I am writing to make a complaint about my recent booking experience with the Novotel Bahrain.
I have made an online booking through Booking.com for 2 nights at the Novotel Bahrain. The rate I got at Booking.com was 65BHD/night.
I have a voucher from the Entertainer that is valid until Dec 2014, which gives 1 free complimentary night per stay.
when I contacted the reservation staff at the Novotel Bahrain by phone to confirm that I can use my voucher, they stated that I cannot, and that I must make the booking through the Novotel directly.
So, I cancelled the booking I made through Booking.com.
I then called the hotel again, and they told me that the rate would 120BHD/per night.
I went on to the Novotel.com website, the website of the Novotel Hotels, where I got a rate of 65BHD/night.
I spoke to the hotel about this and they stated that their rate is 120/night, and that they don’t care what the Novotel website states.
So, it was either I book through booking.com and pay 65BD/per night for a total of 130BHD for 2 nights, or I book through the hotel and pay 120BHD for 1 night.
It seems that charging double the rate of one night, and then pretending to provide a free complimentary night ( which I would already have technically paid as the rate of night is double) is scamming people to think they are receiving a free night.
I would like to have the rate that was given on the Novotel website of 65BHD/night, and be able to use my voucher, which clearly states that I would get one free night provided I book through the hotel directly.
I would also like to state that I spoke to the Reservations manager by phone to discuss this and he was quite unhelpful and borderline rude.
I have stayed at this hotel several times, and have enjoyed my previous stays and have given some positive reviews on Tripadvisor.com
However, scamming guests into thinking they are getting a free night when intact they are just doubling the room rate/night is unacceptable and offensive and I believe that guests checking reviews should be aware of this so they do not fall victim to this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachside luxury 4-star hotel, combining leisure facilities and business district convenience. Hotel features an outdoor temperature controlled swimming pool with a hot tub set, a private beach, a fitness center and spa and a free business center. Seafood and catch-of-the day fish specialties are served at La Perle Restaurant, while Zytoun Grill offers international delights buffet with Arabic touch. Live sport and cocktails at Bellevue panoramic bar overlooking the Arabian Gulf, open until late in the evening. Novotel Al Dana Bahrain is 5 minutes drive from airport, Diplomatic and financial areas and City Center; the largest mall in Bahrain, one minute walking distance from Bahrain national museum and theater. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Al Dana Resort Bahrain Hotel Manama
- Novotel Al Dana Hotel Bahrain
- Novotel Manama
- Manama Novotel
- Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort Manama