“Looks Nice - But Discotheque Has an Only Arabs Allowed Policy”

Ramee International Hotel Bahrain
Ranked #39 of 132 Hotels in Manama
Manama, Bahrain
“Looks Nice - But Discotheque Has an Only Arabs Allowed Policy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

(I just reviewed the wrong Ramee Hotel before this - I am certain that this review is for the correct hotel since I looked at the map! If somebody sees the review I submitted for the other Ramee before this post, please delete it as I do not wish to defame that hotel!)

My wife and I have been in Bahrain for about 3 weeks now and we are teachers at Bahrain School. My hotel is down the street from the Ramee in Jaffair. (I'm staying at the Majestic Hotel). The Ramee appears quite nice from the outside. We saw a lively atmosphere and a neon sign for the "Black Cave Discotheque" and decided to walk over tonight.

The lobby looked quite nice. We found that the discotheque was around the side. As we walked into the cave and approached the counter, we were told by the employee behind the counter that "only Arabs" were allowed in.

I am dismayed by this blatant display of discrimination and encourage people, both Arab and non-Arab, to not support an establishment with such disgusting policies.

I plan on teaching and living here in Bahrain for several years. In our short time here we have found this to be a nation of generous, kind people. However, this establishment will make a bad reputation for the blossoming tourist industry in Bahrain and I will be certain to tell everybody I know, both Arab and non-Arab, to avoid it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank NathanE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
New Port Richey, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2010

Been here two weeks, planned on staying 8. I can't take the noise anymore, 7 days a week until 2 in the morning. I called the front desk several times and I swear it gets louder. Embarassment to my coworkers. This place caters to the walk up bar crowd, not the hotel guests. I don't know how this place ever got 4 stars, I give it one. The facility looks nothing like the pictures online, especially the gym. The pool is tiny and dirty too. Internet costs a small fortune and connection speeds are slow and i get bumped offline all the time. It's midnight and I can't sleep becuase of the music and DJ yelling so I thought what a great time to write a review.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank Howard1601

Travellers are raving about these Manama hotels

Saudi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2010

Stayed during the New Year and enjoyed our stay .
The service was really good .Thecourteous staff makes the stay remembarable.
I would recommend for persons who want a decent stay in Bahrain .
Wonderful and Keep Going
Best Wishes and Happy New Year For the Entire Team

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karthik_saudi
BahrainHemant, General Manager. Group Sales /Mkt & E -commerce at Ramee International Hotel Bahrain, responded to this review, 3 January 2010
Dear Mr Karthik

Wish you & Family a very happy new year !!
We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay at Ramee Intl Hotel. I will share this positive feedback with my hotel Team.

Feedback such as this is highly appreciated and becomes a souce of motivation !!
best regards
Hemant Sharma
Saint-Tropez, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2009

Ramee International is an ok hotel. The location is quite good and service is good as well. Rooms are spacious, but a bit old fashioned/outdated. Beware of the very noisy disco on the ground floor. The bass beat can be heard throughout many of the rooms which is rather bad.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
BahrainHemant, General Manager. Group Sales ,Mkt & e-commerce at Ramee International Hotel Bahrain, responded to this review, 24 November 2009
Management would like to thank you very much for your positive feedback ,we appreciate it. we shall look in to the sound problem from the club and will be corrected in due course of time.
best regards

Hemant Sharma
Amman, Jordan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2009

very good hotel good par great night club ..... Located on the lobby level the Fareast Seafood Market is based on Thai Style cooking where you can enjoy the lavish surroundings, soothing ambience and superb service while savoring your favorite entrée and suitable for family gatherings, intimate dinners or business functions also with separate entrance for families.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank hazemshoubaki
Pakistan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2008

Hi

It was my first trip to Bahrain and I have been reading a lot of good and bad reviews about this hotel. To be honest, I was a bit scared when my client told me that my room is booked in this hotel. My stay was very short so those who had bad experience here might not agree with me.

I found this hotel quite OK for BHD 38 per night. The room was nice and tidy. Although the bed was a bit small. I am 5' 10" so I can imagine this bed is quite small for taller people. The staff was nice. Interior of the hotel is quite old.

Pros:-
- Economical
- Most of the famous fast food outlets are nearby

Cons:-
- No shopping centre around
- Internet charges are very high
- Drink charges are quite high
- The location is quite far and away from the main city.

As I went there in week days so I didn't come across any drunk people. Although the cafes and clubs are full of prostitutes mostly philipinos but they don't push anyone to buy a drink or take them to their room unless you go and introduce yourself (I didn't try :-) ). Also, no one knocked the door during the night. I was on the 5th floor that might be out of their reach :-)

Taxi
===
Thanks to all travel gurus for taxi scam information. I asked about the meter before taking a taxi and the driver told me that now the taxis are being taken over by a new cab company and almost all taxis in bahrain have meters now. The rule as he told me that they charge 1 BHD extra if you are taking a taxi from hotel or shopping centre and 2 BHD from airport. So thats my experience with the taxi. You gurus are better judges.

Shopping
========
I managed to visit Seef Mall and City Centre. Both are huge but expensive and the prices are almost same as in any shopping centre in London. I think prices in dubai are bit less than here.

So thats all folks. Please let me know your thoughts.

• Liked — Fast food outlets next to the hotel
  • Disliked — far and away from the main city
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank proudpakistani
Istanbul
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2008

I have stayed in this hotel with my wife just for one night for our transfer flight in next day and it would have been much better ,if we had stayed in the airport all night long.This hotel is absulately a nightmare hotel with lots of drunks,shouting people,prostitutes in the middle of the night till morning light.We have waken up five-six times with load music,shouting people that were giving party in one of the next rooms.And hotel management were totally ignoring what was happening.Following morning, we have faced with these hookers,prostitutes together with the sons of rich Saudis in breakfast ,they were still drunk and did not even shame of other people.The breakfast were terrible.And the hotel is in the middle of no where.We have complained to the management next day ,but they have seemed that they have got used to these complains everyday and surely ignore it.So stay well away from this hotel.This was our big mistake.

• Liked — Nothing at all
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11 Thank K0ner