“good hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 134 Hotels in Manama
Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
“good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

really nice resort and the rooms that i stayed in were very large. on the whole a very nice change from the usual standard hotel rooms that most chains provide. service also good in this hotel and i would definitely return

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gary T
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your kind appreciation about your stay at Novotel Al Dana.

Your positive feedback is our greatest reward, and I shall share it with the whole team, so that they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy you and meet your expectations.

Laurent Noury

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Riyadh Province, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very good. The pool was big and the good thing it wasn't crowded. Staff were friendly. Environment was soothing and lovely. The beach was lovely. The paddle boar service was good also. The only thing that disappointed me was that one night there was a lizard in my room. All in all it was a good stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Maqs A

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have been traveling to Bahrain for the last year -- and by far, Novotel Al Dana is the best in town!!

The service is beyond exceptional - especially from the concierge staff. Upendra Pathak, the supervisor of this area, is the key to the service that I have received over the year.

When I first arrived to the resort in the summer of 2013 it was late and I was exhausted. He was there with a smile and willing to provide me with anything that I needed-- and did, including allowing me to even use his sim card to make a call. Although its his responsibility to provide service to all the guests as well as supervise other team members, his service level to provide great customer service was and is very genuine and sincere.

Upendra's high level of service has lasted even until now. I just took a recent visit two weeks ago -- and even though much of the staff has changed, he has been the constant there -- and you can tell that his beautiful spirit has spilled over into the other members of his staff. Upendra has done an awesome job of making guests feel comfortable. When I see him working he is serving with a smile- his customers are smiling back too-- this is the important thing.

Going to Novotel Al Dana has been one of the few joys of my visit here in the Middle East --- not Dubai, not Qatar ---- its going to Bahrain and looking forward to a peaceful stay at a resort where I receive TRUE exceptional service with a smile from people like Upendra Pathak

Trust me when I tell you that you can't go wrong here. By the way, Robert, a bartender in the Le Bellevue is outstanding as well. You can't believe how busy it gets in there -- and he keeps up -- and he smiles doing it.

Thanks Novotel Al Dana -Bahrain for employing such a great team.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Agyrrl
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort, responded to this review, 2 July 2014

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

there are not too many beach resorts in Bahrain so this was a treat for my family and I. great buffet and decent room service menu. nice pool and exercise rooms for both men and women (separate). we stayed in a mini-suite with a beach view which was really nice and not too expensive.

Room Tip: the beach view Junior Suite have great balconies over looking the little beach
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joe W
GM N, General Manager at Novotel Bahrain Al Dana Resort, responded to this review, 25 June 2014

Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Once again I booked at this amazing place.... Returning to Dana resort just getting better every time. This is becoming my favorite destination in Bahrain, the personal touch and excellent rooms and resort facilities is exactly what you want when breaking away from every day rush. Me and my wife returned from South Africa after a very short trip, and stopped over at Dana resort before heading for Saudi Arabia. When we arrived at 23:00 we were pleasantly surprised that our room was upgraded to a suite. Entering the room, we received a personalized message from the manager and a lovely fruit basket. The next morning we were delighted with all the staff greeting us and welcoming us back to the resort. You feel so welcome here it is unbelievable. I am proud to say that I am an ambassador for DANA RESORT, and I will recommend it to anyone!!!!

Thank you to all the staff at Dana resort....

Room Tip: I love the rooms where the patio faces the beach, it is so peaceful in the morning,
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zwiegies

Virginia Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Spent three days here on liberty call from a USS carrier. Loved the fact that it wasn't a 'tower' hotel. Nice beach to play volleyball on or take out their kayaks. Pool was very refreshing and very big. Had dinners at both resturants and food was very good. Breakfast is awesome, lots of choices. Rooms are spacious and clean. Shuttle service was spot on and took us back and forth to the base. Wifi was strong and allowed us to skype back home. Swim up bar was exspensive but most drinks in this island nation are. Having a cool drink in the pool was nice after being on the ship so long. Lots of families were here, from many countries. Had a good resort vibe to the whole place. Got a great massage in the spa and felt like a new man after. If we pull back in here again, I will stay at the Novotel again. We are the reigning volleyball champs!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends