“Not so great...”

Ranked #36 of 132 Hotels in Manama
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Not so great...”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed in this hotel twice in last 3 months and trust me the experience is not amongst the best. Hotel will provide with free pick up and drop facility but no flexibility. What I mean by flexibility is that I requested the hotel staff to pick me from a place ( for the drop to airport) which was on way since I will have meeting there and I can directly board the cab from there but these guys flatly refused. I have nightmare of my life since my meeting streached beyond the time and still I have to come back and board the cab from hotel as my laguage was lying there and I was about to miss my flight.
Rooms are spacious compared to other hotels in the region. Hotel staff is not so friendly and if you talk about the restaurant staff (@ the breakfast), they will treat you as if you are residing there for free.

Overall I will rate this hotel as average since its situated in the area where you can walk around for shopping and most of the malls are in 10-15 minutes driving distance

Room Tip: Ask for room on floors starting 4th and above since on other floors you may get disturbed with the n...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Hemantsharma123, General Manager. Group sales/mkt & e-commrce at Ramee International Hotel Bahrain, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Thank you for your feed and please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We do understand how important the business meetings are and at times goes beyond scheduled time
We have noted the feedback about the breakfast and have taken required steps to ensure such thing does not happen again.
With regards to the picking you up from the meeting Venue to the hotel and then dropping you to airport is something possible which needs prior and timely information with respective hotel to have it arranged, since our transport personnel would be busy with pre committed airport transfers that would resulted in all delays.
We earnestly hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you in near future.
Kind regards

Hemant Sharma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I stayed in this hotel with family and had a good experience as compared to the bad remarks mentioned in some of the reviews. The rooms are very well sized, the clealiness was excellent, the staff was really good and helpful, with out any greedy looks for service provided. The music system noise was not at all disturbing to the guest rooms. All the bar rooms were very well noise-proofed. The swimming pool size is addequet for 10-12 guest in one time. The restaurant service is fantastic and food preparation is very tasty. What else we should expect from the 4 star hotel during a short and economical stays. If the stay is for longer period than 5 days and if one can afford , then I suggest to select Resort services.

Improvement suggestion: The reception area shall be redisigned to improve the impression about the Hotel.The reception area shall be improvised with good interior , by best utilizing the large available area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 13 September 2010

(I just reviewed the wrong Ramee Hotel before this - I am certain that this review is for the correct hotel since I looked at the map! If somebody sees the review I submitted for the other Ramee before this post, please delete it as I do not wish to defame that hotel!)

My wife and I have been in Bahrain for about 3 weeks now and we are teachers at Bahrain School. My hotel is down the street from the Ramee in Jaffair. (I'm staying at the Majestic Hotel). The Ramee appears quite nice from the outside. We saw a lively atmosphere and a neon sign for the "Black Cave Discotheque" and decided to walk over tonight.

The lobby looked quite nice. We found that the discotheque was around the side. As we walked into the cave and approached the counter, we were told by the employee behind the counter that "only Arabs" were allowed in.

I am dismayed by this blatant display of discrimination and encourage people, both Arab and non-Arab, to not support an establishment with such disgusting policies.

I plan on teaching and living here in Bahrain for several years. In our short time here we have found this to be a nation of generous, kind people. However, this establishment will make a bad reputation for the blossoming tourist industry in Bahrain and I will be certain to tell everybody I know, both Arab and non-Arab, to avoid it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank NathanE

Travellers are raving about these Manama hotels

New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2010

Been here two weeks, planned on staying 8. I can't take the noise anymore, 7 days a week until 2 in the morning. I called the front desk several times and I swear it gets louder. Embarassment to my coworkers. This place caters to the walk up bar crowd, not the hotel guests. I don't know how this place ever got 4 stars, I give it one. The facility looks nothing like the pictures online, especially the gym. The pool is tiny and dirty too. Internet costs a small fortune and connection speeds are slow and i get bumped offline all the time. It's midnight and I can't sleep becuase of the music and DJ yelling so I thought what a great time to write a review.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank Howard1601
Saudi
Reviewed 1 January 2010

Stayed during the New Year and enjoyed our stay .
The service was really good .Thecourteous staff makes the stay remembarable.
I would recommend for persons who want a decent stay in Bahrain .
Wonderful and Keep Going
Best Wishes and Happy New Year For the Entire Team

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karthik_saudi
BahrainHemant, General Manager. Group Sales /Mkt & E -commerce at Ramee International Hotel Bahrain, responded to this review, 3 January 2010
Dear Mr Karthik

Wish you & Family a very happy new year !!
We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay at Ramee Intl Hotel. I will share this positive feedback with my hotel Team.

Feedback such as this is highly appreciated and becomes a souce of motivation !!
best regards
Saint-Tropez, France
Reviewed 22 November 2009

Ramee International is an ok hotel. The location is quite good and service is good as well. Rooms are spacious, but a bit old fashioned/outdated. Beware of the very noisy disco on the ground floor. The bass beat can be heard throughout many of the rooms which is rather bad.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
BahrainHemant, General Manager. Group Sales ,Mkt & e-commerce at Ramee International Hotel Bahrain, responded to this review, 24 November 2009
Management would like to thank you very much for your positive feedback ,we appreciate it. we shall look in to the sound problem from the club and will be corrected in due course of time.
best regards

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 15 July 2009

very good hotel good par great night club ..... Located on the lobby level the Fareast Seafood Market is based on Thai Style cooking where you can enjoy the lavish surroundings, soothing ambience and superb service while savoring your favorite entrée and suitable for family gatherings, intimate dinners or business functions also with separate entrance for families.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business