“Booking Scam”

Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort
Ranked #16 of 133 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I am writing to make a complaint about my recent booking experience with the Novotel Bahrain.

I have made an online booking through Booking.com for 2 nights at the Novotel Bahrain. The rate I got at Booking.com was 65BHD/night.

I have a voucher from the Entertainer that is valid until Dec 2014, which gives 1 free complimentary night per stay.

when I contacted the reservation staff at the Novotel Bahrain by phone to confirm that I can use my voucher, they stated that I cannot, and that I must make the booking through the Novotel directly.

So, I cancelled the booking I made through Booking.com.

I then called the hotel again, and they told me that the rate would 120BHD/per night.

I went on to the Novotel.com website, the website of the Novotel Hotels, where I got a rate of 65BHD/night.

I spoke to the hotel about this and they stated that their rate is 120/night, and that they don’t care what the Novotel website states.

So, it was either I book through booking.com and pay 65BD/per night for a total of 130BHD for 2 nights, or I book through the hotel and pay 120BHD for 1 night.

It seems that charging double the rate of one night, and then pretending to provide a free complimentary night ( which I would already have technically paid as the rate of night is double) is scamming people to think they are receiving a free night.

I would like to have the rate that was given on the Novotel website of 65BHD/night, and be able to use my voucher, which clearly states that I would get one free night provided I book through the hotel directly.

I would also like to state that I spoke to the Reservations manager by phone to discuss this and he was quite unhelpful and borderline rude.

I have stayed at this hotel several times, and have enjoyed my previous stays and have given some positive reviews on Tripadvisor.com
However, scamming guests into thinking they are getting a free night when intact they are just doubling the room rate/night is unacceptable and offensive and I believe that guests checking reviews should be aware of this so they do not fall victim to this.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mohamed M
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

First and foremost, we would like to apologize for the succession of incident which happened while booking with Novotel Al Dana bahrain. We are sorry that your experience did not fully meet your expectations; please allow us to express our sincerest apologies again.

We would like to remind you that the hotel agreement with the Entertainer is subjected to availability as clearly mentioned in the terms and conditions stated on the discount voucher itself, and the booking has to be via the entertainer in direct, any booking via other channels cannot be accepted for the discount.

Although, we cannot totally erase from your memory what did not happen on this occasion. It is extremely important for us that you give us another chance to demonstrate the true level of service which is standard at the Novotel Al Dana Bahrain.

Rest assured of our best personal attention and care to your next visit at Novotel Al Dana Bahrain

There are newer reviews for Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Reviewed 2 April 2014

2  Thank Amina A

Reviewed 29 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Would like to thank all the team, great level of professional service and wide choice of facilities. Nice rooms, good view, and daily clean was done properly, that was mostly important for us! Thx you all! I had brilliant vacation! Cheer up!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Al Dana Bahrain

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I feel fairly qualified to make a comment on this hotel as a gold Accor member staying in both Sofitel and Novotel hotels regularly around the world. The room although being booked as a Superior had a king bed but was not superior in my idea. The bathroom curtain was torn, light broken and the only things were shampoo, conditioner and two bars of soap. The iron was possibly the cheapest one i have ever seen and didn't not even have the ability for a steam function. They clearly have few women staying in the place. A corkscrew could not be provided to the room but instead the housekeeping had to stand and wait at the door while we opened the bottle of wine. Even with a do not disturb sign on the door I still got a knock on the door from housekeeping. I didn't use the swimming pool as there were a lot of men milling about and as a Western blonde woman I felt out of place. Consolation, the lovely men that work there sprayed our car clean after it got covered in sand and were thoroughly surprised and appreciative with the tip.

Breakfast wasn't anything to write home about. Coming back late one evening the security guard would not let our taxi drop us off at our room but instead at reception and then we had to walk to the room.

I am going back to Bahrain in a few weeks and will stay at the Sofitel which is a little further out. Price vs quality of the Novotel....I would stay somewhere else in Manama next time.

On check out I was asked how my stay was and I explained those things.... the woman looked at me and asked if she should tell her manager... I said don't bother as I don't think there is much he will do except adding a copy paste response to this review.

Room Tip: We were placed on the ground floor facing inside towards the beach and pool but to be honest we had...
1  Thank DisplacedExpat
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Novotel Al Dana Resort Bahrain.

I am shocked and appalled to learn about your comments and the way you have been treated. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Each and every point you raised have been investigated.

Although, we cannot totally erase from your memory what did not happen on this occasion. It is extremely important for me that you give us another chance to demonstrate the true level of service which is standard at the Novotel Al Dana Bahrain.

Rest assured of my best personal attention and care to your next visit in Bahrain.

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

If you want to relax by the beach, this hotel is ok, but if you want to commute in and out it is a bit tricky due to the fact that it is on one side of a highway. Rooms are relatively poor in contents, but bed and bathroom are good. Food is quite average.
I would go again if my target is reasonable pricing.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Paulz71
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your kind opinion about your stay at Novotel Al Dana.

We always strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

I am sorry that your experience did not fully meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel Al Bahrain.

Laurent Noury

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manama
Elite Resort & Spa
Gulf Hotel Bahrain Convention and Spa
ART Rotana
ART Rotana
#1 of 4 in Amwaj Islands

Been to Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort? Share your experiences!