“Great resort”

Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort
Ranked #15 of 137 Hotels in Manama
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The hotel was very good. The pool was big and the good thing it wasn't crowded. Staff were friendly. Environment was soothing and lovely. The beach was lovely. The paddle boar service was good also. The only thing that disappointed me was that one night there was a lizard in my room. All in all it was a good stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Maqs A
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind appreciation about your stay at Novotel Al Dana.

Your positive feedback is our greatest reward, and I shall share it with the whole team, so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have been traveling to Bahrain for the last year -- and by far, Novotel Al Dana is the best in town!!

The service is beyond exceptional - especially from the concierge staff. Upendra Pathak, the supervisor of this area, is the key to the service that I have received over the year.

When I first arrived to the resort in the summer of 2013 it was late and I was exhausted. He was there with a smile and willing to provide me with anything that I needed-- and did, including allowing me to even use his sim card to make a call. Although its his responsibility to provide service to all the guests as well as supervise other team members, his service level to provide great customer service was and is very genuine and sincere.

Upendra's high level of service has lasted even until now. I just took a recent visit two weeks ago -- and even though much of the staff has changed, he has been the constant there -- and you can tell that his beautiful spirit has spilled over into the other members of his staff. Upendra has done an awesome job of making guests feel comfortable. When I see him working he is serving with a smile- his customers are smiling back too-- this is the important thing.

Going to Novotel Al Dana has been one of the few joys of my visit here in the Middle East --- not Dubai, not Qatar ---- its going to Bahrain and looking forward to a peaceful stay at a resort where I receive TRUE exceptional service with a smile from people like Upendra Pathak

Trust me when I tell you that you can't go wrong here. By the way, Robert, a bartender in the Le Bellevue is outstanding as well. You can't believe how busy it gets in there -- and he keeps up -- and he smiles doing it.

Thanks Novotel Al Dana -Bahrain for employing such a great team.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Agyrrl
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Reviewed 19 June 2014

there are not too many beach resorts in Bahrain so this was a treat for my family and I. great buffet and decent room service menu. nice pool and exercise rooms for both men and women (separate). we stayed in a mini-suite with a beach view which was really nice and not too expensive.

Room Tip: the beach view Junior Suite have great balconies over looking the little beach
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe W
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Reviewed 18 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank Mohammed S

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Once again I booked at this amazing place.... Returning to Dana resort just getting better every time. This is becoming my favorite destination in Bahrain, the personal touch and excellent rooms and resort facilities is exactly what you want when breaking away from every day rush. Me and my wife returned from South Africa after a very short trip, and stopped over at Dana resort before heading for Saudi Arabia. When we arrived at 23:00 we were pleasantly surprised that our room was upgraded to a suite. Entering the room, we received a personalized message from the manager and a lovely fruit basket. The next morning we were delighted with all the staff greeting us and welcoming us back to the resort. You feel so welcome here it is unbelievable. I am proud to say that I am an ambassador for DANA RESORT, and I will recommend it to anyone!!!!

Thank you to all the staff at Dana resort....

Room Tip: I love the rooms where the patio faces the beach, it is so peaceful in the morning,
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zwiegies

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Spent three days here on liberty call from a USS carrier. Loved the fact that it wasn't a 'tower' hotel. Nice beach to play volleyball on or take out their kayaks. Pool was very refreshing and very big. Had dinners at both resturants and food was very good. Breakfast is awesome, lots of choices. Rooms are spacious and clean. Shuttle service was spot on and took us back and forth to the base. Wifi was strong and allowed us to skype back home. Swim up bar was exspensive but most drinks in this island nation are. Having a cool drink in the pool was nice after being on the ship so long. Lots of families were here, from many countries. Had a good resort vibe to the whole place. Got a great massage in the spa and felt like a new man after. If we pull back in here again, I will stay at the Novotel again. We are the reigning volleyball champs!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank AZCS

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel grounds are nice and very clean. The pool is large with ample shade and lounge chairs. Pool bar was "swim up" but better drink selections were needed. Rooms were up to date and clean. The lack of a mini bar in the rooms was a damper, but room service answers requests quickly. A small refrigerator was in each room for beverages. Hotel is approx. 10 min drive from the closest liquor store. Security was adequate. No extra charge for room guests.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Novotel Hotels
1  Thank Simon W

Laurent Noury

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manama
Sofitel Bahrain Zallaq Thalassa Sea & Spa
Gulf Hotel Bahrain Convention and Spa
ART Rotana
ART Rotana
#1 of 5 in Amwaj Islands

Been to Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort? Share your experiences!