived mid week and the place was dead! It was somewhat bizarre as I am used to hotels being busy all week round. Having said that, it picked up rather dramatically towards the weekend.
Staff were mostly friendly and helpful although perhaps not as obliging as other hotels I have stayed at. I was in a hurry to go out at one point and it took 1.5 hours to deliver an iron despite four phones calls.

My shower was leaking, cabinets were dusty but the room was comfortable. The sea view was only because I am 6'3-shorter people would not be able to see over the roof immediately outside my window.
It was centrally located which was helpful. Have stayed at better, and worse.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo