“Average”

Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort
Ranked #17 of 132 Hotels in Manama

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Would like to thank all the team, great level of professional service and wide choice of facilities. Nice rooms, good view, and daily clean was done properly, that was mostly important for us! Thx you all! I had brilliant vacation! Cheer up!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Al Dana Bahrain

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel.

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I feel fairly qualified to make a comment on this hotel as a gold Accor member staying in both Sofitel and Novotel hotels regularly around the world. The room although being booked as a Superior had a king bed but was not superior in my idea. The bathroom curtain was torn, light broken and the only things were shampoo, conditioner and two bars of soap. The iron was possibly the cheapest one i have ever seen and didn't not even have the ability for a steam function. They clearly have few women staying in the place. A corkscrew could not be provided to the room but instead the housekeeping had to stand and wait at the door while we opened the bottle of wine. Even with a do not disturb sign on the door I still got a knock on the door from housekeeping. I didn't use the swimming pool as there were a lot of men milling about and as a Western blonde woman I felt out of place. Consolation, the lovely men that work there sprayed our car clean after it got covered in sand and were thoroughly surprised and appreciative with the tip.

Breakfast wasn't anything to write home about. Coming back late one evening the security guard would not let our taxi drop us off at our room but instead at reception and then we had to walk to the room.

I am going back to Bahrain in a few weeks and will stay at the Sofitel which is a little further out. Price vs quality of the Novotel....I would stay somewhere else in Manama next time.

On check out I was asked how my stay was and I explained those things.... the woman looked at me and asked if she should tell her manager... I said don't bother as I don't think there is much he will do except adding a copy paste response to this review.

Room Tip: We were placed on the ground floor facing inside towards the beach and pool but to be honest we had...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DisplacedExpat
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Novotel Al Dana Resort Bahrain.

I am shocked and appalled to learn about your comments and the way you have been treated. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Each and every point you raised have been investigated.

Although, we cannot totally erase from your memory what did not happen on this occasion. It is extremely important for me that you give us another chance to demonstrate the true level of service which is standard at the Novotel Al Dana Bahrain.

Rest assured of my best personal attention and care to your next visit in Bahrain.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

If you want to relax by the beach, this hotel is ok, but if you want to commute in and out it is a bit tricky due to the fact that it is on one side of a highway. Rooms are relatively poor in contents, but bed and bathroom are good. Food is quite average.
I would go again if my target is reasonable pricing.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Paulz71
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your kind opinion about your stay at Novotel Al Dana.

We always strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

I am sorry that your experience did not fully meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel Al Bahrain.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Located on a dam between the two islands of Muharraq and Manama, this resort is a beautiful village with a lot of open spaces and a great sea view. It is only a ten minutes drive from the airport and another ten minutes to downtown Manama.
The rooms are decorated in a beautiful colonial style. There are two different restaurants, one in the entrance area and the other in a separate building on poles, above the water. It is a pleasure to walk around the resort during night time.
The staff is friendly and very supportive. The breakfast has a great variety. When I am staying in Manama, this is my first choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper level.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank metatraveller
Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind appreciation about your stay at Novotel Al Dana.

Your positive feedback is our greatest reward, and I shall share it with the whole team, so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel Al Dana Bahrain.